Guest AmericanWorkMule

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adamparker86

stuff like this just pisses me off my dad suffered tramatic brain injuries from a careless driver while on his motorcycle , and will never be same..its crazy how one careless person can destroy so many lives

OUCH!! I hate to watch this. I recieved notification for a citation against one of my tech's today. I went online and watched the video--he entered the intersection 3-4 secounds AFTER the light went to red. Thank God he did not hit a car when he went through the intersection. I suspect texting or some other distraction. It only takes one distraction to change someones life forever!!

After the conversation we had, the $50 dollar fine was ok with him considering how blessed he was that he didn't kill someone........

I've been riding for a very long time. It seems over the last few years it has gotten alot more dangerous.

Drivers seem alot more distracted, or in bigger hurry. Of course volume contributes as well.

I went from hardly remembering having near misses, maybe one or two a year. Now it's two or three near misses everytime I'm out. I used to wear a t-shirt and sun glasses. Now I look like Batman with ballistic protection. If I fall on my back ill never be able to get up.

That video reminds me of a car running a stop sign and taking out my pops, he survived.

Distracted driving is so dangerous but will be impossible to stop. It's now illegal to text and drive and that seemed to be aimed more at teens when it passed but as I drive around Nashville I see more irresponsible adults doing it than teens.

Glad he lived and I hope that driver is paying for a long time!

While it didn't involve a driver running a red light, back in the 1970s I was hit head on by a drunk driver on a two lane road. My Yamaha 650 was only about 6 weeks old and had barely been broken in. The impact sent me flying all the way over the car and I landed on the pavement behind him. I remember realizing about halfway over the car where I was, and at the last minute I rolled up into a ball before hitting the pavement. Shattered my wrist bones, which deformed that part of my left hand. Also a compression fracture in my back and a puncture wound in my left leg. Totaled both the bike and the car. I was lucky. The ER doc said he had seen people die in less severe accidents.

Riding motorcycles is dangerous, and yes, there are a lot of idiots who shouldn't be driving. But I decided it wasn't worth the risk and haven't been back on one since. If you ride, you are at the mercy of drivers like this. And it's worse now than ever with smart phones and other distractions.

It is obvious from the video the driver was distracted in some way.

It wasn't like the light had just changed, it had been red and the brakers were not hit until the last moment when they were already in the intersection.

All the studies I have read puts a person who is texting at higher risk of an accident than someone who is above the legal limit. And because they are at a higher risk the penalties should be higher if caught texting and driving. Maybe not loose their driver's license for a year but the same fines and time in jail as well as community service. Or maybe make it so if they are caught texting and driving they are not allowed to posses a cell phone for a year rather than loose their license. We all lived without cell phones 15 years ago.

The only way to stop it is when the inconvienence of getting caught outweighs the convienence of using it while driving.

Dolomite

Riding a motorcycle is not dangerous. Crashing while riding a motorcycle is dangerous. (And it doesn't matter who's fault it is.)

Someday I'd like to have a camera mounted on the side of my truck just to catch all the dangerously distracting crap I've seen going on in vehicles that pass me - of course I'd probably get arrested if I sent footage of the Tennessee State Troopers I've seen texting to their respective commanders.

The guy is lucky he wasn’t killed.

At least this technology shows what happened. Of course the guy in the car will probably be whining about cameras and trying to find a lawyer that can get it ruled inadmissible in court.