MINN. MAN BEATEN, ARRESTED FOR REPORTEDLY CARRYING HANDGUN… DESPITE HAVING CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT

What kind of vendetta do you have against LEO? and do you really believe that everything you read on the internet is true?

As a former LEO, I don't have ANY kind of vendetta against LEO, so I'm not sure what you mean by your accusation, so I will just blow it off assuming you posted in error, or that you don't have any freakin' idea of what you are talking about.

Have I posted a ton of reports about "evil" leo's lately or something??? (rhetorical question)

I posted this as an item of interest on a gun forum, as it relates to a concealed carry permit holder being arrested for carrying his weapon and his permit. Seems kinda unusual for that to occur, so I surmised that some people may have an interest in checking this story out.

Do you have some information regarding this story that indicates that the man was in the wrong or was purposely trying to set up innocent police officers? If so, I'd like to hear about it.

In the future, read stories that people post at face value and then either comment or leave if you have nothing to say about the story. There was no ulterior motive in posting this story. I do take issue with stories about injustice or about overreaching legal authority, that stuff pisses me off. What I have read of this story so far pisses me off.

As a former LEO, I don't have ANY kind of vendetta against LEO, so I'm not sure what you mean by your accusation, so I will just blow it off assuming you posted in error, or that you don't have any freakin' idea of what you are talking about.

Have I posted a ton of reports about "evil" leo's lately or something??? (rhetorical question)

I posted this as an item of interest on a gun forum, as it relates to a concealed carry permit holder being arrested for carrying his weapon and his permit. Seems kinda unusual for that to occur, so I surmised that some people may have an interest in checking this story out.

Do you have some information regarding this story that indicates that the man was in the wrong or was purposely trying to set up innocent police officers? If so, I'd like to hear about it.

In the future, read stories that people post at face value and then either comment or leave if you have nothing to say about the story. There was no ulterior motive in posting this story. I do take issue with stories about injustice or about overreaching legal authority, that stuff pisses me off. What I have read of this story so far pisses me off.

Me too on both accounts, brother. It pisses me off when bad cops do bad things, and makes me even angrier when other cops defend them. That's one of the reasons I left the PD.

I'm not backing either side because I wasn't there but I'm sure there is more to the story than just some dude walking out a club and the mean police just walked up and beat him. I also don't really care for many of the regulations and policies of northern states in regards to firearms so wouldn't suprise me if there was some over reaction either.

Probably more to the story. From the article:

"It should be noted that King was previously arrested and not charged after recording police in April — a video he says showed an abuse of power. Additionally, he was acquitted of manslaughter in 2008 after his pit bull mauled to death his 7-year-old son."

Sounds like someone who perhaps has given law enforcement a hard time. There is also the fact of having his son killed by his pit bull which shows the type of "responsible" person he is. Nothing against pit bull owners, but I haven't seen to many stories of children being killed by pugs after getting bit. If you have an animal breed that is predisposed to such behavior (just Google pit bull related deaths before getting defensive) it would be wise to take note of young children and look out for their safety. Something tells me that this isn't a case of police just losing their minds and beating up lawful handgun carrier; I'm guessing he did something to provoke such a response.

What kind of vendetta do you have against LEO? and do you really believe that everything you read on the internet is true?

As another former LEO on this forum, THAT is pretty funny!

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk 2

Well, the comments on the local story aren't too complimentary for the PD.

Any time the PD beat the crap out of a black man the comments are going to be as such. In fact, anytime the PD beats the crap out of anyone the comments are going to be anti-PD. I must be one of the few that is cheering on the cops as they beat the crap outa criminal scum.

• Like 2

hah, reminds me of rush hour...

Captain Diel: Two officers were shot, one man lost a pinkie.

Carter: But didn't nobody die!

Captain Diel: You destroyed half a city block!

Carter: That block was already messed up.

Captain Diel: And you lost a lot of evidence!

Carter: We still got a little bit left.

... Every now and then we have to let the general public know that we can still blow stuff up!

Unfortunately, it don't work so well in real life. Sometimes the bad guys need a beating to be subdued, but that should not be the normal approach to situations. It is unclear here why force was used, and if they cannot justfify it, there will be another ex LEO (just not by choice).

Edited by Jonnin

Maybe by him coming out of a niteclub, he was percieved as being intoxicated and armed with a handgun....something set the cops off huh?

That's what I'm thinking. This guy has had multiple run-ins with the law, so I'm assuming he has a pretty beligerant attitude towards LEO. Sprinkle a little booze on top and I can see where that leads.... getting a new butthole stomped into you for resisting. I don't condone police brutality, but I sure as hell don't have sympathy for criminal scum when they get a good lumping.

So, having past "run-ins" with the police justify a beating?

Nowhere in the article does it say he was intoxicated or was there any evidence that he had imbibed, but "assume" all you like.

Based on the circumstances I'd say it's a safe bet there's more to the story. There always is. The fact that he's coming out of a night club suggests what the missing link is. I've been to many clubs and most folks drink there. Plus, based on his history I'd say he doesn't make very good life choices. There is enough to believe that there is more than just cops picking on some poor guy.

• Like 2

Based on the circumstances I'd say it's a safe bet there's more to the story. There always is. The fact that he's coming out of a night club suggests what the missing link is. I've been to many clubs and most folks drink there. Plus, based on his history I'd say he doesn't make very good life choices. There is enough to believe that there is more than just cops picking on some poor guy.

You obviously have information the rest of us don't have then.

You obviously have information the rest of us don't have then.

Just his past run ins with law enforcement and the negligent death of his child coupled with leaving an establishment that exists to serve booze. Is it really so cut and dry to believe the cops just decided to pick one out of the lot to beat up? You know as well as I do that tapes don't tell the full story and neither does this article.

• Like 2

Just his past run ins with law enforcement and the negligent death of his child coupled with leaving an establishment that exists to serve booze. Is it really so cut and dry to believe the cops just decided to pick one out of the lot to beat up? You know as well as I do that tapes don't tell the full story and neither does this article.

Maybe not, but until the whole story is out, it appears that he was beaten by a bunch of thugs with badges and guns.

Edited by DaddyO

I'm sure the article does not cover everything. Maybe he was resistive and beligerant to the officers? Please do not refer to LEO's as "Thugs with Badges and Guns".......I take offense to that!

• Like 1

I'm sure the article does not cover everything. Maybe he was resistive and beligerant to the officers? Please do not refer to LEO's as "Thugs with Badges and Guns".......I take offense to that!

You assume a lot. I don't consider all cops thugs, but there are some who fit that description. That is a fact.

Maybe he committed no crime at all. Seems to me that if he had, it would have said so in the article.

Edited by DaddyO