Romney Panders To NRA, Anti-Gunners. Simultaneously.

Crap like..... I dunno..... Second Amendment rights?

You had two responses. Obama said nobody needs an AK-47. Romney didn't. It's going to be ONE of those two. 2A is real important to me, but I would also like to see some money flow.

Tell me what you're gonna do. Band with Ron Paul's other 12 supporters and bump Obama and Romney out of the race? We got serious constraints here. The 300,000,000 idiots in this country are going to elect one of the two smiling faces. You can help the commie, or the other guy, and that's it. No other options. You also have the choice in theis state of making a statement, 'cause it will go red no matter what.

EDIT: By crap, I meant homos, abortions, and vaginas.

Edited by mikegideon

You had two responses. Obama said nobody needs an AK-47. Romney didn't. It's going to be ONE of those two. 2A is real important to me, but I would also like to see some money flow.

Tell me what you're gonna do. Band with Ron Paul's other 12 supporters and bump Obama and Romney out of the race? We got serious constraints here. The 300,000,000 idiots in this country are going to elect one of the two smiling faces. You can help the commie, or the other guy, and that's it. No other options. You also have the choice in theis state of making a statement, 'cause it will go red no matter what.

Doesn't matter what I do. Doesn't matter what you do. That's the reality of it.

So why do I want to waste my time?

Edited by DaddyO

That has been my experience as well and I find it a bit disheartening that Romney's religion is even an issue for some.

Would I prefer a President that believes what I believe and how I believe? Of course I would. But I don't think a person has to have any religion of any kind to be a decent person who will strive to do what is right for the country and provide leadership.

That's why it doesn't matter that Obama is a Muslim, right? I don't want to argue with you guys. Our differences are that some of you still have expectations from politicians and government while I have none.

Both choices are crap and should be treated as such. Maybe we need a little pain to set us straight.

• Like 2

Well, it's been my experience that devout Mormons in general are hard working, ethical, and smart business operators. To say their religion is any crazier than the next is purely speculation. Ain't no proof for any of it. If he operates like other Mormons I've dealt with in big business, his religion is the least of my worries.

I agree with this. Being a Mormon isn't a concern for me in and of itself.

But it's no secret that Romney likes to bring his religious views to legislation. "Party of pussy" being the main one in the news of late.

Obama and Romney are both Cali Libs with the exception of that in my book.

Doesn't matter what I do. Doesn't matter what you do. That's the reality of it.

So why do I want to waste my time?

Because you are part of the 60% of elegible voters who don't vote and thus stick us with the likes of Carter, Clinton, and Obama, and then complain about it.
  • Like 1

Because you are part of the 60% of elegible voters who don't vote and thus stick us with the likes of Carter, Clinton, and Obama, and then complain about it.

Nope. I voted in all of those elections. You're wrong.

Edited by DaddyO
Guest ThePunisher

I don't want to argue with you guys. Our differences are that some of you still have expectations from politicians and government while I have none.

Both choices are crap and should be treated as such. Maybe we need a little pain to set us straight.

Don't worry about pain if the commie gets re-elected because it is promised. Start puckering up and learn how to bow properly to the commie and how to greet your fellow comrads.

My expectations of my president is not to turn our country into a communist nation. Obama may let you keep your assualt rifles if you assualt your non compliant neighbors with them who refuse to be indoctrinated into communism.

That's why it doesn't matter that Obama is a Muslim, right?

I don't know if Obama is a Muslim...I don't really think he is a Muslim...actually, I don't think he really has any truly serious religious belief at all and yes, I don't care which was my point.

What I care about is how someone is likely to govern (or in Obama's case, is governing).

Yuup...took the words right out of my mouth!

I've heard disturbing stats that even among self-avowed conservatives and libertarians, only about one in three are even registered to vote!

Edited by RobertNashville

Now I just have to decide if I'm voting third party or staying home in November.

What about Aug 2?

If you're gonna tilt at windmills, go vote against Corker in primary (unless you're pleased with him). I did, yesterday.

Not to mention other local and state rep/senator stuff you may have going on.

Some of those will still be in play in Nov too, whether you want to vote for POTUS or not.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

What about Aug 2?

If you're gonna tilt at windmills, go vote against Corker in primary (unless you're pleased with him). I did, yesterday.

Not to mention other local and state rep/senator stuff you may have going on.

Some of those will still be in play in Nov too, whether you want to vote for POTUS or not.

- OS

There are several who should be dealt a serious blow on Aug. 2 , including Corker and that witch, Harwell.

Forgot the other one, Black? Yes, she needs to go, too. Tennessee could show a lot of Republican and Tea Party

activism this time around. Maybe down the road, if there is one, kick Alexander to some island off the coast of Chile.

There are several who should be dealt a serious blow on Aug. 2 , including Corker and that witch, Harwell.

Forgot the other one, Black? Yes, she needs to go, too. Tennessee could show a lot of Republican and Tea Party

activism this time around. Maybe down the road, if there is one, kick Alexander to some island off the coast of Chile.

