Anyone been to Washington State

Guest Angel 24/7

Guest Angel 24/7

Allan's sister is stationed in Wash. We bought tickets to fly out their in July. She has been in Iraq for 6 months of the year they have been there.They are going for nine days. (Allan & Dakota).

Has anyone ever been out there? What are some cool things to do? Dakota wants to go see Mt St Helens & the Pacific Ocean. I don't know when the whales migrate? Oh, They will be south of Seattle.

Any info please let us know! thanks:D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever been out there?

Yes. Years ago. I have family that live on both sides of the mountain pass.

My sister lives in Seattle.

I would suggest the Aquarium, Space Needle, and the Fish Market where they throw the fish. When you fly in you'll see Mt. Reiner. ("The only Beer around here... is Mt. Reiner Beer!")

That is the only real things I can say to try and check out off hand. My trip was spent with family as well so that was the best part for me.

There are only two roads over the mountains, but if you happen to go over to the "other side" of the state... say like Wenatchee... then you'll see a totally different Washington. More open, and clear skies. A lot of the clouds and rain are kept back by the mountains.

On thing you will love, if your like me, is you'll be able to breath!!! LOL!!!

I never new my sinuses where so bad until I went there and could breath better! :D

Have a wonderful trip. If you see my sister... tell Mike said "hi". :tough:

I hope to take my family there in the next two years.

Guest Angel 24/7

Yeah, we new they didn't. Allan didn't want to take guns anyway. they have to under the plane & we aren't taking any chances of loosing them.

Creeky Thanks. I will put those on their list. Allan is an outdoors man he would love the open. the fish market Dakota would love he will be 12 in July.

Thanks again

Guest themark712

Drove up there while on vacation in Portland, OR one year. We just saw Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens, and they were both awesome.

When I visited there several years ago our hosts took us to a place called Deception Pass. I think is was where one of the rivers emptied out into the ocean. the view was incredible.

Mt St Helens was covered in clouds but the visitors center was cool

Never made it to the fish market..went shooting instead :-)