Fall of the U.S. Dollar $$, Rise of Silver!!

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

'We're Gonna See the Price of SILVER With a Zero Behind It' ...$250, $350, $450

Realize Your Paper is Going to ZERO. Soon.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably correct. But 'soon' is a pretty vague term. And the dollar has a LOT of pressure keeping it up. Mostly because as bad as it is, it's still better than almost any other currency. And you should have a diversified portfolio. I favor silver, steel, lead, brass, food, and other commodities.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

And you should have a diversified portfolio. I favor silver, steel, lead, brass, food, and other commodities.

I agree

The people selling this stuff is beefing it up as much as possible because they make money on it. There's a rush to this stuff because gold has skyrocketed and few can afford it. Now there is some gameplay going on making people think silver is going to do the same exact thing.

Check out the charts Silver is valued around 50% of what it was a year ago because of all the talk about how china had bought up all of the mineral rights and that most of the silver in the world had already been mined etc... it's all bullhonkey and if people rush to this it will build up again and fall just like it did previously. The only thing worse than this is the people who think buying silver coins is a good investment.. When it comes down to it, that coin is only worth the volume it contains unless you can find some sucker to pay more for it.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

The people selling this stuff is beefing it up as much as possible because they make money on it. There's a rush to this stuff because gold has skyrocketed and few can afford it. Now there is some gameplay going on making people think silver is going to do the same exact thing.

Check out the charts Silver is valued around 50% of what it was a year ago because of all the talk about how china had bought up all of the mineral rights and that most of the silver in the world had already been mined etc... it's all bullhonkey and if people rush to this it will build up again and fall just like it did previously. The only thing worse than this is the people who think buying silver coins is a good investment.. When it comes down to it, that coin is only worth the volume it contains unless you can find some sucker to pay more for it.

If you haven't been paying close attention to what was being said, the price of all Commodities have been manipulated for years now. Especially when it comes to Gold and Silver, the price has been suppressed because of all the shorting going on by JP Morgan Chase & others. Not to mention they have been throwing in a whole years worth of production on a whim, any given day. The paper price of Silver is way, way to low. So take advantage of the discounted price now.

Silver is likely underpriced right now and there are good reasons to think that the price will rise in the future and a search of the major investment houses who offer advice (but don't sell gold/silver) supports that. I buy a little here and there just to have some on hand but I'm not going to put all my money in it nor would I take investment advice from any apocryphal website; especially if they have a vested financial interest in what they are promoting. :)

If our dollar does become worthless, and I don't discount that possibility, silver might be a good thing to have but I'd say the necessities of life as well as good life skills are going to be far more valuable and will become commodities that can be traded.

One of silvers best attributes it's is that is it used in electronics, medical devices and other things. As long as consumption and technology continue at a decent clip it should at least maintain value. Though we all know nothing is certain.

The currency has definitely been debased severely over our collective lifetime. I'd be surprised though if the government allowed it to be owned in the event that the dollar fell from grace. Surely the bankers have a contingency plan in place or could come up with a creature from Jeckyll Island 2.0 in short order, then have it all confiscated by the .gov.

Saving is not what the government wants or promotes. It wants everyone to gamble cause the house always wins in the end.

Edited by sigmtnman

One of silvers best attributes it's is that is it used in electronics, medical devices and other things. As long as consumption and technology continue at a decent clip it should at least maintain value. Though we all know nothing is certain.

The currency has definitely been debased severely over our collective lifetime. I'd be surprised though if the government allowed it to be owned in the event that the dollar fell from grace. Surely the bankers have a contingency plan in place or could come up with a creature from Jeckyll Island 2.0 in short order, then have it all confiscated by the .gov.

Saving is not what the government wants or promotes. It wants everyone to gamble cause the house always ends in the end.

It's difficult for the government to confiscate what they don't know you have; especially if they don't know you have it or where it is. :)

Of course, according to the current administration/Homeland Security I am a closet domestic terrorist (former military, white, male, conservative, tea party member, christian gun owner) so they may just come and kidnap me off the street and torture me until I tell them where all my stuff is. :)

One more thing about silver...regardless of the future price; I have to say that there is something very satisfying about holding a beautifully minted U.S. Silver Eagle $1 (one oz of fine silver) coin in your hand.

