So I Took My Range Officer

krunchnik

Into a local gun shop to find out how much dinero it would bring on a trade for something different,I shouldn't even have wasted my time.A brand new in the case Springfield priced at nearly $900.00 was worth over double of what they offered me,yes-thats right,my gently used RO would only fetch me $400.00,not even enough of a trade for a quality 22 LR,I realize that they have overhead and have to make money :2cents: ,but less than half of new,and to boot was willing to trade for a pistol that they had in stock.Oh well I guess they didn't really need my business,its probably been so busy they dont need mine.And whats truly surprising :stunned: is the fact that right now Sprinfields are supposed to be hard to find.Must be because the model I have is just junk or something like that. :ugh:

Guest nowheretobefound

Never try and do an equitable trade at a "gun store". Use classifieds on gun forums, 1911 forums and get what its worth from someone that's looking for what you have.

There are very few gun shops that have given me a value I agreed with on my firearms. Guns and Leather gave me a fair value on my Ruger P95 once upon a time, and D&T gave me a fair value on my Ruger SP101 other than that I have always been shocked by what they offered to give me.

You are also paying for that handling convenience when you trade directly with a gun shop. You don't have to worry about advertising her gun, communicating with a buyer and meeting up with him or her. What is best is when you have a buddy that wants to buy your gun. I've got a G22 that I've thought about trading in for something else, but I just never have because I know I would take a beating on it. There are so many G22s out there on the market, with police trade ins and all, that I would not expect a gun shop to give me much for it.

I am sort of surprised at the price they gave you on a Springfield RO. Those are nice and it is not like they are everywhere.

You are also paying for that handling convenience when you trade directly with a gun shop. You don't have to worry about advertising her gun, communicating with a buyer and meeting up with him or her. What is best is when you have a buddy that wants to buy your gun. I've got a G22 that I've thought about trading in for something else, but I just never have because I know I would take a beating on it. There are so many G22s out there on the market, with police trade ins and all, that I would not expect a gun shop to give me much for it.

I am sort of surprised at the price they gave you on a Springfield RO. Those are nice and it is not like they are everywhere.

Yeh,I am kinda puzzled at the low ball price also,even another $100.00 might have swayed my decision.I was wanting to trade for a Ruger Single Six in 22lr stainless.He asked how much I would like to get for my RO,I told him even up for the Ruger would be good,he simply said that there was no way,$400.00 is the best they can do-kinda rudely I might add.

Guest bulluck533

A fair offer for a gun store would be around 600- $625. They sale new aroun $780. Not including tax. But 400 is a rip off.