Hate to Say it ... but I miss this Guy

JG55

Guest adurbin

Me too! I seriously believe that in time, (some) people will stop believing the media BS, and see him as a good president, and a good man.

Guest Victor9er

I watched a special last year for the 9/11 anniversary where they had him discussing what happened throughout the day as the events were unfolding and the decisions he had to make. I have a new found respect for that man after watching that and hearing him talk about it. I can't imagine being in that position and making those decisions.

I watched a special last year for the 9/11 anniversary where they had him discussing what happened throughout the day as the events were unfolding and the decisions he had to make. I have a new found respect for that man after watching that and hearing him talk about it. I can't imagine being in that position and making those decisions.

I agree...decisions that changed the world as we know it!

I'm not afraid to say it.. I hope history will show that he made decisions based on his commitment to his number one job priority, keeping American safe from another 9/11. He was criticized, often brutally by the left, but can you imagine if we had suffered a second attack because he did not bring all the power of the U.S. government to bear on the GWOT? Second guessing is easy. Making the calls at the time is difficult.

• Like 1
Guest Victor9er

I agree...decisions that changed the world as we know it!

He was in a school that morning (much like the picture in the OP actually) and he was literally about to give a speech when an aid came over and whispered in his ear, giving him the news about the first plane. You could see it in his face on the video, how it changed. Yet he never lost composure, walked up and gave his speech as if nothing were amiss and projected a sense of calm the entire time. They wrapped it up and he was whisked away to deal with the tragedy.

Then later having to give the order to ground all commercial air flights because they didn't know how many planes had been highjacked... and perhaps the toughest decision was to give orders to the military that they would fire on any aircraft that was still airborne after the grounding, as any remaining aircraft would be considered a highjacked plane posing a threat to the lives of others.

Decisions made in the moment during a time of crisis with thousands (or more) lives in the balance.

If the dust ever clears, I hope that history will at least admit that GWB was a big-hearted man who did the best he could in tough times and ended up coming up short with his allies (like me), while never having a chance of acceptance among his opponents. Will he ever be one of my favorite presidents? Probably not, though that will likely be influenced by the next couple guys in line, but all indications are that he was not the world-class narcissistic win at all costs (politically) a**hole that Johnson, Nixon, Clinton, and now Obama have been proven to be.

Guest bkelm18

Well I doubt he'll be viewed as a great President, maybe a good President, maybe. He certainly seemed like a good man though. Someone you could sit and have a beer with. Most of my formative years (mid-teens to adulthood) were spent while he was President and it was sad to see him go. Especially considering the travesty in office now. My entire family sure celebrated the coming of the Messiah Obama though.

Guest ThePunisher

I believe that as time passes he will be seen as one of the best presidents the US has had.

4c49aadf-558a-2d44.jpg

If the sheeple are stupid enough to vote a commie into office, then I believe the sheeple are too stupid to recognize Bush as one of the best presidents. The media still will not recognize how great Reagan was as President.

Me too! I seriously believe that in time, (some) people will stop believing the media BS, and see him as a good president, and a good man.

He is a RINO and should be hung from the yardarms like all the rest -just like Reagan, Nixon, Haslam, Harwell, etc.

Seriously, I do hope that history is kind to the man, but I doubt it will. He was an honest man, of the highest integrity, and was crucified for it. He stuck by Rumsfeld and Ashcroft when maybe he shouldn't have. But you never heard him blame Clinton for the fact that our military strength was decimated. No President has been dealt a worse circumstance since FDR, and IMHO that he made the absolute best of what he was given.

Edited by quietguy

That he was!

Heck after what we have now I would take Clinton again instead of BHO!

he was a good President IMO and 100x better than the one we have now

Ditto that..

My only real gripe in hindsight was why He let the other side mercilessly attack him personally and for the war. They called him everything but a son of God and accused him and the military of everything. The only answer I have ever heard given for not responding to these attacks was that he thought they were below the dignity of the office. Maybe so... but look what it got us... No matter what you say that non response got us a the present disaster...... So yes it's his fault .... for not fighting back ....My 2 cents...

I voted for W both times. Not the best president we've ever had, but not the worst, either. The left HATED him. Not just his policies, but they hated the man.

I have no doubt in my mind that he is a true American and loves this country.

Guest nysos

I have no doubt in my mind that he is a true American and loves this country.

I would have to say on some of the less important issues, if I were in his position I may have made a different decision - but push come to shove, when the #### hit the fan I think we would have been hard pressed to find someone that could have done a better job. And every decision he made seemed to be what he thought would be best for the country as a whole, not a select group or minority. He tried to plan for the long run and didn't care what other people thought and criticized him for it over the now.

I agree with much of the sentiment here. I view him as a man with values and integrity and a sense of dignity for the office of the Presidency. Although I often disagreed with him, we have had, currently have far worse ones. I voted for him twice over his competition and would again. His two big fails, to me, was his immigration stance, and not being proactive enough defending against his detractors. What we have now is a complete absence of integrity.

I agree with much of the sentiment here. I view him as a man with values and integrity and a sense of dignity for the office of the Presidency. Although I often disagreed with him, we have had, currently have far worse ones. I voted for him twice over his competition and would again. His two big fails, to me, was his immigration stance, and not being proactive enough defending against his detractors. What we have now is a complete absence of integrity.

So TRUE

Whether you loved President Bush or hated him, no one can accuse him of not doing what he said he was going to do. I think that's part of the reason he was so hated by the left.

AND doing what he thought was the right thing to do, even if it wasn't the the politically expedient or politically correct thing to do.