Drop Signs at Capitol

Guest 270win

Guest 270win

Is there any way we can get Harwell or whoever manages the Statehouse in Nashville to drop the signs prohibiting legal carry? There is no law against carrying in a state building if there is no sign, so why don't we try to get this changed?

Write him, her a letter or call and voice your concerns, maybe it will get changed for YOU!!!

I wouldn't hold my breath though!

Dave

Senior Prophet

(931)802-2138

Edited by wd-40
  • Like 1

That's Ms. Beth Harwell :)

I stand corrected....

Write HER Highness a letter, or give her a phone call and get the law changed, er, I mean, get the sign took down!

Edited by wd-40
Guest bluecanary25

Even consider the powers-that-be may not want THE LEGISLATORS being armed during meetings and votes? ;)

I kidding you!!

The Plaza and Capitol has armed security and frequent visiting LEOs (also armed).

Some very nice people (Security),but they will take you down if needed.

I am comfortable there, more so than in most shopping establishments.

However... Yeah, I would prefer to carry there as well.

If they have court proceedings there then id doesn't matter you can't carry there

Dolomite

That's true...I have never been there. I don't know what they do!

But good luck getting it changed just the same...

Dave

While not active in a number of years, there is a courtroom that is part of the Capitol.

Status as a courtroom alone doesn't matter. And it only applies to that room, not the larger building that houses it.

"...any room in which judicial proceedings are in progress" is the wording.

- OS

Harwell is NO friend of the second amendment; if it were up to her no one would carry arms (except of course those who protect her).

So..write all the letters you want but don't hold your breath...if it were me I'd spend the time working for anybody running against her as that might actually accomplish something.

Even consider the powers-that-be may not want THE LEGISLATORS being armed during meetings and votes? ;)

I kidding you!!

Look at the video newschannel 5 did on "ghost voting".

You'll see that 1) half those legislators are routinely not there & 2) beth harwell is like a pet rock.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

You'll see that 1) half those legislators are routinely not there & 2) beth harwell is like a pet rock.

I saw that. I was annoyed, but not surprised.

Have a second amendment friendly legislator file a bill requiring legislative bodyguards to disarm anywhere an HCP holder must disarm. It'd never pass, but legislators would be forced to vote against it. . . .

and other activities along this line. And other agitations. . . .

Is there any way we can get Harwell or whoever manages the Statehouse in Nashville to drop the signs prohibiting legal carry? There is no law against carrying in a state building if there is no sign, so why don't we try to get this changed?

Good luck... All she has to do is sign a letter and the signs are gone... She won't sign that letter... Every time I see her I bring it up.

That is so insulting to pet rocks... We'd be better off with a D in that seat...

Guest 270win

People can carry in the statehouse in Jackson, MS with the enhanced permit. I know you can carry in the Statehouse in Kentucky and Texas legally.