How to move my guns?

Guest RottenCore

Guest RottenCore

I have been in touch with my ex-fiance and she wants me to come live with her(it was a mutual break up, long story but we still love each other). Well I live in Tennessee and she lives in Alabama, well the only way for me to get to her is by bus. I currently own 2 handguns and of course I want to bring them with me, yet I have not figured out how to get them there. I am affraid to ship them. I want my guns down there, but I dont know how to get them there. what should I do? Amtrak, or renting a car will cost way too much. I thought about taking a bus, but I can't bring them on. Any ideas? I have a post on Craigslist rideshare.

You can rent a car for not much more than a bus ticket anymore. You can easily get to Alabama in a day and could probably do it for under $100 including the gas and rental. Even when you add in all the other fees it will be under $70 and I seriously doubt you are going to use $50 in gas.

http://www.carrentals.com/search/memphis,tn,us/2012-07-13-12-00/birmingham,al,us/2012-07-14-12-00

It is also prefectly legal for you to ship your guns to yourself but it can be pricey.

Dolomite

I did not know you could not put your firearm in your bag and just bring it with you on a bus.

But then there is a LOT I dont know.

I think it depends on the bus line / etc. Kind of like posted buildings, some travel arrangements are no guns allowed, others require you to do things (locked in a metal box stored in a special place for some trains, for example). Other things, like small van lines or taxis, you can have it on you (loaded with HCP). Just got to see what the rules are for the arrangements.... no laws that I know of say anything specific to busses.

I think it depends on the bus line / etc. ...

There's another choice 'cept for Greyhound?

You've got an HCP. Pack one on yer person, throw the other in a backpack and thumb on down there. Ain't nothing cheaper than that.

- OS

• Like 2
Guest RottenCore

No she cant come and get me, Grayhound is the only bus I have found the goes near there. She lives near the Gulf! grayhound doesn't allow guns on their buses

Edited by RottenCore