Gun Control

Its not all gloom & doom.

The democrat gov of Colorado said gun control was worthless and would not have stopped this guy. ICE-T had some good comments. Tons of others taking a pro-gun stance about it. That is not the strange part, the strange part is that the pro gun stuff made the news, on the first pages even! And the anti-gun crowd has nothing new to add .... just the parrot ban ban ban chant.

Worst I saw was some reject in the times (of course) claiming that as a gun owner he supports gun bans because he only likes bolt action rifles anyway, so they can take up everything else so long as they do not take his. It was amazing stupidity.

Worst I saw was some reject in the times (of course) claiming that as a gun owner he supports gun bans because he only likes bolt action rifles anyway, so they can take up everything else so long as they do not take his. It was amazing stupidity.

Was he a politician?

Ice-T Defends Gun Rights: "The Last Form Of Defense Against Tyranny"

http://www.realclear...st_tyranny.html

I don't know that I want Ice-T defending my 2A rights. Yes when I was a little skater punk teenager I listened to Body Count and I thought the song Cop Killer was cool, but the stupid media will dig that up and make all gun owners look like the image he used to display. Of course he only did it for the money but the media only spins stuff to suit their filthy tree huggin hippie agenda.

What kind of gun owner says "you can have them as long as you don't take my bolt guns?" Maybe it's just me, but being a gun owner I don't care what others have and I would hate to see other's guns be taken because they weren't what I liked. If that even makes sense.

Here, I found it again for those that asked.

http://ideas.time.co...mment-595328384

The author:

Jon Meacham is the author of the Pulitzer Prize–winning American Lion and an executive editor at Random House

Read more: http://ideas.time.co.../#ixzz21ZAvdVl9

If you read his general comments he is clearly a lefty (how else, at time) but this is over the top even for a lefty.

Edited by Jonnin

What kind of gun owner says "you can have them as long as you don't take my bolt guns?" Maybe it's just me, but being a gun owner I don't care what others have and I would hate to see other's guns be taken because they weren't what I liked. If that even makes sense.

Actually, that kind of thinking is not all that unusual among the gun owners. It's been my observation that there are many gun owners who have them as family mementos/history, or as investments or only because they hunt or go skeet shooting. In other words, for them firearms are mostly about entertainment and have nothing to do with protection or liberty or any of the other reasons for own a firearm - in that regard, they are just as clueless as any of the other sheep who think that in a polite society the police will always be there to protect you and that evil only happens to "someone else:.

Plus a lot of people are just plain selfish and as long as their little corner of the world is not affected they don't really care what happens to anyone else.

Edited by RobertNashville

I know a lot of gun owners who are adamantly opposed to anything even close to military in purpose. I have met many that say if it's not a hunting shotgun or rifle, we shouldn't be allowed to own it. AND that no rifle need hold more than three or four shells. Shotguns maybe 5 or 6. These people, in my eyes, are worse than the outright gun haters. WHO ARE YOU to tell me what kind of gun I can own??? Furthermore, a well trained and motivated psychopath can lay waste to a group of people with grandpa's 12g double barrel and an antique pump .22. Remember the DC sniper? A well practiced hand could have done the same with a Trapdoor Springfield.

• Like 1

^^^^

exactly. Anyone ever seen a pro reload a 5 shot shotgun? A mad minute with an enfield or whatever it is? A master with a 1800s replica henry? A pro cowboy shooter? Some of the videos of the best shooters make a novice with an AR-15 look like a stooge.

Now, if this guy had one of those bump-fire stocks and had cleared his jammed up AR properly, we could talk real damage. He maybe accomplished 10% of what he could have done with the right tools and training. It will happen. Someday, someone who knows something is going to snap. It will not be pretty. This guy? He failed, really. Hard to say that to the victims, but there were 12 dead out of a full (???) theater (??). That is really low. Confirmed, the theater was sold out according to a couple of sources.

Edited by Jonnin

^^^^

exactly. Anyone ever seen a pro reload a 5 shot shotgun? A mad minute with an enfield or whatever it is? A master with a 1800s replica henry? A pro cowboy shooter? Some of the videos of the best shooters make a novice with an AR-15 look like a stooge.

Now, if this guy had one of those bump-fire stocks and had cleared his jammed up AR properly, we could talk real damage. He maybe accomplished 10% of what he could have done with the right tools and training. It will happen. Someday, someone who knows something is going to snap. It will not be pretty. This guy? He failed, really. Hard to say that to the victims, but there were 12 dead out of a full (???) theater (??). That is really low. Confirmed, the theater was sold out according to a couple of sources.

Headline news:

Jerry Miculeck goes on shooting rampage with a stripped down S&W 357. Everyone on the western seaboard dead.