Gun store with Gunbuster sign

Guest SheepDog10

Has any of us really give thought (only a few here I'm sure) as to really why property gets posted? Let's all accept those facts and move on! I can only pick idiot out after they done something stupid!

Why should we "give thought" to it? :shrug:

When a business posts, regardless of their reason(s) for doing so, they are telling me that they do not respect my God given right to defend my life. So why shoudl it matter if they are posting because the business owner(s) "hate" guns, or because they don't trust people who carry to handle their weapons properlty or because they are afraid of lawsuites or becaue they are afraid of losing non-carrying customers who may hate guns, etc?

I suspect that most people have made the conscious and very serious decision to carry precisely because they are unwilling to leave their personal safety to chance or to someone else....they may even have made that decision because they believe, correctly I think, that a responsible citizen has an obligation to be armed. So, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter why a business posts because the end result is the same whcih is that if i want to do business with that business I have to go unarmed and leave my personal safety up to chance/someone else. I will not do that.

When I need to do business with someone and their business property is posted (or even if I simply "know" my firearm isn't welcome there), I go somewhere else because the vast majority of the time, I can find an alternative place to do business that respects my right to be armed (or at least doesn't actively oppose it).

I suggest that if a person truly values his/her right to go armed, they should try to do the same.

Places that are posted have not taken away your God given right to defend yourself. They have only changed the way in which you can defend yourself. Just because you don't have a gun doesn't mean you can't defend yourself. I know I will fight to my last breath regardless if I have a gun or not.

Just because you don't have your gun doesn't mean you have to be a victim.

Dolomite

Places that are posted have not taken away your God given right to defend yourself. They have only changed the way in which you can defend yourself. Just because you don't have a gun doesn't mean you can't defend yourself. I know I will fight to my last breath regardless if I have a gun or not.

Dolomite

Well said!

When a business posts, regardless of their reason(s) for doing so, they are telling me that they do not respect my God given right to defend my life. So why shoudl it matter if they are posting because the business owner(s) "hate" guns, or because they don't trust people who carry to handle their weapons properlty or because they are afraid of lawsuites or becaue they are afraid of losing non-carrying customers who may hate guns, etc?

I suspect that most people have made the conscious and very serious decision to carry precisely because they are unwilling to leave their personal safety to chance or to someone else....they may even have made that decision because they believe, correctly I think, that a responsible citizen has an obligation to be armed. So, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter why a business posts because the end result is the same whcih is that if i want to do business with that business I have to go unarmed and leave my personal safety up to chance/someone else. I will not do that.

When I need to do business with someone and their business property is posted (or even if I simply "know" my firearm isn't welcome there), I go somewhere else because the vast majority of the time, I can find an alternative place to do business that respects my right to be armed (or at least doesn't actively oppose it).

I suggest that if a person truly values his/her right to go armed, they should try to do the same.

Take some "Hand-To-Hand" self defense courses. That way you will almost never be "defenseless"!

Does your "Bank" allow you to carry? If not, how do you do your banking?

After all, I only carry "Toad" 4 days a week....The bad guy needs only to guess which four. My "Hands and Feet" I carry all week long...I fear NO business that doesn't allow me to carry. Have you ever seen the look on a punk's face the second after you pull the heel of your foot out of "littl Billy bad a**es" mouth? PRICELESS!!

Dave

(931)802-2138

Posted from my Dell Desktop using the Keyboard

Take some "Hand-To-Hand" self defense courses. That way you will almost never be "defenseless"!

^^^ That's a pretty :screwy: comment - it isn't about being "defenseless"; it's about common sense.

I've been in a few fights in my life but at my age, I'm probably not going to come out on the winning end of a round of street fighting with a 20-something bad guy (especially if there are more than one of them) no matter how mamy self-defense courses I've had. However, it's not the boxing match that is the issue; the issue is a life-threatening use of force by one or more bad guys who are intent on killing me or other innocent people and what makes your comment a bit absurd is that the bad guys, aside from often being younger and in better shape than their victims are also often ARMED.

Jackie Chan can beat up 20 armed thugs with his karate moves but in real life, the guy(s) with the gun(s) is/are usually going to win against the guy who only has his fists or his hand-to-hand self-defense courses to rely on especially since the guy with the gun is generally going to have the element of surprise on his side.

Does your "Bank" allow you to carry? If not, how do you do your banking?

Yes they do and if they didn't I wouldn't bank there (not that I need to go into my bank's actual building all that often).

After all, I only carry "Toad" 4 days a week....The bad guy needs only to guess which four. My "Hands and Feet" I carry all week long...I fear NO business that doesn't allow me to carry. Have you ever seen the look on a punk's face the second after you pull the heel of your foot out of "littl Billy bad a**es" mouth? PRICELESS!!

Perhaps for you going armed it about "fear" but for me it's about being a responsible citizen and about making sane, logical choices for ME - I see nothing sane or logical about foregoing the best tool for self-defense available to me just because some stupid business owner/corporation doesn't want me to be armed. For me, the decision and the principle is quite simple - I will not voluntarily give my money to a business that doesn't support my right to go armed and that is ESPECIALLY so if that business makes their profit by selling firearms/firearm related products to firearm enthusiasts.

Dolomite

I'm not sure if the above was directed at me or not but in my above post, I did not say that a posted business has "taken away" my right to go armed; I've said they don't "respect" my right to go armed. Some may see the the difference between the two phrases as minor but I see them as significantly different from each other. :)

I absolutely agree, not being armed doesn't mean I can't defend myself or that I have to be a victim but it DOES mean that the most effective tool available for me to defend myself has been eliminated from the equation - any business that chooses to make that decision for me and eliminates that tool is a business that doesn't deserve my custom.

Edited by RobertNashville

When a business posts, regardless of their reason(s) for doing so, they are telling me that they do not respect my God given right to defend my life.

With all due respect Sir....BUT YOUR VERY OWN WORDS!!!

I'm not going to keep argueing this. I just PRAY to GOD that you NEVER have to shoot a person in self defense...I PRAY 10 TIMES TO GOD...YOU DON"T HIT AN INNOCENT BYSTANDER IN THE PROCESS!!!!

Dave

(931)802-2138

Posted from my Dell Desktop using the Keyboard!

I'm not sure if the above was directed at me or not but in my above post, I did not say that a posted business has "taken away" my right to go armed; I've said they don't "respect" my right to go armed. Some may see the the difference between the two phrases as minor but I see them as significantly different from each other. :)

I absolutely agree, not being armed doesn't mean I can't defend myself or that I have to be a victim but it DOES mean that the most effective tool available for me to defend myself has been eliminated from the equation - any business that chooses to make that decision for me and eliminates that tool is a business that doesn't deserve my custom.

Then go elsewhere's!!!

With all due respect Sir....BUT YOUR VERY OWN WORDS!!!

I'm not going to keep argueing this. I just PRAY to GOD that you NEVER have to shoot a person in self defense...I PRAY 10 TIMES TO GOD...YOU DON"T HIT AN INNOCENT BYSTANDER IN THE PROCESS!!!!

I'll always takes the prayers but just be be clear, I have no desire to shoot anyone and I too hope I never have to do so and especially hope I never hit an innocent bystander in the process.

I carry in the event I am ever put into a position where I do need to defend my life.

I presume that's why you carry.

I presume that is why most people who carry have made that decision.

Aside from my past military training I put in a considerable amount of time and $$$ each year to train for an event I hope never happens precisely because I want to be ready to do what's necessary if it becomes necessary and to reduce the chance that I'll "hit an innocent bystander in the process"; I pray others do the same.