It's a feeling you just can't get from paper money or any of the mostly worthless coins today (quarters, dimes, etc.)...that feeling alone might be worth buying a few of them. :)

One more thing about silver...regardless of the future price; I have to say that there is something very satisfying about holding a beautifully minted U.S. Silver Eagle $1 (one oz of fine silver) coin in your hand.

It's a feeling you just can't get from paper money or any of the mostly worthless coins today (quarters, dimes, etc.)...that feeling alone might be worth buying a few of them. :)

Totally agree. The sound is sweet too. throw one on the table or put a couple in your pocket. It has a distinct sound.

You know why movies and books and what not have to use silver? They only shoot once or twice. If you put a couple dozen in the thing, it'll go down. Even if it don't die and heals quickly the damage from a couple dozen 73g Amax's from my AR will leave it with perforated lungs, torn ligaments and separated muscle tissue.

The second fail is when it hits the ground, people always run away. Why? Hack it up into pieces by god! Let's see a werewolf heal up after I throw it's arms out in a field in hickman county for the coyotes and toss it's head off a bridge in cheatham county.

You know why movies and books and what not have to use silver? They only shoot once or twice. If you put a couple dozen in the thing, it'll go down. Even if it don't die and heals quickly the damage from a couple dozen 73g Amax's from my AR will leave it with perforated lungs, torn ligaments and separated muscle tissue.

The second fail is when it hits the ground, people always run away. Why? Hack it up into pieces by god! Let's see a werewolf heal up after I throw it's arms out in a field in hickman county for the coyotes and toss it's head off a bridge in cheatham county.

I'm just thankful that it only takes one good head shot to put down a zombie. ;)

If you haven't been paying close attention to what was being said, the price of all Commodities have been manipulated for years now. Especially when it comes to Gold and Silver, the price has been suppressed because of all the shorting going on by JP Morgan Chase & others. Not to mention they have been throwing in a whole years worth of production on a whim, any given day. The paper price of Silver is way, way to low. So take advantage of the discounted price now.

I don't pay attention to any of them as they are doing nothing but guessing. Our rule for the past few years is buy some bars monthly as long as the total cost is under $35, we never consider coinage and especially never even remotely consider any non-physical silver. Only buy locally. Investing in silver to profit from is as dumb as getting into currency trading.

Edited by Sam1

The main reason folks consider coins, not numismatic mind you, is that it is actual currency and presumed to not be able to be confiscated by the .gov.

That's a myth that companies use to sell the higher priced coins over bullion. Here's a good read on that specific issue: http://www.cmi-gold-silver.com/gold-confiscation-1933.html

I'm all for people having a stockpile of whatever they prefer, but I really do hate to see good people fall into the marketing trap. Have been messing with this stuff for a while now and about every time something major changes in the global market, the companies use a person's fear to profit from just as any other market would.

Thanks for the link. That's interesting. I had no idea that coin sellers were scaring folks into buying coins that way. I reckon I was just passing on hearsay that I've heard. I've never been concerned about confiscation, so that's never played into my decision. The maples and eagles I've had didn't come with a premium, so i got them over ingots as they look nicer and are more fun to toss around.

Guest Lester Weevils

I like silver eagles. Some of the 10 oz bars are made real pretty. Guess 100 oz bricks are most compact but not something you would use if you needed to barter for a loaf of bread.

The "most fun" assortment I got was a low premium 100 oz grab bag of assorted old .999 silver. Oddball stuff. 2.5 oz coins, commemorative bars of various weight, age, and "elegance". A few "giant coins" 5, 10 and 20 ounce things. Two 5 oz silver bars that are poured fairly thin, maybe 1/8", the same rectangular size as U.S. currency, with an excellent shiny casting imprint of a dollar bill on each side. A literal "silver dollar bill". Those "silver dollar bills" are a little too thin and a fella could accidentally bend em, but neat novelties. It would be better to make "silver dollar bills" at about 20 oz or better I think. Wonder if a silver cast copy of U.S. paper currency breaks some kind of counterfeiting law?

