Has your attitude towards guns changed?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wear mine like i wear my cell phone, but Rabbi i did not think in tn. they could tell one how to wear his or her weapon. correct me if i am wrong.

yeah, but this isnt the only state in the Union (unfortunately). Go to TX and your permit is valid but dont expose your weapon even inadvertently or you'll be arrested and charged.

yeah, but this isnt the only state in the Union (unfortunately). Go to TX and your permit is valid but dont expose your weapon even inadvertently or you'll be arrested and charged.

True....my understanding is even printing can get you arrested in TX.

Some other states with no OC are AR, OK, FL, SC

Guest db99wj

Over a year and for the most part I don't care. I'm careful at work, and I did have a bad day the other day where I thought everyone could see it.:) Anyway. I would almost bet that if you open carry in a crowed place like Walmart or Kroger, that most people won't see it even then. There would be a few, like kids, but most adults are too wrapped up in their little world to even notice. There are places I want to be discreat, but others, I don't care. One thing I do when I want to be in deep concealment and make sure I am not made.....:lol:, I will clip my cell phone on my right side in front of my holster. So if anyone were to happen to look down that is what they would see.

When I worked at the bank, one of my customers ask me what that was (pointing at the clips to my CTAC holster) I said a holster and went on with the originial conversation.

My BIL carries everywhere like I do, and even when I know he is carrying, it is hard to see. He carries IWB. He is also left handed.

I've been carrying since I got mine about 5 1/2 years ago. Had something funny happen to me today.

I was in a CVS in Pigeon Forge today working on a motion in the Pharmacy and had to reach over my head to mount the thing and therefore exposing myself:rolleyes: directly to the Pharmist. I thought he was going to have a heart attack. :lol:

He never said a word but you could tell by the look on his face, he turned white as a ghost, I'm lookin for a phone call from the service dept. saying I can't carry while I work in their stores. If that happens I'll say see ya.:)

Guest Boomhower

I've not read all the responses, but I do agree that my attitude has changed. I've had my permit around a year, and I carry everywhere I can. My carrying has even affected my wife's perception of guns. :screwy:....She now sometimes beats me to the snid comments when you hear these anti-gun libs blowing chuncks on the news. :lol:

Eventually you may even find yourself not caring if they do notice. That's where I'm at these days.

I am with you on this Tungsten.

Basically I carry casually concealed. If it shows then that is whoever is lookings problem, not mine. I have only OC'd a few times and I don't think anyone even noticed aside from one time. I did have a little old lady at the gas pumps give me the stink eye ( love that term LOL) and she did not get out of her car until I got in mine and began to pull away. Of course I am not looking around to see if they are looking at me anyway.

I pretty much feel like something is missing if its not on my hip anymore.

Guest kwikrnu
As far as being the first shot if you OC....still waiting even one verifiable report of this.

Because there are none. I'll bet that regular people who open carry are less likely to be involved in a shooting to begin with. Bad guys look for easy targets and easy targets do not wear a gun on their hip.

I am sure my opinion will get me ridiculed but I think carrying is a total pain. Yes, I do have a permit. Yes, I do have a law enforcement background. No, I'm not stupid and yes I do carry.

I am sure my opinion will get me ridiculed but I think carrying is a total pain. Yes, I do have a permit. Yes, I do have a law enforcement background. No, I'm not stupid and yes I do carry.

Not going to ridicule, just curious as to why you do carry, if it is a bother to?

Guest cellar dwellar

It can be a bother to me sometimes as well. Wearing my seatbelt is uncomfortable and paying insurance is expensive. I do all of these because the bother is small compared to what might happen if I didn't carry, use a seatbelt, have insurance, etc.

I do wish we could carry everywhere. I drive a Jeep which is not lockable. This means I need to think ahead before leaving the house with my CCW.

As I said, I 'm not stupid and realize the necessity in carrying. I like the idea of protecting myself and family from lowlifes as much as anyone. I'm just saying it's a pain and if the need wasn't there I would probably not carry. Of course the problems are only going to get worse and the need to carry will keep growing.

I have carried for 10 years as well mostly a full size 1911, browning hp, or a little 22 revolver pocket gun when more discretion is required - yes I consider it a pain just like the surefire light, the knife, the cell phone, etc. jeez I need a backpack - I almost allways carry concealed & don't worry about it alot however if I pass a mirror I will find myself checking for a print.

Also as an incentive not to get lazy & not carry I have a running agrement with several others who carry in the area if you are caught not carrying it will cost you $5.00

Guest 270win

It was nice getting a concealed handgun license (AR) and not having to think of another reason like going hunting or coming from the woods to make myself legal. I looked at it as cheaper than having to buy my gun back from court and pay a fine. Loaded long guns, though legal where i grew up, are slower to get to in a car than a handgun. The less hassles in life usually the better.

Guest BG38357
Has your attitude towards guns changed since you began carrying? I have been carrying daily for over 8 years now. In the beginning the gun seemed somehow more important, putting it on was an act of risk that required a lot of thought.

Today I don't consider it much more than a cell phone. And the idea that a gov't somewhere would want to tell me whether and how and when I can carry makes about as much sense as telling me how I can use my cell phone.

8 years here and same experience, Rabbi. Carry different guns now, though.

Guest atomemphis

I keep thinking if I see someone carrying I'll blurt out "Oh god, he's got a gun!" and see what happens.

I would yell out "OMG WHERE?!?!?!?" and look around frantically as if she was talking about someone else, in a sense mocking the hell out of her.:death::drama:

Has your attitude towards guns changed since you began carrying?

Why yes it has Bill. Now, I've got to decide is it the trusty H&K, the 1911, or my lilttle PPK. Or, if it's cold out and I'm wearing layers, I just might grab one of two Sig's or the great DAO PX4 you helped me out with.....:death:

Guest jcramin

If I walk out of the house I feel naked if I dont have my gun, infact when I do walk out and walk back in to get it my wife asked me if I walked out naked LOL

NOW the big difference now that I carry is that I have to be more calm when I am at Walmart around stupid people

NOW the big difference now that I carry is that I have to be more calm when I am at Walmart around stupid people

what town do you live in because in manchester, its not just walmart where the stupid people are, its everywhere in public

what town do you live in because in manchester, its not just walmart where the stupid people are, its everywhere in public

LOL...yeah, they are everywhere....but the seem to group in larger heards at the old Wally-World.