Deuce of MPDC 9mm Glocks

I traded my Ruger LCR for the nice two-pin 2d Gen G19 Meptropolitan Police District of Columbia (MPDC). This will pair well with my pimple-lishess 1st Gen G17 MPDC that is currently residing on one of my 3rd Gen G17 frames with stainless and chrome small parts. Can't wait to start polishing the G19's slide and barrel.

TwoMPDCGlocks.jpg

Edited by graycrait
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to start polishing the G19's slide and barrel.

Any special care you take for it after polishing? Thinking about doing that myself to see if I like it, and will just Duracoat it if I don't.

The Tennifer or Melonnite or Isonite or what ever proprietary name the companies give the 1600 degree salt bath that changes the character of the molecular structure of the steel in barrels and slides these days prevents the metal from rusting. Case in point. My shiney 1988 Gen 1 G17 MPDC has had the finish removed from the slide and barrel for several years and I take no special care of this Glock over my others and I am notorious for not taking care of my Glocks. That old G17 shiny slide has never had a spec of rust on it. Fast forward to the stainless steel Springfield Armory 9mm 1911 Loaded I purchased online. THat thing has or had a ton of non-pitting rust on it and this is not the first stainless handgun I have had to fix rust problems on. I have two other Glock owners who are having me make their Glocks shiney. Don't ask me to do it for you. I do this and a lot of other gun stuff for friends of mine because I can, but don't do it for money. I'm still working on a system that is safe, faster and cheap to make barrels and slides of Glocks shiney and if I come up with something I will let you folks know. As it is now it relies on successive grades of sand paper and several different kinds of buffer compound. This takes time and does have an overhead cost I would like to reduce. However, if you want to do it you can start out with some 600 grit and work your way up. I want to go to a mirror finish but that requires a lot more work and I think there is a point of diminishing returns in all things.

I'm still working on a system that is safe, faster and cheap to make barrels and slides of Glocks shiney and if I come up with something I will let you folks know. As it is now it relies on successive grades of sand paper and several different kinds of buffer compound. This takes time and does have an overhead cost I would like to reduce. However, if you want to do it you can start out with some 600 grit and work your way up. I want to go to a mirror finish but that requires a lot more work and I think there is a point of diminishing returns in all things.

Do you use any chemicals to strip it? I've used rust removal chemical to strip down old Beretta mags before and they came out nice and shiney, especially after a little aluminum polish. I haven't had the guts to try it out on a frame. I guess I'll test it out on a Keltec P11, since I don't care what it looks like.