Gun store with Gunbuster sign

Guest SheepDog10

Guest SheepDog10

There is a gun store in Church Hill that has the "No loaded guns, no CCW allowed" sign up.

I understand from the liability point of view that you don't want some idiots coming in with their new toy, and whipping out loaded firearms just to show it off. I think a better sign would be "Keep loaded firearms holstered". I feel a store relying on Second Amendment rights for their livelihood to support legal CCW.

I was at M&M gun store in Whitesburg and was looking at buying a gun. I wanted to see how it holstered in the holster I was carrying and told the lady I was stepping out to the car to remove my gun. She said it was fine to lay it on the counter pointed toward the wall. She said she appreciated my manners and concern in drawing a loaded gun in their store. She did comment on how many times people would pull out a loaded gun, sometimes pointing it in their direction just out of stupidity.

What is your take on this subject??

I think a better sign would be appropriate. Something to the tune of please keep loaded weapons holstered. When The great outdoor store had the range in Jackson there policy was holstered weapons must be unloaded. Basically no one enforced the rule with HCP holders because all of the employees OC there weapons. Of course I never saw anyone unholster a weapon outside the range while I was there. I think if everyone acts responsible you will be fine. Safety first.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 1

I agree with the both of you, but I GUARANTEE....someone is going to come on here and say that those SIGNS are not PROPER LANGUAGE to the laws...

My take on the subject is, NO MEANS NO. Honor their wishes...I don't want anyone accidentily shot in my shop either!

Edited by wd-40

The Topic states that there is a Gun Buster... so it's legal.

But...

If its just the words.....

Those signs are not proper language according to the letter of the law and you can just ignore it.

Couldnt resist Prophet WD-40.

Edited by BrasilNuts

I don’t even work in a gun store, but I have seen some pretty ignorant stuff. The people that work in them must see it all the time.

There is no reason to unholster a loaded weapon inside a store. If you want to try a holster or you need work on your gun, you either go outside and clear it, or you clear it before you bring it in. That’s common sense isn’t it?

• Like 1

The Topic states that there is a Gun Buster... so it's legal.

But...

If its jut the words then it's not legal and you can carry right past it.

Couldnt resist Prophet WD-40.

I'm NOT a PROPHET!!!!

Sir; If my SIGN reads..."NO GUNS ALLOWED"......What's illegal about that? Please explain?

And sir, If you're going to ATTACK me by "name calling" "PROPHET WD-40"....GET A LIFE!!!!

I just COULDN"T RESIST.....you are a PRIME EXAMPLE of why I've been backing off the board posting...go sit in the A/C and give it a break!!!

I'm NOT a PROPHET!!!!

Sir; If my SIGN reads..."NO GUNS ALLOWED"......What's illegal about that? Please explain?

And sir, If you're going to ATTACK me by "name calling" "PROPHET WD-40"....GET A LIFE!!!!

I just COULDN"T RESIST.....you are a PRIME EXAMPLE of why I've been backing off the board posting...go sit in the A/C and give it a break!!!

Uh ... I'm pretty sure that was meant in goodwill humor. Might want to relax a little.

• Like 2

I'd be notifying them why I would be taking my business elsewhere.

I agree with you. However, my "profit margine" hasn't changed, so I don't know if they ever came back or not. A TRUE customer WILL ALWAYS come back....just saying....

Uh ... I'm pretty sure that was meant in goodwill humor. Might want to relax a little.

OK...I will officially take it as good humor...My Bad...

I kinda like that..

PROFIT WD-40!!!!! Kinda has a ring to it!

Good day to all!!!

Dave

Guest SheepDog10

I don’t even work in a gun store, but I have seen some pretty ignorant stuff. The people that work in them must see it all the time.

There is no reason to unholster a loaded weapon inside a store. If you want to try a holster or you need work on your gun, you either go outside and clear it, or you clear it before you bring it in. That’s common sense isn’t it?

Dave, please read my post. I did tell the lady I was stepping out to remove my gun, which is what I felt was the correct thing to do. She said I was welcome to lay it on the counter mat, pointed at the block wall.

I don't think the sign was the "offical Gunbuster" sign but I still would respect the rights of the store owner to post "No guns, no shirts, no dogs" whatever. I just take my business elsewhere.

Edited by SheepDog10

Dave, please read my post. I did tell the lady I was stepping out to remove my gun, which is what I felt was the correct thing to do. She said I was welcome to lay it on the counter mat, pointed at the block wall.

I don't think the sign was the "offical Gunbuster" sign but I still would respect the rights of the store owner to post "No guns, no shirts, no dogs" whatever. I just take my business elsewhere.

