Slidefire Stock question

UncleJak

I have been seeing these slidefire stocks more and more. It looks like something I might like but I am unsure. I must be a dummy because I do not understand how they work. Can someone break it down for me in idiot language?

They are neat...untill you realize you've gone through 6 mags in less than 30 seconds. Mike.357 has bump fired his AK by hand just about as fast as I've see these things work. For the price of them and the expense of the ammo you COULD put down range for fun, it isn't worth it for me. These days, my ammo isn't worth wasting if I can help it.

Edited by kwe45919

Yeah, I'm still waiting to see one of the members here do a review on a slide fire with a .22 upper. That is what is keeping me from picking it up. I'm not burning down all that 5.56, but .22 would a hoot.

A Slide Fire won't work on a standard AR with a .22 upper or a .22 conversion bolt.

The gun is too heavy to allow the recoil you need to operate it properly.

However.....

I put one on a S&W M&P 15-22.

I read that some people had great success using the stock trigger, however mine didn't work with the stock trigger.

Installed a Timney 3lb. drop in unit and it works flawlessly!!!

Talk about fun to shoot!!!

Going to shoot it again on Sunday and will post some video of it.

A Slide Fire won't work on a standard AR with a .22 upper or a .22 conversion bolt.

The gun is too heavy to allow the recoil you need to operate it properly.

However.....

I put one on a S&W M&P 15-22.

I read that some people had great success using the stock trigger, however mine didn't work with the stock trigger.

Installed a Timney 3lb. drop in unit and it works flawlessly!!!

Talk about fun to shoot!!!

Going to shoot it again on Sunday and will post some video of it.

Thanks for the review! I had seen vids online with a .22 upper, but wasn't sure if the gun was tuned for it. Looks like I'll be in the market for an upper when the gun fund is back up. I had a FA .22 with a suppressor on a deployment years ago and it was awesome... just hard to find food for it there. Always wanted something similar here.

Took my S&W M&P 15-22 with Slide Fire Stock out the the range yesterday.

It worked great!!!!

Here is a quick video of it in action.

http://youtu.be/NTWSAf1DOs4

Very cool! Was that over at CHMR? I had seen a guy over there with one, but talking to him he said Charlie wouldn't allow them. Maybe he has to know/trust you a bit better than the casual shooter?

A friend has one (AR version) and let me play with it. My opinion... it's a fantastically fun way to waste someone else's ammo. I was never able to pull off a full mag dump, it got away too fast. About 10 rd bursts were all I could manage and keep it on target (sort of).

Took my S&W M&P 15-22 with Slide Fire Stock out the the range yesterday.

It worked great!!!!

Here is a quick video of it in action.

[media=]

[/media]

YEAH, I think I seen you the other day. Were you there with your daughter recently? That really sprays the hot brass all over the place. On the ground. The benches next you. A couple down my collar before I managed to get up. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by Caster

YEAH, I think I seen you the other day. Were you there with your daughter recently? That really sprays the hot brass all over the place. On the ground. The benches next you. A couple down my collar before I managed to get up. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, my daughter was with me. A friend of mine and his son were there with us. Had a great time shooting. It was the first time I had been to CHMR. Charlie is a nice guy and the range is set up well. Sorry about the brass down your back.

Edited by Retired Navy GMC