New PSA lower just announced. Thoughts?

PSA just announced this on their Facebook page.

Very bad business decision in my opinion. Besides the fact that I don't want to be reminded of Obama every time I pick up my rifle, I think the reference to Islam is in particularly bad taste. This just gives ammo to the liberals who like to portray gun owners as a bunch of radical right-wing loons. I think that insulting any religion is inappropriate, especially in this way. I'm annoyed enough by it that I may stop spending my money with them.

Just curious what others think about this design.

529217_10150901674537097_213372979_n.jpg

Guest bkelm18

I'm of the "Don't like it? Then don't buy it" philosophy. If they make money off it good for them. If not, guess they know not to do it again. After the SCOTUS ruling today I don't really care how we are viewed anymore. This country is ####ed anyway.

Edited by bkelm18

Ehh...to each their own. I personally wouldn't bother buying any of those lowers and would pass on a complete rifle if the lower was with it......Hopefully enough people will voice their opinion on Facebook and they will listen to the public masses BEFORE producing these.

Edited by kwe45919

I'm of the "Don't like it? Then don't buy it" philosophy. If they make money off it good for them. If not, guess they know not to do it again. After the SCOTUS ruling today I don't really care how we are viewed anymore. This country is ####ed anyway.

Don't like it don't buy it. There are still a few things left where we have that luxury.

Thank you for reminding me I don't have to buy it if I don't like it since I said that I was considering voting with my wallet in the OP. Would you feel the same way if it was bashing Christianity or a political candidate you like? Just curious...

Thank you for reminding me I don't have to buy it if I don't like it since I said that I was considering voting with my wallet in the OP. Would you feel the same way if it was bashing Christianity or a political candidate you like? Just curious...

Yes. My belief system or support for a candidate is not so frail that merchandise threatens it.

Forgive my ignorance (or blindness)... where's the insulting reference to Islam?

I wouldn't buy one, but to each his own.

I think maybe the moon? But it is turned the wrong way and missing the star.

Honestly, I could care less. If it's cheap enough and works like it should then fine with me.

They can print "Religious Republicans Suck" on it for all I care. Just make it Cheap and make it of Quality.

I think they should put their efforts into reducing their wait times or answering emails/phone calls.

+1 on this

Edited by TnShooter83

This was posted on TTAG earlier, and I agree with the general consenses (since there were two):

1. If you don't like it, don't buy it
  2. It's still an unforced error WRT advancing the image of gun owners as normal people

Number 1 will happen no matter what, as the market works 100% of the time. Number 2 I agree with, in that my guns aren't about who is in power, or have any relationship to any elected official. I don't choose to own or not own a firearm based on the political climate. Though they are an endangered species, there are plenty of old-line democrats who like guns, and PSA is turning them off. I doubt many of these lowers get sold in rust-belt areas.

I think this is in very poor taste.

That's how I'd sum it up.

I get annoyed whenever I saw (liberal) businesses do similar stuff when bush was in office. I don't want to spend money somewhere and feel as if that money I spent is supporting a political cause or a distasteful manner of furthering said cause.

I don't see the infidel brand being the same, simply because it isn't against Islam as a whole, just against the extremists. Besides, the use of كاÙر as a joke is something born on Iraq deployments and took hold in the tacticool world. I never got into it because displaying such words in jest may offend the very people you're trying to build rapport with, and having it on my stuff at home doesn't make sense now that I'm about as likely to kill a terrorist as I am to nailing Jennifer Anniston.

This will probably get some media attention which may or may not bump sales for them. It will be presented as a somewhat threatening statement towards Obamer, which I can see where they would get that. Antis and fence sitters will be vindicated in their belief that gun owners are whackos. Not sure why they'd be pulling a publicity stunt anyway, aren't they always behind on production?

Edited by TMF 18B