Waiting vs Buying

kesava

So, I have been drooling over a CM9 ever since I sold my PM9. I can pick one up at buds for $400 bucks, but they go for around $300-$350 on the market. They don't come up for sale often but, a penny saved... So, should I wait or bite the bullet?

As an aside, who's the least expensive FFL transfer around Nashville?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last one on TGO sold for $300 with two mags. Wait and save, if you have some type of conceal carry now. I have the PM9 and had a CM9 that I picked up in a trade. I sold CM9 for $385. The CM9 comes with one mag, polymer front sight, and regular rifled barrel. Most used CM9's have 2 mags in deal. If I didn't have the PM9, I too would be looking for a used CM9.

I wasnt able to find one for $300-$350 after looking on gunbroker Im going to say the one at buds isnt a bad deal. For that small of a price difference I would rather go ahead and just buy the gun new than wait forever for a used one to show up. There was a vendor on this site at one time offering $10 transfers for TGO members,dont remember who they were or if they still offer that,but most shops transfer fees are $20-$25 + $10BG.

Guns for America has the cheapest transfer fee that I have found at $25. There could be others, but I have yet to discover them. Franklin Gun rapes you for $75. Even for them... I was surprised.

To your original post heading, this is really patience vs. $100. I admit when I really want something say a $500 type item, the decision has already been made to buy it, just a matter of the best value where to buy it. Then a peace of mind buying from a retailer, vs. buying from individuals. I would think buying from most individuals is safe, but it does carry some elevated risk vs. the retailer. So if waiting is okay by you and the risk issue is of no concern, then wait and save the $100. But if you are impatient like a kid the night before Christmas, and you don't want the elevated risk, then buy it now. Heck just don't eat out for 2 weeks and there is the $100 you would save by waiting. Just my two cents.