Bill O’Reilly Calls on Congress to Pass Another Gun Law During Heated Segment

Guest Lester Weevils

I've ranted about the pompous blowhard for years. He is so reliably wrong on everything-- Give him 5 alternate solutions to a problem and he will pick the worst one, or very occasionally he will get lucky and pick the next-to-worst solution. He is so reliably wrong that if one occasionally agrees with O'Reilly on a topic, then that is an alarm bell signalling that one should carefully re-think the position in order to avoid likely error. :)

Obviously Bill doesn’t know the law. He doesn’t know much about guns either if he is worried that an AK is a “Heavy Weaponâ€.

60,000 round of ammo? Who had 60,000 rounds of ammo? I thought the Denver shooter fired about 200 rounds, and obviously that was enough to do the job. That’s 4 boxes of ammo at Wal-Mart Bill.

• Like 1
Guest adurbin

What good would a list of "machine gun" owners do anyway. Unless the FBI is going to go door to door and check every owner to see if they are feeling postal.

Guest Lester Weevils

Because of the forms and taxes people have to do in order to get machine guns (legal that is)-- Can't they already make a list of all the legal machine gun owners this very minute, if they don't have one already? Or is the system designed so that "theoretically" a machine gun purchaser is anonymous, kinda like "theoretically" you buy an ordinary gun at the gun store and the gov discards the 4473 data rather than adding you to a list?

I would think BATF has current list of where all recent transfers (15+/- yrs ago) are located,

You can request a FOIA for your pre 1986 MG and they'll tell you: when it was made, all transfers (no names) and states it's traveled (so I've been told)...

Here's alot of ATF info for 2011

http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/050412-firearms-commerce-in-the-us-annual-statistical-update-2012.pdf

There are13000 MG's in Tn, I'm betting most of them are LE weapons..

I've ranted about the pompous blowhard for years. He is so reliably wrong on everything-- Give him 5 alternate solutions to a problem and he will pick the worst one, or very occasionally he will get lucky and pick the next-to-worst solution. He is so reliably wrong that if one occasionally agrees with O'Reilly on a topic, then that is an alarm bell signalling that one should carefully re-think the position in order to avoid likely error. :)

Yes sir!

By most accounts, Holmes seemed reasonably normal up until the shooting. So, lets say Bill's law was in place, and Holmes bought a "Heavy" gun, and the ATF went and investigated. Holmes seems normal enough and has the right paperwork, so the ATF moves on to the next guy. A month later Holmes loses it and goes nuts. Where's the ATF at that point? Long gone. You can't follow every person with a gun every day, it's just not possible.

And about ammo, where do you set the limit? Where ever it is, everyone will know what that is and just buy under the limit, wait a month and buy another shipment. And where is that number placed? 60,000, 10,000, 1,000? eventually it will get down to 10 or 1. Then the ATF will be so overloaded they can never keep track of it all. At least without taxing the heck out of the ammo just to pay for administration. Maybe that's the goal anyway. Besides, if Holmes only shot 200 rounds, how hard is that really to collect?

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

No law will be good enough for some people, but O'Reilly is just blowing his usual stuff. Remember his origins?

Sensationalism. I wonder if he means much of anything what he says. He may just be a usual NY type Rockefeller

Republican, who will twist in the wind, also. Most of those yankee Republicans are scant with the idea of conservatism.

He has made calls against guns before, though, and I don't like to consider him as mainstream as he may think he is.

Here's alot of ATF info for 2011

http://www.atf.gov/p...update-2012.pdf

There are13000 MG's in Tn, I'm betting most of them are LE weapons..

I don't know if the machine guns listed in that fall under LE and private weapons. I don't know of a requirement of LE Agency's having to register their full auto weapons with the government like private citizens do. I think that number may actually be just privately owned machine guns.

If I used everything I had in stock, and the brass multiple times, I doubt I could make 60k rounds of ammo... wow. I would say 25k would run me dry, and I doubt I have 25k primers. More like half that. I need mo primers.... thanks for reminding me Bill!

