I got a speeding ticket

Yep. First ticket of any kind in 7 years.

47 in a 35.

There was no tazing involved, no draw down, no violation of my rights, no canines murdered, and no cowering to authority.

The officer was very professional and courteous.

I almost feel cheated.

The court date is July 18th.

Is it worth showing up to court or just make a donation and forget about it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there an option to take an online safety class to avoid it being turned in to your insurance?

If so, pay it, take the class, move on.

I have no clue. It was in LaVergne. Do they normally allow that as an option?

• Administrator

The bottom line is that the judge will very likely say that you were caught doing 12 miles over, on radar or clocked by a patrol car, and that you were guilty. Therefore you now have to not only pay the ticket but court costs.

I'd pay the ticket, consider it a donation and move on. But if they offer the class, take the class to avoid having the penalty show up on your insurance.

I almost feel cheated.

quote]

The best way to make sure that won't happen again is right when the "Pig" walks up to your window you say..."Wait a minute officer, **sniff** **sniff** Is it just me or do you smell bacon too?":whistle:

:confused:

Bad attempt at humor. It is in very bad taste.

Guest Angel 24/7

In Marshall county if you go to court you usually have to pay court cost about 120.00 and they dimiss it from your record. I always go to court because I don't want it to come up on my insurance. I already pay enough!

Thankfully it's been a long time, but the last ticket I got the Trooper was VERY curtious....almost made me feel bad for putting him out...lol

I would check, if you can take a class, take it. If not pay it and move on.

Cmon' man :confused:

You know what we call a pic with no sense of humor? I don't know but it definitely isn't a Ham.

Calling a cop a pig is the same as calling someone a *igger. Even in a joke, IMHO.

Calling a cop a pig is the same as calling someone a *igger. Even in a joke, IMHO.

Whoa!!! You are stepping out of bounds here buddy.

If that is the way you feel, than you have no business being a LEO. Too much emotion behind a badge.

Besides my Step brother thought it was funny. (he is the cheif of police in Belle Plaine, KS.) But he has a sense of humor, and doesn't see himself as a "Super Citizen" with a black suit and shiny badge.

Edited by memphismason