Worst or overpriced gun dealer

I want to know what you tell the wife. Then I want you to give lessons to all the rest of my customers. You wouldnt believe how many guns I could sell because every swinging dick through that door won't buy a gun because the wife will kill him if he comes home with one more.

Thats easy...I don't tell her :eek: Buying guns is mans work...she needs to worry about keeping the house clean....

man I really hope she doesn't see this thread:shhh::blink:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one shop which I have ever bought from which I will never return to. It's in Tullahoma... it's the only one in Tullahoma, so it's not hard to figure out.

do you mind explaining this a bit? i was planning on taking my HCP class there...

I just can't stand going to a business and being treated as if the time they spend with me is a nuisance... I despise the attitude that non-LEOs are of lower priority as customers, and that the decision to buy a product which a police officer wouldn't use is lame... I can't stand being talked down to for my choice of firearm, ammunition, holster, etc (aside from in a joking manner, or a helpful one)... I can't stand being blatantly overcharged for a product and service. Most of all I despise businesses which I patronize as a way of supporting the local economy, and am treated as if I owe it to them.

Nothing against them personally, but they showed me quickly that they were content with the business they received from their LEO/Security cronies, and I was just an annoyance to be 'buzzed in' through their super-duper security locked front door at their leisure, and maybe addressed if there wasn't one of their buddies in the store, or if one walked in, I would be summarily ignored. My only purchase there, they made sure to charge me $100 to install a 5' length of webbing and a side-sling mount for my AR (should have only been about $25 in parts, and 5 min to install, after later doing my research). I gritted my teeth and politely paid it, reminding myself that I hadn't asked for a quote beforehand, and this would be my stupid-tax to never forget why I would do business elsewhere from then on.

Maybe they've improved since I was last there (almost 2 years)... but I'll never find out.

Edited by molonlabetn

Don't remember the name and it probably won't matter since he was selling off all his stock but this guy told me he would make me a deal on a G27 and give it to me at his cost just to get rid of them. His deal was 525 or 535. The guy at the table right next to him was selling it for 4??. I can't recall the exact price but I just laughed at him and walked away.

Originally Posted by Grout viewpost.gif

Down in Chattanooga it's the Ammo Dump.Old Hal was selling Makarovs for $300 about 5 years ago.

Yeah Hal is a good guy, but his prices are, well....optimistic. Will leave it at that.

Even worse is across the river in Hixson. The Sportsman's supply is selling a Bersa Thunder .380 for $369.99. Got one just like it for $190 at a gun show.

The Ammo Dump reminds my of a barber shop with a bunch of old guys hanging out talking,but doing nothing useful.

I bought my KelTec from the Ammo Dump simply because I had been looking for one for a while unsuccessfully,and he was the only place with them.However thats because of his prices,lol.

I ended up paying around 30 more than I would have at Carters.

I took my HCP at Sportsmans supply and hes a super nice guy to deal with,but man hes proud of his guns :D I have been there a handful of times and talked to him for a long time each visit,but I have never seen him sell anything.

His range prices are even pretty high.

So Yeah,I guess Carters has a pretty easy job at keeping the customers :D

Edited by strickj
Guest Grout

Darr's was the last good gun shop in Chatanooga.Denny Brown's Commander Equipment and David "Mad Max" Manning's Guns Galore were the best however.Gunrunners back in the early 80's was a pretty good store as well.

Guest Centennial
Darr's was the last good gun shop in Chatanooga.Denny Brown's Commander Equipment and David "Mad Max" Manning's Guns Galore were the best however.Gunrunners back in the early 80's was a pretty good store as well.

Darr's was a great gun shop. I bought a lot of stuff from Ed and was always treated fairly. The other shops you mention were good shops too.

Chattanooga really needs another good shop....:biglol:

Guest grimel
There's a dealer near Kingston, Frontier Firearms. I met a man that works there, he was carrying a new EMP1911 from Sprigfield. When I talked to him about the pistol he told me that he got it at Gander, Frontier wouldn't give him as good a deal.

DON'T FORGET, HE WORKS FOR FRONTIER.

Coming back from Crossville I stopped at Frontier. He wants $360 for a Saiga 223/7.62x39. Austin's in Oak Ridge is just a weeee bit cheaper as in less after taxes and tics than Frontier's sticker.

Guest grimel
You wouldnt believe how many guns I could sell because every swinging dick through that door won't buy a gun because the wife will kill him if he comes home with one more.

Start selling gym bags and golf bags. Have them bring their golf bag leaving a club or three at home. Put a rifle in the bag and move it to the safe. Put a handgun in the gym bag move it to the safe.

What new gun? That's been in the safe. Just taking it out to clean the dust off. You do keep dust for your customers right?

Darr's was a great gun shop. I bought a lot of stuff from Ed and was always treated fairly. The other shops you mention were good shops too.

Chattanooga really needs another good shop....:eek:

Yes...I miss Darr's Shop. In December I picked up 2000 - 300 grain lead .430 Bull-x Bullets. Will never see that deal again!