carry at carnival

Guest GLOCKGUY

Guest GLOCKGUY

can anyone tell me if i can carry my gun to a carnival you know the ones that come in for one week then leave it is at a big parking lot thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grout
can anyone tell me if i can carry my gun to a carnival you know the ones that come in for one week then leave it is at a big parking lot thanks

Why you are going to whip out your roscoe and have a go at the shooting gallery.:D

Guest sling

Hmm. But, what about like the Ren fair in Franklin, TN?

I mean... yes they do have signs up that prohibit firearms (i believe) but i'm just using it as an example.

They have booths that serve booze, etc. Just curious.

Hmm. But, what about like the Ren fair in Franklin, TN?

I mean... yes they do have signs up that prohibit firearms (i believe) but i'm just using it as an example.

They have booths that serve booze, etc. Just curious.

If they are legal signs, that pretty much means No Carry regardless of where it is or any other laws that prohibit carry.

IMO the law against carry where alcohol is served for onsite consumption would not apply because it is not within the confines of a building (porch or deck...)

Guest sling

Fall guy,

What i meant was what if there were no signs there. Just an example of a situational place. :D

I kind of figured this as well however it is private property... though one would probably argue about the porch\deck thing.

Guest db99wj
What like this guy

carny%20wilson.jpg

:stunned:Dad???
Mom...?! :D
I really need to come to each of your guys family reunions!!

All you :censored:er's owe me a new laptop:bat:......

Some advice, Coke Zero hurts like hell coming out ones nose.:hiding:

Guest db99wj
You would have to be a fool not to carry at a carnival.

No doubt.

Come to the Memphis Fair....you could bring all the weapons you own and you would still be outgunned.

Guest bolesie

my uncle back in the early 80s had a gun pulled on him at the scott co fair. if it wasnt for the bar owner where he parked at in his parking lot (across the fair gate) he would be dead.

TN does not have a "public gathering" clause like we do in here in GA - although some of that clause will be gone July 1st.

I see no issue with carrying uless it is posted.

You're right that there is no general "public gathering" law.

The reason "public" has been mentioned is because of 39-17-1311 that says you can not carry in or on the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes.