M9 verses G35 ?

tercel89

I have Beretta Commemorative 25 yrs " The Second Decade 1985-2005" M9 .It has the gold lettering and wooden grips and all . It has hardly ever been shot . In great shape. I have another Beretta M9 stock but a real M9 , not an FS , but a real M9 . Both are the real deal M9's .

I am pondering selling it for a Glock 35 . I just cant figure what to do ? I love the ease and simple construction of the Glock. It rocks . I have a Glock 34 and it is like a well oiled sewing machine . That is why I want the Glock 35 . But the Beretta M9 is so neat and and the parts are so plentiful. So are the Glocks . SO what would you do ? Sell the Beretta or keep it and save up ? While I like the Beretta , I h\ave learned to completely detail strip the GLock all the way down and I have never did this with a Beretta . The simplicity of the Glock has spoiled me . Making me want to trade my Beretta .

What do you guys think ?

Kinda like the 70's song " torn between two lovers , feeling like a fool " .

Just my policy, but I never buy firearms to look at. I buy firearms that are quality shooters. If it were me, I'd say adios to any anniversary show pieces and go with a pistol to go have fun/train with at the range.

• Like 1

What exactly is the difference between the M9 and the FS? I have never attempted to look it up, and sorry to derail the topic.

Not much. From Beretta:

"The commercial M9 pistol is the closest replica to the military M9 that a civilian may legally

own.

What sets it apart from the 92FS is:

M9-commercial-dt.jpg

A. Distinctive military style markings: on various components

closely replicate those of the U. S. Armed Forces

M9 pistols.

B. Unique M9-prefixed serial number: (M9-xxxxxx) sets

this configuration apart from the other 92 series pistols.

C. “Dot-and-Post†sight system: clones that of the M9."

- OS

So far I am kinda like you guys , I may just sell the M9 and get the G35 . I love the M9 but when it comes to breaking it down there is so many parts as compared to the Glock .

I always liked the Berettas due to lots of holsters, magazines, and easy to locate parts. The Glock has all of those and it's a Glock. I honestly have a lot of love for the Berettas but the Glock is a little more technologically advanced and simpler. I don't miss my 92's but I owe my life to a M-9.

One downfall of the M-9 is I always faught to keep the barrel from rusting.

You make it sound like I am some sort of Glockophile. I have other centerfirel pistols besides Glocks, 4 to be exact:

NonGlockCenterfirePistols.jpg

On the lower left it that a single action S&W ? Or a Star ? Looks to me like a single action Star . I cant read the writngs on the slide .

Edited by tercel89

Graycrait.... Ya know that db is just a baby glock :P (I have one too)

I'm with everyone else sell the anniversary and get the glock.

sLiK, Yeah, the only reason I got the DB9 is because it was so Glock-like in a tiny package. That recoil ain't tiny though.

Tercel89, if you sell your 92 and think you just can't live without an all metal gun you could talk me out of my Star BM single action. Pictured is a factory chrome Star BM that had some exterior issues that gunrunner32 fixed for me with a Cerakote job. Due to the interior chrome that gun is slick as a whistle. Reliable too. All the small parts still have their original chrome. You gotta love those faux pearl grips.

Guest Wildogre

I would stick with the Beretta.

But then I have been shooting one for years they feel natural in my hand. Nothing against Glocks I have not shot one and do not own one nor do I want one.

Get or stay with what fits the need you most have.