Romney Panders To NRA, Anti-Gunners. Simultaneously.

OK, read this and then tell me that Mitt Romney cares about your Second Amendment rights more than Barry ODumbo....

“Actually the law that we signed in Massachusetts was a combination of efforts both on the part of those that were for additional gun rights and those that opposed gun rights, and they came together and made some changes that provided, I think, a better environment for both, and that’s why both sides came to celebrate the signing of the bill.†Mitt Romney, CNBC, July 23rd, 2012.

While signing into law a permanent ban on many kinds of semi-automatic rifles, he proclaimed “Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.†With Republicans like Romney, who needs Democrats?

http://www.thetrutha...simultaneously/

That's it; I'm not voting for this puke.

Edited by DaddyO
  • Like 1

I said the same days and days ago. He is the exact same as obama in every way that counts: anti gun, big government, high tax liberal who's campain slogan may as well be "slightly better than the alternative".

• Like 1

What were the changes made in Mass. that were made better for gun owners?

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2010/09/ok-ill-play.html

Allow me to explain.

I hear a lot about "compromise" from your camp ... except, it's not compromise.

Let's say I have this cake. It is a very nice cake, with "GUN RIGHTS" written across the top in lovely floral icing. Along you come and say, "Give me that cake."

I say, "No, it's my cake."

You say, "Let's compromise. Give me half." I respond by asking what I get out of this compromise, and you reply that I get to keep half of my cake.

Okay, we compromise. Let us call this compromise The National Firearms Act of 1934.

There I am with my half of the cake, and you walk back up and say, "Give me that cake."

I say, "No, it's my cake."

You say, "Let's compromise." What do I get out of this compromise? Why, I get to keep half of what's left of the cake I already own.

So, we have your compromise -- let us call this one the Gun Control Act of 1968 -- and I'm left holding what is now just a quarter of my cake.

And I'm sitting in the corner with my quarter piece of cake, and here you come again. You want my cake. Again.

This time you take several bites -- we'll call this compromise the Clinton Executive Orders -- and I'm left with about a tenth of what has always been MY DAMN CAKE and you've got nine-tenths of it.

Then we compromised with the Lautenberg Act (nibble, nibble), the HUD/Smith and Wesson agreement (nibble, nibble), the Brady Law (NOM NOM NOM), the School Safety and Law Enforcement Improvement Act (sweet tap-dancing Freyja, my finger!)

I'm left holding crumbs of what was once a large and satisfying cake, and you're standing there with most of MY CAKE, making anime eyes and whining about being "reasonable", and wondering "why we won't compromise".

I'm done with being reasonable, and I'm done with compromise. Nothing about gun control in this country has ever been "reasonable" nor a genuine "compromise".

LawDog

• Like 1

I got news for ya'll, Bill Krystal of the "Conservative" Daily Standard was on FOX this past weekend and called for reasonable restrictions on such things as high-capacity semi-automatic weapons and magazines. Many people are getting fed-up with massive shootings, and they are compromising already.

I got news for ya'll, Bill Krystal of the "Conservative" Daily Standard was on FOX this past weekend and called for reasonable restrictions on such things as high-capacity semi-automatic weapons and magazines. Many people are getting fed-up with massive shootings, and they are compromising already.

Just curious - when the last AWB was in place, did it have any impact on crime?

They are only pandering to those who will put them in office or keep them in office. Most politicians will never give a straight "yes" or "no" answer to ANY question. First they will figure out their audience then say exactly what they want to hear or at least jade it to fit the audience.

And why do they do this? It is all about control, nothing more. It isn't about money because most politicians were millionaires before they took office. And most spend such a large amount of money on their campaigns that they will never break even with their salary.

Most people don't realize that they are being controlled by those in power. Those on welfare are the worst because have given up their chance to be successful in life for what amounts to less than minumum wage. I know if I had given up my dreams and aspirations of success for such a small amount I would be very upset with those who put me there, namely my representatives.

Take any normal working person and offer them a few hundred dollars a week to quit their job. Most people will look at you like you have lost your mind but some people have allowed themselves to be enslaved and have done it for even less.

Dolomite

Guest ThePunisher

... but some people have allowed themselves to be enslaved and have done it for even less.

Dolomite

And that's what Obama represents, but Romney represents entrepreneurship, and hard work for your means and needs.

That's it; I'm not voting for this puke.

Vote for Dickie Weed. Sumbitch is awesome. He said earlier in the article... No new laws.

What Mitt did as King of a Libtard state has nothing to do with what he'll do in national office. Real different world.

Edited by mikegideon

Nah. Not buyin' it.

Don't buy it. He will win TN anyway. He could have done what he wanted, and said the hell with his constituents... like Maggart. I'll take my chances with Mitt. I don't think Dickie can get elected, no matter how awesome he is.

Nah. Not buyin' it.

Now, now, DaddyO, don't you realize that a person's past actions are absolutely no indicator of their future behavior?

Remember, just vote for Obama Vanilla (Romney) and everything will be okay.

• Like 2