The Elephants and Donkeys deserve the BIRD

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

It's quite juvenile for you guys to keep insisting that people who don't agree with your ideas are defacto supporters of the candidate you dislike.

Unfortunately it's difficult for us to reply in kind as no one is producing 7 videos a day proclaiming that RP and GJ have no chance of accomplishing anything more spectacular than a fart in a hurricane.

But if someone does, I'll begin posting them religiously.

Will Mitt give him a spot at the podium? Why would he want to?

I don't see that putting RP on the platform is going to help Mit so why should he allow him the microphone?

RP is almost certainly not going to endorse Mit (even though his son has) and putting him on the stage isn't going to bring the Paulbots to Mit's camp...those who haven't drank the RP koolaid are smart enough to make up their own mind about who to vote for whether RP gets to speak at the convention or not....in other words, I see no positives for Mit and there could well be some potential downfall so he's better off ignoring RP as he really needs to put some speakers on who will fire up/energize those who are watching.

• Like 1
...It's quite juvenile for you guys to keep insisting that people who don't agree with your ideas are defacto supporters of the candidate you dislike.

I am pretty sure I never said I "didn't like" RP or Johnson or any of several other candidates and I don't recall anyone else saying so either.

What people don't like is that so many seem willing to vote for someone who has ZERO chance of winning and expelling the Communist from the White House.

If RP or someone like him were the R nominee I'd be voting for him but he isn't so I'm not; doesn't mean I don't like him and/or some or even most of his stands on the issues.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

I don't see that putting RP on the platform is going to help Mit so why should he allow him the microphone?

RP is almost certainly not going to endorse Mit (even though his son has) and putting him on the stage isn't going to bring the Paulbots to Mit's camp...those who haven't drank the RP koolaid are smart enough to make up their own mind about who to vote for whether RP gets to speak at the convention or not....in other words, I see no positives for Mit and there could well be some potential downfall so he's better off ignoring RP as he really needs to put some speakers on who will fire up/energize those who are watching.

You made my point.

I've always felt RP is looking out for himself and no one else, he didn't make an effort to rally the troops in Nebraska to gain those "so important" delegates that were going to knock Romney out of the election :lol: .

He knows he's done for but doesn't have the spine to help the Party and endorse Mitt.

Rick Santorum sucked it up because he, like most of us, sees how important it is to remove the lair-in-chief.

I am pretty sure I never said I "didn't like" RP or Johnson or any of several other candidates and I don't recall anyone else saying so either.

What people don't like is that so many seem willing to vote for someone who has ZERO chance of winning and expelling the Communist from the White House.

If RP or someone like him were the R nominee I'd be voting for him but he isn't so I'm not; doesn't mean I don't like him and/or some or even most of his stands on the issues.

I was not talking about Dr. Paul or Johnson and I don't live my life based on what other's think, say or do.

So again, it's quite juvenile for you guys to continue to say that we have to support the commie Romney if he is the R nominee. I will more than likely vote Johnson if he is and not look back.

Edited by sigmtnman
Guest ThePunisher

I was not talking about Dr. Paul or Johnson and I don't live my life based on what other's think, say or do.

So again, it's quite juvenile for you guys to continue to say that we have to support the commie Romney if he is the R nominee. I will more than likely vote Johnson if he is and not look back.

I'm not really sure you can recognize a commie when you see one and his Marxist policies. You must really odore Obama.

Oh, leave him alone. They're like obama-drones, their blinders won't let them see the big picture.

I'll tell ya something, I've been reading some old political books including Barry Goldwaters writings and I'm beginning to think we are in the Matrix.

I swear, the same or similar problems we are facing now were the same problems we had in the 60's. :stunned: No siht.

Assault weapons ban, Romney care, higher taxes and fees? Go ahead and argue about shades of gray if it makes you feel good about supporting him. Fear must be some motivator.

It's a fact he signed a ban on assault rifles, it's a fact he did Romney Care, it's a fact he raised taxes and it also a fact he raised fees on almost everything in his state.

---

So Keifer, you've gone from Paul-bot to obama-drone? Well, I reckon if it makes you feel better call me whatever you like.

Edited by sigmtnman
  • Like 2
Guest ThePunisher

Oh, leave him alone. They're like obama-drones, their blinders won't let them see the big picture.

I'll tell ya something, I've been reading some old political books including Barry Goldwaters writings and I'm beginning to think we are in the Matrix.

I swear, the same or similar problems we are facing now were the same problems we had in the 60's. :stunned: No siht.