That's the "right" attitude to have sir!

Bless you for abiding by their wishes.

The gun store I buy from will not allow a loaded firearm in the store. If you come in armed you have to have the weapon unloaded and inspected.

There is no requirement for gun safety training as a prerequisite for owning a firearm. I took a co-worker to the range/gun store after he pruchased a Glock 17 and a Mossberg 12 gauge pump. When we got to the firing line I realized the he did not know how to load, operate or shoot either guns. He knew nothing about gun safety either. I would not let him shoot until the store manager gave him a 1.5 hour class in gun safety.

One of the reasons I only go to the range on week days when I'm on second shift is that I do not like being around a bunch of strangers who are shooting guns. I have seen too may idiots with guns.

Edited by Will Carry

There is a gun store in Church Hill that has the "No loaded guns, no CCW allowed" sign up.

I understand from the liability point of view that you don't want some idiots coming in with their new toy, and whipping out loaded firearms just to show it off. I think a better sign would be "Keep loaded firearms holstered". I feel a store relying on Second Amendment rights for their livelihood to support legal CCW.

I was at M&M gun store in Whitesburg and was looking at buying a gun. I wanted to see how it holstered in the holster I was carrying and told the lady I was stepping out to the car to remove my gun. She said it was fine to lay it on the counter pointed toward the wall. She said she appreciated my manners and concern in drawing a loaded gun in their store. She did comment on how many times people would pull out a loaded gun, sometimes pointing it in their direction just out of stupidity.

What is your take on this subject??

I have been in two gun stores with a no loaded firearms policy. I spent no money, only time there.

Our LGS has this sign.

DSCN0601.jpg

• Like 1

The gun store I buy from will not allow a loaded firearm in the store. If you come in armed you have to have the weapon unloaded and inspected.

There is no requirement for gun safety training as a prerequisite for owning a firearm. I took a co-worker to the range/gun store after he pruchased a Glock 17 and a Mossberg 12 gauge pump. When we got to the firing line I realized the he did not know how to load, operate or shoot either guns. He knew nothing about gun safety either. I would not let him shoot until the store manager gave him a 1.5 hour class in gun safety.

One of the reasons I only go to the range on week days when I'm on second shift is that I do not like being around a bunch of strangers who are shooting guns. I have seen too may idiots with guns.

I had never been around a pistol until I bought my first one. Didnt need a class to tell me how to operate it or to know not to point it at anybody. Seemed all kinda self explanatory.

Well yeah but you are Superman. You can do anything. LOL.

There is nothing self explanatory about gun safety. I know you take it very seriously as do most people on this forum. But I've seen some things. "I see dumb people .......and they don't even know they're dumb!"

Edited by Will Carry

Well yeah but you are Superman. You can do anything. LOL.

There is nothing self explanatory about gun safety. I know you take it very seriously as do most people on this forum. But I've seen some things. "I see dumb people .......and they don't even know they're dumb!"

Now we all know why some businesses "POST"!!!

I'm sorry, I wasn’t addressing what you did. I was just saying I can understand why a gun shop may have a policy not to pull loaded weapons inside the store. Same reason I understand the no loaded weapons in gun shows policy. Unlike a store it’s to big to keep an eye on everyone and people can, and will do stupid things. Last discharge we heard of here at a gun show was a dealer.

• Like 1

I'm NOT a PROPHET!!!!

It was meant as humor.

I was on my phone and didn't have access to the :yuck::yum::cool::rofl: 's.

I couldn't resist because I figured what you said would be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So sorry for the misunderstanding.

Please accept my humblest apologies.

It was meant as humor.

I was on my phone and didn't have access to the :yuck::yum::cool::rofl: 's.

I couldn't resist because I figured what you said would be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So sorry for the misunderstanding.

Please accept my humblest apologies.

Sir, it is all good with me. My misunderstanding.....my apologies indeed.

Have a good evening sir...

Dave

I will not buy a gun from a store that posts. Period. They have the right to post--i have the right to move to the next store. One of the other stores in the Tri-Cities was posted with "No Loaded Firearms--CCW's must check guns at the front desk" until recently. Now, they simply state that guns must remain holstered while inside the store. I can live with this....unless it hits the fan.

• Like 2
Guest 270win

What is the point of going to a gun store that is afraid of legal folks with gun? I always think it is funny that people who claim to support the second amendment, handgun carry permits, etc. prohibit those who have spent over two hundred dollars to get legal from carrying on their property. It is like they want to carry but no one else.