Who got checked this weekend?

We went to see Batman at Pinnacle 18 Sunday morning. The ticket ripper in halfer checked my sister's purse but never gave me a 2nd look. She said it was because of the shooting in CO. I think if they were serious about using that excuse they should have checked me too.

Edited by Spiffy

Nobody checked me on friday night. Guy right in front of me in line was OC'ing a glock 19/23/32. Noone batted an eye as he walked past three employees and atleast one was a manager. Its worth noting that its a regal cinema theatre and they have a gunbuster at the front door.

Heh the last time my wife was checked, she had a gun in the purse and they missed it (carry purse, hidden area). Gotta love it when the ticket taker doubles as security guard, makes me feel much safer and stuff.

The ticket ripper? LOL, what are they going to do if they find an armed crazy person?

Just be the first one shot...

and no extra pay for acting as the Early Warning System (if ticket taker is on the floor, sound the alarm...like a coal mine canary)

The ticket ripper? LOL, what are they going to do if they find an armed crazy person?

Just be the first one shot...

Um he would ask the person to leave and they would, of course. Just like that guy out west the other day who decided to NOT shoot up a theater because it had a sign saying no guns allowed!

• Like 1

It's been many years since I attended an indoor motion picture. I stopped going when they stopped the news reels and cartoons before the motion picture, but...

At my local motion picture / general dry goods store, it was policy to check any bags and purses for any candy, snacks and popcorn brought into the premises. That was a big no, no and would get you kicked out faster than yelling "fire"! And no 25 cent refund on your admittance ticket.

The ticket tearer it in half taker / security guy was usually about 5' - 1" tall wearing a "Call for Phillip Morris" starched uniform. That was the same dude that walked down the center isle with his whale oil lantern making sure there was no hankie panky going on, and you were eating the theaters melted chocolate candy and drinking their warm soda pop.

Was a great place to go on a hot July / August afternoon, as they had a fan blowing across ice. The band providing the music in the subterranean alcove wasn't very good either. They never could get the lions roar in the opening segment of the movie to mimic the lion with a violin.

Back in the day, a Winchester .30 - .30 repeater was the assault weapon of choice for a man, and a cast iron skillet for the other gender.

Ah... The good ole days popcorn.gif

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Like 3

It's been many years since I attended an indoor motion picture. I stopped going when they stopped the news reels and cartoons before the motion picture, but...

At my local motion picture / general dry goods store, it was policy to check any bags and purses for any candy, snacks and popcorn brought into the premises. That was a big no, no and would get you kicked out faster than yelling "fire"! And no 25 cent refund on your admittance ticket.

The ticket tearer it in half taker / security guy was usually about 5' - 1" tall wearing a "Call for Phillip Morris" starched uniform. That was the same dude that walked down the center isle with his whale oil lantern making sure there was no hankie panky going on, and you were eating the theaters melted chocolate candy and drinking their warm soda pop.

Was a great place to go on a hot July / August afternoon, as they had a fan blowing across ice. The band providing the music in the subterranean alcove wasn't very good either. They never could get the lions roar in the opening segment of the movie to mimic the lion with a violin.

Back in the day, a Winchester .30 - .30 repeater was the assault weapon of choice for a man, and a cast iron skillet for the other gender.

25 cents for a movie? HOLY Carp....

Why does stuff has to happen before they will check anything or anyone?

Kinda late now ,isnt it?

I

Well, criminals are all stoopid. They clearly will continue to blow up theaters and ignore other public gatherings because right now, blowing up theater is in style. Its like the airport security increases: its cool for terrorists to jack a plane, while rental vans with a nuke in the back is just not gonna get you any respect. Um. nevermind.

Guest bkelm18

Yeah, I'm not going to trust my safety to some pimple faced kid taking tickets. If he pressed the issue, I would happily discuss it with their manager, but they wouldn't be searching anything of mine.

Guest 6.8 AR

I will probably go to a theater one more time in my life. Atlas Shrugged at the Regal in November, I think.

Otherwise, I haven't been to a theater in close to twenty years. Someone else might suggest the TSA get

involved. They have a great track record of securing us.

Most security is mere eyewash.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

-Helen Keller

I admit that I still like to catch a flick on the big screen from time to time. Still, sitting in the dark with a bunch of strangers isn't my favorite thing to do. Every once in a while there will be a movie I want to see first run, indoors. For the most part, though, I prefer drive-ins and hope the ones still operating in our area stay open. Failing that, I prefer the cheap, second run theater (used to be the dollar theater but no longer costs just $1.) Less crowded and I don't think any self respecting nutjob/terrorist would want to be known for shooting up the discount theater showing a movie that came out three months ago.

Apparently we are about the same age. I remember those days! I also remember getting into the theatre on Saturday for "Saturday Matinee" free with 6 RC bottle caps...them were the days!

Dave

Guest ArmaDeFuego

Nobody checked me on friday night. Guy right in front of me in line was OC'ing a glock 19/23/32. Noone batted an eye as he walked past three employees and atleast one was a manager. Its worth noting that its a regal cinema theatre and they have a gunbuster at the front door.

So he OC'd past a gunbuster sign? You sure he wasnt LE or something?