Sig 716

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had one for a short period of time. For the price I'd say its a decent deal, but like most Sig rifles at least IMO, there's always something left to be desired. Their pistols rock, but I've never really been that thrilled with any of their rifles. On the plus side the bolt is the same as LWRC's REPR bolt (made by the same company) so you can count on that being pretty good. They are mass produced guns so don't expect the attention to detail and rock solid feel that you would find on an LWRC, LaRue OBR, LMT, ect. I think you would be way happier in the long run with an LMT MWS or a POF for a couple hundred more, but it kinda depends on what you want to do with it as the Sig is lighter I believe. Just my $0.2

I had one for a short period of time. For the price I'd say its a decent deal, but like most Sig rifles at least IMO, there's always something left to be desired. Their pistols rock, but I've never really been that thrilled with any of their rifles. On the plus side the bolt is the same as LWRC's REPR bolt (made by the same company) so you can count on that being pretty good. They are mass produced guns so don't expect the attention to detail and rock solid feel that you would find on an LWRC, LaRue OBR, LMT, ect. I think you would be way happier in the long run with an LMT MWS or a POF for a couple hundred more, but it kinda depends on what you want to do with it as the Sig is lighter I believe. Just my $0.2

Thanks for the info, I'm AR stupid. I've been wanting a walnut stock m1a, so I think I will hold off.

Walnut stock Socom's are my favorite M1a...something about a rifle so crazy tough looking in a wood stock...lol Good luck either way. Maybe find someone around that has a Sig 716 and see if you can shoot it to see how you like it. I think the LMT is probably the best bang for the buck in the AR10 game. You can find them for 2300ish if you hunt around.

The socoms look cool, but I'm not big on rails everywhere. I don't necessarily want an AR10 style, just need to replace my saiga .308 that I sold awhile back. I've always liked the looks of the m1a but may just end up with a bolt action instead of a battle rifle. There is national match m1a in walnut at another dealer for a decent price, but I'm not sure on the upkeep.