Shooting at Denver theater during new Batman movie.

I heard a expert on the radio explaining why no civilian should own a AR rifle. He ask "why do you need it"? He goes on " you can't hunt with it because any thing that you hit is gone....there is nothing left". I'm starting to see why you guys take exception with anti gun people.

Welcome to the party Links.... if you really want to "feel our pain" try reading the comments on this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/21/us/shooting-at-colorado-theater-showing-batman-movie.html

I dare anyone to make it through the first full page of the "Reader's Picks" comments without your head exploding.

This one required a full roll of duct-tape to keep my head intact:

"The 2nd Amendment needs to be changed so that everyone knows without question or confusion that the amendment was intended to protect a state's right to have a militia. It does not mean that every person has a right to stock pile weapons and to use them at will to commit murder and mayhem."

Couple of questions for this... person ... number one, your feelings on my suggestion that we change the first amendment so that sheeple like you can't spread their cooties? And, number two: What if you get your proposed change and my State decides that we are all members of your precious Militia? (And who has been running around arguing that the 2A means that you can "use them at will to commit murder and mayhem?" We seriously need to reign that person in.)

If someone had tried to interfere, I believe the media would prefer to hear that it be some gangbanger with an illegally owned Jimenez .25 acp shot back (missing with all 6 rounds of course) than for an HCP-holder to have fired one/two well-placed shots, stopping the bad guy.

Of course they would. In the days ahead, the MSM is going to be dancing in the blood of the victims as they always do. It's going to be all I can do to keep from throwing a brick through my TV, so I think I'll just leave it off.

Edited by DaddyO

I had a relative tell my wife yesterday that he has no problem with the 2nd ammendment as long as the weapons used are the same when it was signed. He said they were good enough back when they signed it. He is one of those "poor me" types that has been in trouble with the law.

He, as well as his mother, are both liberal hippy nutjobs. My wife is probably not going to be too happy about what I have to say. I have my idiot nutjob family and she has hers. At least we have eachother.

We are going to see a lot of knee jerk reactions because of what has happened. And generally when something is a knee jerk reaction it is WAY overboard. That is what scares me, laws are going to be passed that not only take away our freedoms but also criminalize a lot of them. If you have never talked to your representatives now is the time to let them know you will not support anything that restricts our freedoms.

Dolomite

He, as well as his mother, are both liberal hippy nutjobs. My wife is probably not going to be too happy about what I have to say. I have my idiot nutjob family and she has hers. At least we have eachother.

Dolomite

I thought I was the only one that had nutjob in-laws. Feels good to know I'm not alone.

• Administrator

I cannot get this event off my mind. It is bothering me a lot more than previous events and I don't know why. I have anger that I don't know where to direct and I feel horrible for those involved.

One of the members on Glocktalk is a cop in Denver. He said the scene was absolutely horrible and chaotic and he experienced Texas post hurricane Katrina.

Your feeling of disgust and anger only gets worse as you get older. I was a bit more carefree in my younger years but I seem to get more upset every passing day with what I see, read or hear about.

Dolomite

Careful, guys... reaction based on emotive behavior leads to the dark side. Liberals think emotionally.

The older I've gotten, the less I am swayed by these acts of random violence. Maybe it's the desensitization that comes from having walked through the valley of the shadow of death several times myself, but within our lifetimes we've all seen the depths of what evil men can do. 9/11 was a far greater tragedy in terms of number of people massacred, you know?

Stay calm, stay vigilant. Don't let the bastards wear you down.

I was watching television and it appears the new evil word is "stockpiling". Several reporters were talking about how there are no laws or databases to find out who is stockpiling weapons and ammunition.

Dolomite

Not me. I have ten .223's. Enough to fill one magazine :)

Guest bkelm18

was there no one around there armed ?

It's easy to sit here and wonder these questions. However with as hectic as that situation was with body armor and tear gas, only the people there would really be able to say if a lawful gun carrier would have made a difference.

I am actually a little perturbed by how unaffected I feel about the incident itself, perhaps it's shock but I feel more like I'm desensitized as David noted. I feel the majority of my feelings stem more from anticipating what may lie upon the horizon both in societal view influenced by propaganda and dogma as well as what could occur to adversely affect Me legislatively, albeit in a knee jerk reaction or in a moment capitalized upon by those whom guns give nightmares.

Many people I have found discussing it in real life and on facebook and thus far I've refrained from commenting any in either of those venues. I am thankful that TGO provides some keystone of rational reason when, to be us, now is looked at more askance than a mere 6 months ago. Though we had no involvement (who the hell came up with the TN plates bit?). There is lots of uproar & outcry from the usual suspects including Bloomberg within 12 hours calling for sweeping bans and anal probes or whatever else that dribble was he uttered in his nonsensical cute way.