What did Diane Black do?
Guest 6.8 AR

I found out I was wrong about her, a little while back. The other gal, LouAnn Zelnick(?) who was the Republican

Party Chairman in Murfreesboro, was actually the conservative, and Ms. Black's advertising is a bit disingenuous

about her voting, not unlike Fincher, my rep, who did the same.

You had two responses. Obama said nobody needs an AK-47. Romney didn't.

Hmmm...you know, it occurs to me that only one of those two has actually signed an 'assault weapons' ban into law - and it wasn't Obama. It was Romney and from everything I've seen, he did so happily and amid much fanfare. But, hey, maybe he has had a Saul/Paul like epiphany, has seen the error of his ways and will be a staunch supporter of our rights - and I will applaud him for doing so just as soon as these monkeys get done flying out of my butt.

Don't get me wrong - I think Obama is a pisspoor president. It is just that I find the naieve belief that Romney will actually be even a halfway decent president to be completely ridiculous. It's like watching a race between a Yugo and a Gremlin - it might be funny if it weren't so sad and, in the end, it doesn't really matter which one wins as they both will still suck.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

You should become a Democrat. They're all smarter than us too :)

I doubt that as most staunch Democrats are just as blinded by party politics as most staunch Republicans. That is the problem - it's all either Dempublicans or Repocrats and if you aren't one then you hafta be the other (even though. in action, the folks each side elects look a lot alike.) Can't anyone see that BOTH sides have had a hand in ruining our country and that insisting everyone has to be one or the other (and if you don't vote for 'our' guy then you must be for 'them' - even if you vote for someone else) is what has gotten us here in the first place? Does everyone have to live by the, "My party is better than your party and we're gonna win Wrestlemania...er...I mean the election," mindset?

Edited by JAB
Guest 6.8 AR

Hmmm...you know, it occurs to me that only one of those two has actually signed an 'assault weapons' ban into law - and it wasn't Obama. It was Romney and from everything I've seen, he did so happily and amid much fanfare. But, hey, maybe he has had a Saul/Paul like epiphany, has seen the error of his ways and will be a staunch supporter of our rights - and I will applaud him for doing so just as soon as these monkeys get done flying out of my butt.

Don't get me wrong - I think Obama is a pisspoor president. It is just that I find the naieve belief that Romney will actually be even a halfway decent president to be completely ridiculous. It's like watching a race between a Yugo and a Gremlin - it might be funny if it weren't so sad and, in the end, it doesn't really matter which one wins as they both will still suck.

I'd rather him be a half-assed President than be a commie.

And this continual crap that he actually signed and Obama never did wreaks of silliness, since it is obvious what Obama wants. He has said as much himself.

It still would take the House and Senate to get a bill like that for it to be an option for Romney to do that. That was the case in Mass. and I think he tried to accommodate both sides based on Mass. politics. For a Republican to get elected in that state is already a high hurdle.

Naivete can be found in your post, also. I hope you're not that constipated. :D Monkeys, hmm,

might hurt a bit.

Edited by 6.8 AR

I doubt that as most staunch Democrats are just as blinded by party politics as most staunch Republicans. That is the problem - it's all either Dempublicans or Repocrats and if you aren't one then you hafta be the other (even though. in action, the folks each side elects look a lot alike.) Can't anyone see that BOTH sides have had a hand in ruining our country and that insisting everyone has to be one or the other (and if you don't vote for 'our' guy then you must be for 'them' - even if you vote for someone else) is what has gotten us here in the first place? Does everyone have to live by the, "My party is better than your party and we're gonna win Wrestlemania...er...I mean the election," mindset?

I see it. I just don't see the liberty fairy coming along and amassing a bunch of votes THIS time. So, it's multiple choice. A or B. The commie, or the ex commie.

• Like 1
...most staunch Democrats are just as blinded by party politics as most staunch Republicans...

Based on 40 years of being a part of the Republican party I don't believe that's true; I don't believe it's true if the usual Democrat either.

I suggest that most Republicans love their country and truly want what is best for it and I believe that's true for Democrats as well.

The problem is not the people who identify themselves as a Republican; it's with those who hold the reigns of power in the party...especially those who put "party" ahead of everything else; those are the ones who are blinded.

Part of what the Tea Party movement is about is wresting control from those who have steered the Republican party for so many years...if the Tea party can get Republican candidates elected who truly embrace what the party has historically stood for (and usually must do so in spite of what the party "leaders" want), then we can once again see a real difference between an "R" and a "D".

And this continual crap that he actually signed and Obama never did wreaks of silliness, since it is obvious what Obama wants. He has said as much himself.

Romney has actually signed a ban. Obama has not. That is truth - so, according to you, the truth is now 'crap' because it doesn't jibe with Romney being clearly 'better'.

What Obama wants and what Obama gets are two, different things - the fact remains that he has signed no ban while Romney has. In fact, Obama signed legislation (however grudgingly) expanding legal carry rights to include National Parks. All that really means is that either of them would sign away our 2nd Amendment rights if given the chance - and Congress would be no more or less likely to put such a bill in front of Romney than they would be to put such a bill in front of Obama.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1