Can't find any night sights

Can anyone reccomend my some night sights that will fit my gun? I have the Beretta px4 Storm Compact type F. I would love to use Trijicon, but they will not fit the compact version of my gun because the slide is thinner than the other versions and leaves a hole uncovered in the slide. So far I'm not having any luck finding any. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried tritium sights over the years and have found a cheaper and easier way to outperform them.

I use high end glow in the dark powder, not the cheap stuff you find in stores. I mix it with CLEAR two part epoxy them put it into the dot that held the standard white dots.

I will use a drill bit, and by hand, slowly drill out the white paint in the front sight. Then I mix up the, one hour, two part epoxy. Then I mix in the glow in the dark powder until the epoxy begins to thicken. Then I use a toothpick or a dental pick to put it into the hole you just drilled out. And once I have it how I like it I set the gun so the epoxy will not run and let it dry. I have some guns that have had this done for years and it is still as bright today as the day I did it.

The reason I use epoxy and not any other type of paint is because two part paints and two part epoxies are impervious to solvents. When I want to remove the dot I just use the same drill bit to remove it.

A one second blast of light from a flashlight will light the glow in the dark dot up brighter than tritium. It is literally 5x-10x brighter than tritium. And it will remain brighter than tritium for at least 4 hours. And even if it begins to dim just hit it again and it is as bright as before.

If you need tritium or glow in the dark sights you should also have a flashlight handy. So you can easily charge the front sight. I normally charge mine when I go to bed and they are still tritium bright 6+ hours later.

And for those who don't want to use glow in the dark powder you can do the same with titanium dioxide for the brightest white dots you have ever seen. Titanium dioxide is the whitest substance known to man. And when mixed with clear empoxy it almost glows in bright sunlight. Titanium dioxide can be found a tmost baking stores for CHEAP. I know I bought an ounce fo I think it was $2.

Dolomite

If you ever show up in the Knoxville area I will gladly help you out.

Dolomite

That's only an hour away. I would take you up on that. How much money would I need? I would gladly pay you to do that procedure on my sights. I'm not in any way skilled with my hands, so I dare not try it myself.

And as far as the mepro sights, they will not work either.

Edited by dieewigeteufel

How much of the good glow in the dark powder do you think I need to buy. I found some for 1/4 oz $9, 1oz $27, 4oz $82. The problem is how much is 1/4 oz. could be a thimble full or a cup full.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

How much of the good glow in the dark powder do you think I need to buy. I found some for 1/4 oz $9, 1oz $27, 4oz $82. The problem is how much is 1/4 oz. could be a thimble full or a cup full.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

I would think that the 1/4 oz would be more than enough to do a few sets of sights. I bought a 1 ounce jar of the really good glow paint and I'll never use it all up in my lifetime doing sights on guns.

To the OP: if you're still interested in tritium and can't find any sights that will fit, check out tooltech. They will install trijicon lamps in your factory sights. That's what I was going to do for my P7. It ain't cheap, though. I may have to try Dolomite's trick first.

I have tried tritium sights over the years and have found a cheaper and easier way to outperform them.

I use high end glow in the dark powder, not the cheap stuff you find in stores. I mix it with CLEAR two part epoxy them put it into the dot that held the standard white dots.

I will use a drill bit, and by hand, slowly drill out the white paint in the front sight. Then I mix up the, one hour, two part epoxy. Then I mix in the glow in the dark powder until the epoxy begins to thicken. Then I use a toothpick or a dental pick to put it into the hole you just drilled out. And once I have it how I like it I set the gun so the epoxy will not run and let it dry. I have some guns that have had this done for years and it is still as bright today as the day I did it.

Dolomite

If you remove the original white paint from the front sight what color is your dot during daytime use? Is it just as easy to acquire during the day? I have two pistols with tritium sights on them, and one has a visibile white ring around the tritium part which makes it nice and visible during daylight.

If you remove the original white paint from the front sight what color is your dot during daytime use? Is it just as easy to acquire during the day? I have two pistols with tritium sights on them, and one has a visibile white ring around the tritium part which makes it nice and visible during daylight.

They are a bright pale white. Kind of hard to explain but maybe a cream color. They are easily seen during the day. You could also mix in some titanium dioxide to brighten the mixture up some. I do not belive they will affect the "glow" properties too much. Another option might be to sprinkle the glow material with titanium dioxide while the glow is still wet. It will make it white and the glow should still shine through.

Dolomite