Would Jesus Carry?

I ran across this article at Townhalll.com by a guy named Doug Giles. I got a kick out of his take on the question of - Would Jesus Carry a Concealed Weapon? He has some other pro-gun articles as well.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/DougGiles/2008/03/01/would_christ_carry_a_concealed_weapon

The female caller, being far more spiritual than I am, didn’t think it was funny and went on to make it personal by asking if someone were attacking one of my daughters and I had a gun if I thought Christ would be cool with me killing the felonious freak. I told her that I sure hoped He would because otherwise He’d be terribly disappointed in me and would just have to forgive me. Common sense and primal instinct tell me that the bad guy should die and the good girl should live. Call me carnal.
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A well written article. As a pastor it confounds me the lack of understanding people have between God's grace and his wrath. You can not separate the two without making God something that he is not. I've always said that most people know just enough scripture to be dangerous.... you know what I'm sayin?

Guest grimel

What is there to think about?

Luke 22:36Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. "

God gave many of his creatures fangs, claws, and/or venom with which to defend themselves and hunt... he gave humans a brain with which to devise tools to suit this purpose. I need no further justification for using it.

Guest slothful1
What would Jesus Carry?:hyper:

Well, since He lived his whole life in Israel, I'm thinking something like an Uzi, or maybe a pair of Desert Eagles.

why would He carry when He could take care of anything with a snap of His finger, or just a thought....

Interesting though...

True, but it seems to me that he placed great value on doing things manually... being born and dying for instance, instead of snapping his fingers and granting salvation... so it would not surprise me if he would have taken the same approach with regards to defending himself... it being more real and personal that way.

I can't really argue either way though, since it's all speculation.

Guest GLOCKGUY
What is there to think about?

Luke 22:36Then said he unto them, "But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. "

this was the first thing that popped to my mind but in stead of a sword it would be a Glock :hyper:

Guest canynracer
Who?

ROFLMFAO!!!

You cant just do that stuff!!! LMAO...Coke came outta my nose on that one...it hurts!!!

We need to change the name of your shop to Eastside Guns and Keyboards

Im with Molon.God gives us the power,knowledge,and hands to create all things,so if someone tells me they need not to carry,Jesus will take care of them;I tell them that,and then say so in the end its you whom does not believe enough to see,and use Gods gifts.

Unfortunately were in the middle of the bible belt so these encounters come often from these "do gooders" that I despise as much as Democrats

Guest Engloid

Jesus didn't carry a sword, but he didn't speak badly of his followers that defended their religion, family, or land.

and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. "

big difference between owning and carrying.

I say no carry, why? He is the son of God. What the heck would he need a weapon for? We all have read the account of how it played out last time he was killed.