O'Reilly is a narcissist but he's in good company with many more in the media, Hollywood and politics, they're all the same, self-rightous, sanctimonious, elitist control freaks. I have absolutly no use for any of them including O'Reilly. Everyone should have known where he stood when he defended the theft of privatly owned firearms by the New Orleans police after Katrina. For the life of me I don't know why people are still so clueless that they listen to and believe these spoon fed idiots like O'Reilly, Matthews, Oberman, etc. Just goes to show that even a college degree doesn't necessarily make someone intelligent.

O'Reilly is a narcissist but he's in good company with many more in the media, Hollywood and politics, they're all the same, self-rightous, sanctimonious, elitist control freaks. I have absolutly no use for any of them including O'Reilly. Everyone should have known where he stood when he defended the theft of privatly owned firearms by the New Orleans police after Katrina. For the life of me I don't know why people are still so clueless that they listen to and believe these spoon fed idiots like O'Reilly, Matthews, Oberman, etc. Just goes to show that even a college degree doesn't necessarily make someone intelligent.

You left out Sharpton, Beck, Matthews, Limbaugh and Hannity.

I don't know if the machine guns listed in that fall under LE and private weapons. I don't know of a requirement of LE Agency's having to register their full auto weapons with the government like private citizens do. I think that number may actually be just privately owned machine guns.

I've heard several times there's approx 175-200K MG privately owned in the US..

I beleive LE use's a Form 10 and still goes through the same process we have to, much faster of coarse....

How do you explain MG's in the following states (atf link above)??

28000 in CA

4300-DC

2500-Illinois

7500 in NY

Guest Lester Weevils

It is somewhat in the eye of the beholder, but among those mentioned, O'Reilly along with Olberman, Matthews, Sharpton, seem remarkably talented in picking the wrong answer.

By analogy, a completely random stock trading system would most likely break even or slightly lose. Some "nearly random" systems can gain, assuming the market as a whole is on a rising trend. So if a trader manages to lose his shirt, he shows remarkable talent at the wrong decisions, somehow managing to trade stocks even worse than a pair of dice or a flipped coin.

Though it might be easy to personally dislike Limbaugh or Beck on personality alone, I suspect those guys manage at least as good as random chance, and possibly even slightly better than a random coin flip. Which is only a hunch. Perhaps close scoring would show differently.

Hannity is annoying and doesn't seem especially bright, but he might be lucky enough to beat a random coin flip. The interesting thing-- Hannity has special talent at least "appearing to win debates" for a fella not obviously real bright. Even when he doesn't control the mute button he can back smart people into a corner, even when the smart person might be right and Hannity wrong. Just sayin, maybe that is in itself some kind of proof the dude is smarter than he looks. On the other hand I wouldn't likely hire him for plumbing or electrical work, or if I needed equations solved, or much of anything that requires smarts.

Not that I'd be likely to beat a coin flip or successfully debate in public.

Guest 6.8 AR

"It is somewhat in the eye of the beholder, but among those mentioned, O'Reilly along with Olberman, Matthews,

Sharpton, seem remarkably talented in picking the wrong answer."

I see the similarity with your bunch, Lester, however, you lost me real quick, not that that was that difficult to do. :D

Only way I could judge anyone of them wouldn't be by your analogy, because it flew over my head, is by their

market share, and whether I liked them or not. I listen to a lot of them, mostly Rush, and I know there are a lot

around here who don't like him, so what? I like the guy's personality. Have for as long as he has been on the

radio and the brief stint on television. I have hated radio station's music formats for years and like the way Rush

talks about the subjects he picks. The matter that I happen to agree with him on a lot of subjects doesn't hurt,

either. I absolutely hate Beck's radio show, but I liked him on Television. Bad chemistry, I guess.

I rarely waste my time on O'Reilly. Not just because of the gun topics, but because of his overall style, which

came his previous life on that tabloid show.