Assault-rifle bans!

High capacity clip(*flinch*,*sigh*) ban!

Ratify UN treaty ('whispered').

I don't plan to engage too much of any discourse with anti-gunners about this but in a moment of panic (I feel a pressing need to buy more ammo and additional arms) I was struck by something said on the radio from a caller last night... though he vastly underestimated the figures involved...so to more accurately say it..

"As of 2009, the United States has a population of 307 million people. Based on production data from firearm manufacturers, there are roughly 300 million firearms owned by civilians in the United States as of 2010. Of these, about 100 million are handguns."

Estimates vary about the gun/person (45-90%) ratio but it's not trackable when you take into account theft, illegal trade, legal trade, everything else undocumented, etc,etc,etc...

Then I considered how much difficulty the government had in trying to perform a census in 2010 with compliance from most individuals and a lot of voluntary mail-in forms to count those 310+ million people. There is no feasible way our Highly Efficient Gov't could 'round-up' assault rifles. Surely someone would have to see the logistical impossibility of this given even 80%(hah?) cooperation of sorting through 200million long arms. I truly feel that no ban would ever pass, nor if it did, could anyone make more than cursory attempt at implementing it. But I still feel compelled to by more ammo go figure.

So anyways if you find yourself stuck in an elevator with some granola munching, dirty hippy that keeps rubbin on the laminate wood paneling to try to figure out how to hug it and they insist on bringing up how those assault guns should be banned then I'm sorry.

If you reach a point in a discussion with someone else in which you believe they would be willing to listen to some Reasonable Facts...

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

contains a lot of data directly from FBI and Dept of Justice reports. There are links in the extensive footnotes to the reports themselves.

They can't come get em but they can make it hard as hell to get anymore of em. Pay attention people, do what ya can.

Guest ThePunisher

I was watching television and it appears the new evil word is "stockpiling". Several reporters were talking about how there are no laws or databases to find out who is stockpiling weapons and ammunition.

Dolomite

These libtards have been reading the last 4 years that the gun industry is booming, and that gun sales have broken records every Black Friday and Christmas. They don't understand the reason everyone has been buying these guns and ammo; they can't envision the reason is fear of their commie messiah declaring himself dictator.The right to bear arms deters government tyranny, and they understand that; that is why they want to outlaw guns.

Guest bkelm18

Just as a matter of who I am, the incident doesn't affect me much. It was a tragedy, but it's just how life goes. Freedom ain't cheap, and unfortunately things like this are always going to be the price of the freedoms we fight for. You can't stop people from killing each other. What I'm more concerned with are knee jerk reactions by politicians.

I've been duking it out with the libtards on Facebook. A lot of them are smart folks, and are just guzzling the koolaid because they are too lazy to think. I flat out told one yesterday, the more gun grabbing you try to do, the more Republicans you're going to have to put up with in congress.

The right to bear arms deters government tyranny, and they understand that; that is why they want to outlaw guns.

I don't think they do. Guns are scary (to them), and they're falling in with the pack. It's just like the health care thing. They're so blinded by the wonderful "features" that they don't see all the flaws in how it was done. Gullible folks.

Do they think changing gun laws will stop the would be criminals?

Of course they don't and they don't care about that. All they care about is creating the illusion that they are doing something to keep us "safe" so they can be re-elected.

Edited by DaddyO

This is terrible. I have seen a lot of messed up people and have been to a lot of crime scenes, but these types of people still surprise me. This may sound cold, but don’t they have anyone that messed them over? Why don’t they go after the people that they perceive as causing their problems instead of a bunch of innocent people? I know the answer… because they are mentally deranged… it’s just crazy. I think these crazy people are going after the “record†for body counts.

Someday even the liberals will understand that the only thing that can stop an active shooter; is another active shooter.

• Like 1

This is terrible. I have seen a lot of messed up people and have been to a lot of crime scenes, but these types of people still surprise me. This may sound cold, but don’t they have anyone that messed them over? Why don’t they go after the people that they perceive as causing their problems instead of a bunch of innocent people? I know the answer… because they are mentally deranged… it’s just crazy. I think these crazy people are going after the “record†for body counts.

Someday even the liberals will understand that the only thing that can stop an active shooter; is another active shooter.

That guy had his weapons in his hands when they caught him in the parking lot. They should have put a couple hundred green tips in his ass. He planned to survive, get arrested, and have his name in lights. Leave it to our society to play into his hands, just as we do with all terrorists.

• Like 1