Been tempted to get other grab bags because they are so interesting. Maybe the novelty silver would be harder to sell than a plain-jane bar from a major mint. Never sold any so far and dunno. I weigh everything, and sample-check specific gravity on oddball stuff. As best I can tell they are .999 as advertised and the proper weight as best can tell, but might be more difficult to sell. Dunno. Tis doubtful the novelty silver would have any collector value in monetary terms, but dunno.

I like the "giant coins" and wouldn't mind having some of the kilogram coins. They are pretty, but usually when I see em online there is more premium than a plain-jane bar. Not outrageous premium, but the novelty of the giant coin isn't worth it to me to pay extra. But would preferentially buy em at the same markup as a bar.

I like silver eagles. Some of the 10 oz bars are made real pretty. Guess 100 oz bricks are most compact but not something you would use if you needed to barter for a loaf of bread.

The "most fun" assortment I got was a low premium 100 oz grab bag of assorted old .999 silver. Oddball stuff. 2.5 oz coins, commemorative bars of various weight, age, and "elegance". A few "giant coins" 5, 10 and 20 ounce things. Two 5 oz silver bars that are poured fairly thin, maybe 1/8", the same rectangular size as U.S. currency, with an excellent shiny casting imprint of a dollar bill on each side. A literal "silver dollar bill". Those "silver dollar bills" are a little too thin and a fella could accidentally bend em, but neat novelties. It would be better to make "silver dollar bills" at about 20 oz or better I think. Wonder if a silver cast copy of U.S. paper currency breaks some kind of counterfeiting law?

Been tempted to get other grab bags because they are so interesting. Maybe the novelty silver would be harder to sell than a plain-jane bar from a major mint. Never sold any so far and dunno. I weigh everything, and sample-check specific gravity on oddball stuff. As best I can tell they are .999 as advertised and the proper weight as best can tell, but might be more difficult to sell. Dunno. Tis doubtful the novelty silver would have any collector value in monetary terms, but dunno.

I like the "giant coins" and wouldn't mind having some of the kilogram coins. They are pretty, but usually when I see em online there is more premium than a plain-jane bar. Not outrageous premium, but the novelty of the giant coin isn't worth it to me to pay extra. But would preferentially buy em at the same markup as a bar.

Those dollars sound pretty neat. Always thought the 1k libertad looked cool.

Do you buy those bags locally or on the web? If it's a public business can you shoot me over a link in a pm so I can check the price?

Guest Lester Weevils

Do you buy those bags locally or on the web? If it's a public business can you shoot me over a link in a pm so I can check the price?

Hi Sam1. I don't think it is breaking a rule just to give the URL in a message but if so, I will gladly edit out the URL on instruction from a moderator. I've bought most metals from this place since 2005 but have used a couple of other places as well. Every time I sent goldmastersusa money, they always sent me metals back. Haven't bought any for the last year or two since prices went crazy. The idea of buy low sell high makes more sense than buy high hoping it will go even higher. :) But if prices dip a little more been tempted to buy. Last silver was in the $18 per ounce range and that seemed like hiway robbery. Apparently some people get real excited and want to buy when a commodity or stock price explodes, but I'm real cautious and that rings alarm bells for me. Slow price creep with routine setbacks makes me more confident. The gradually rising ratchet price chart.

http://www.goldmastersusa.com/

I don't always see the "random assorted silver" item listed. They apparently buy a lot as well as sell, and am guessing that whenever they accumulate enough random oddball stuff they post the item in their listings.

On the "low premium silver" sub-page, I believe it is the item titled "Pure Silver - .999 pure silver Bars, Rounds, Coins etc - 100 Ounces". I only bought one grab-bag a couple of years ago, so no telling what the "average contents" are. They never ripped me yet. Well, one time by accident-- Had bought a hundred dollars face 90 percent silver old USA half-dollars, and received 199 90 percent silver half-dollars but also in the bag was one lonely 40 percent silver half-dollar. Am pretty certain that was a human error and not intentional.

Edited by Lester Weevils