MYSTERIOUS MONEY AND MOTIVE BEHIND MONSTER MOSQUE IN MURFREESBORO

JohnC

Guest RevScottie

I've worked with the kurdish refugees since 97 and have been involved with the School of the Medes here in Nashville. I've not seen our heard from them that same sentiment. I do, however, hear that from white people and liberals who assume they know their experience and need someone to fight their battles for them. The ones I've dealt with are excited to be here and are burdened to help the families they had to leave behind make it here to share the experience.

That has not been my daughter's experience in working with refugees in the NE Atlanta area. While life in the US is certainly better than where many came from they still face racism and religious persecution especialy in the South.

That has not been my daughter's experience in working with refugees in the NE Atlanta area. While life in the US is certainly better than where many came from they still face racism and religious persecution especialy in the South.

I have no doubt there are varied experiences. I tend to see the so called "persecution" happens when Islamist insist the common culture defers to their culture. IMO that is not persecution. That for centuries was known as immigration. The folks that just work and worship how they will tend to not have all that many issues.

Guest RevScottie

Well I can say that when here in Chattanooga I hear a local conservative "Christian" Republican politician referring to the Islamic community as a bunch of 'towel headed Mooslims" of who President Obama is chief we have a long way to go in treating people equally.

Well I can say that when here in Chattanooga I hear a local conservative "Christian" Republican politician referring to the Islamic community as a bunch of 'towel headed Mooslims" of who President Obama is chief we have a long way to go in treating people equally.

Eh, I've heard worse about Christians, Southerners, and whites just in this thread. I also thought we weren't supposed to judge an an entire group by the few individuals that we deem "radical"? That works for Muslims but not for Southerners, Whites, Conservatives, and Christians?

Guest RevScottie

No it doesnt work for just Muslims. There are good and bad in all people groups and the radicals tend to give entire groups a bad name.

Eh, I've heard worse about Christians, Southerners, and whites just in this thread. I also thought we weren't supposed to judge an an entire group by the few individuals that we deem "radical"? That works for Muslims but not for Southerners, Whites, Conservatives, and Christians?

Could you please point out where Christians were attacked in this thread?

TMF, I would give up if I were you. I did. I learned that only white Christians deserve to have freedom in this country. :lol: And some people think liberals will destroy this country. I say both sides will have a hefty hand in its demise. :)

Smart man.

Must be screwed up To live a life where you think that the sky is falling everyday. Some of the post in news worthy are becoming more amusing everyday.

Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 1

The only difference between the muslim extremists and christian nuts is the fact that the stupid christians [much to the embarrassment of Jesus Christ] are nothing but cowardly couch commandos to fat and lazy to run anything but their mouth.

The belief in a deity should give one a sense of security and peace but you will not find a group of people any more afraid and insecure than those who are deeply religious. Note I said religious. I point that out because religion and God often times have NOTHING to do with one another.

Edited by Caster
  • Like 1

The only difference between the muslim extremists and christian nuts is the fact that the stupid christians [much to the embarrassment of Jesus Christ] are nothing but cowardly couch commandos to fat and lazy to run anything but their mouth.

The belief in a deity should give one a sense of security and peace but you will not find a group of people any more afraid and insecure than those who are deeply religious. Note I said religious. I point that out because religion and God often times have NOTHING to do with one another.

You said a mouthful. Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die- famous pothead.

• Like 1

Thats why politics and religion should never be discussed on any boards.. :)

I try to not make blanket statements about certain groups, regardless if I like them or not,because I have been called a few names myself because people tend to be quite ignorant about certain facts that occured a few years back.

People get fanatical over their own believes and that itself belies everything that it stands for...

The world needs to rent the Gobi Desert from China. Nobody's using it anyway. Put every Arab, christian, HIndi, atheist, satanist and jew in the world that has a desire to attack the other, out there in the middle and have the world's first Hunger Games. The rest of us are tired of hearing it. Some of us just want to believe and be left the heck alone. It's no wonder God doesn't show his face around here anymore. He's sick of all the squabbling asinine children too.

Edited by Caster