The sixties were the good ole days. Yeah, I remember them well.

The sixties were the good ole days. Yeah, I remember them well.

I think it went askew with FDR but Johnson doubled down. Lets say for giggles Ron Paul was elected President in place of LBJ. Wouldn't the world be a different place now :rofl: Who knows..... an Agent probably would have taken him out anyway. :ph34r:

Except that Romney isn't a commie; he's a capitalist. He isn't conservative enough or libertarian enough for you...I get that...but that doesn't make him a commie. The only commie in this race is Obama who proves his communist beliefs by his actions almost every single day.

I'm not saying we have to support Romney because he is the Republican nominee, I'm saying we should support Romney because he is the only candidate with a legitimate shot at beating Obama; that fact that he happens to be the Republican nominee is very secondary. I stated in another thread that if someone could show me a candidate who is better than Romney and can truly beat Obama I'd be happy to support him/her; so far no one has shown me anybody who meets the criteria.

Assault weapons ban, Romney care, higher taxes and fees? Go ahead and argue about shades of gray if it makes you feel good about supporting him. Fear must be some motivator.

Assault Weapons Ban: Funny you should bring that up. Last February I was at the 2A Freedom Conference in Columbus Ohio which was done in conjunction with the Buckeye Firearms Association's annual meeting/banquet. At the table I was sitting at for the banquet every single person except me had Ron Paul button on. The talk naturally turned to politics and I asked how they liked their current governor, Kasich...they had nothing but good things to say about him. I thought that was odd and I said so...you see, back in 1982 I lived in Columbus and then candidate Kasich was going door to door to try and unseat a very long-time house Democrat; while he was shaking my hand I asked him his stand on gun control laws and the second amendment - he said he would never support or vote for any legislation that would infringe on our second amendment rights. Sounded really good....really good. A year or so later after he had won the election, guess what he voted for? The "Assault Weapons Ban"...when I pointed that out to the RP button wearers it didn't seem to bother them which seemed pretty odd given what the banquet was about.

Of course, I can't prove it but I at least suspect that if Kasich were the Republican nominee this year there would be a lot of people who would be just fine voting for him and forget all about his Assault Weapon Ban vote (not to mention the fact that he was willing to lie about to those, like me, when he was seeking our vote). I'd probably vote for him to but I'll never forget or forgive him his lie to me.

Romney care: Did you just a day or two ago sort of take me to school on "states rights"? I abhor the whole concept of forcing people to have health insurance if they don't want it but if a state wants to mandate that everyone have health insurance don't they have the right to do so based on the concept of states rights?

Taxes: Did he personally propose such himself or did him simply sign the bills/allow them happen? I think knowing would make a difference. I don't believe that Romney on his worst day would increase taxes one one-thousandth as much as Obama...maybe that's a poor reason for being "for" someone but it is...what you classify as "fear" I call it coming to a conclusion based on reason and logic.

I guess we just see things differently. :)

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

... he really needs to put some speakers on who will fire up/energize those who are watching.

I guess that doesn't include Sarah Palin. I can't name one individual that can fire up the base more than Palin, and the Romney camp doesn't even invite her to Tampa. Seriously, wtf? Between throwing Condi's name out there as a possible VP choice and now snubbing Palin, Romney isn't looking too impressive to me. Romney better get his s**t together. If he keeps jabbing at conservatives he will lose the election. Fear of an Obama second term will only take him so far.

I guess that doesn't include Sarah Palin. I can't name one individual that can fire up the base more than Palin, and the Romney camp doesn't even invite her to Tampa. Seriously, wtf? Between throwing Condi's name out there as a possible VP choice and now snubbing Palin, Romney isn't looking too impressive to me. Romney better get his s**t together. If he keeps jabbing at conservatives he will lose the election. Fear of an Obama second term will only take him so far.

I believe Glen Beck nailed it this morning one of Romney's strengths is that he is careful and tends to not make mistakes; the other side of that coin is that he generally isn't "bold".

Selecting Sara for VP was truly a bold move by McCain (he and his handlers screwed up the opportunity but that's beside the point)...I agree, snubbing her this time may or may not be smart but it certainly isn't bold and he (and we) need some bold.

Guest 6.8 AR

Of course the media took care of that, mav. God bless the media. Don't say her name too much around here. I

never understood it but some of these folks never figured out how strong she is, not being the typical politician.

That woman showed more character in her brief run at politics than almost every other politician in the last thirty

years and very few understand why.