baretta 92s ???

Guest adamparker86

Guest adamparker86

I gotta guy wantin to trade me a 92s made in italy but I cant find anything online about the 92s. everything I can find is about the 92 and 92fs.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The 92S was produced several years before the FS models. The S model was produced from the mid 70's & early 80's & they were the first model to have the safety mounted on the slide instead of the frame. Do you know the production date or have the serial number? They are vertually identical except these were built before Beretta started adding the safety notch on the bottom of the slide.

Here's a link with moree info about all the Beretta models... http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Beretta_92

Edited by luvmyberetta

Older models like this are hard to price sometimes & the value can vary greatly depending on what it comes with. Remember, since these are around 30+ years old, original equip. helps a lot with value. Does it have the mag release low on the grip or next to the trigger like newer models? How many mags does it come with and are they originals? Does it have a Beretta box with it? Hows the finish?

Guest adamparker86

havent seen it yet but itd supposed to be in great shape... im tradin a glock 21 for it and just want to make sure im not trading backwards ya know..,its got two 15round mags with it.. the mag release is low on the handle I beleive

Guest Wildogre

<---- This, 92s purchased in 1980, note the mag release low on the back of the grip on the left hand side. If you get it, Mags can be a bit hard to find. Most of the after market do not have the cut in the right place all of the Beretta factory Mags still have the correct cut. I also think the Mecgear ones do too.