New Frontier Armory polymer lower...

reed1285

Just ordered one from JoeBob Outfitters for 45 bucks. 52 with shipping. Did some research and everybbody seems to like them pretty well. So I figured I would try one out. If I dont like it I havent lost much. Looking forward to getting in it and checking it out.

After I ordered it, I got to thinking about how I wanted to build this rifle. I decided I am gonna build the ultimate budget ar. Its always asked on this forum how cheap an ar can be had for, well Im gonna find out. Right now for the upper im thinking DSA. A complete DSA upper (minus BCG and charging handle) can usually be had for less than 300 bucks. Anybody know of one cheaper let me know. And on top of that, after it gets built Im gonna put it through its paces right off the bat, to find out how reliable the ultimate cheap ar will be. Stay tuned as I will update this thread with pics and progress of the build.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you just cost me $52 for my lightweight AR build.

I honestly think it is worth it to take a chance on it.

Dolomite

Yeah same here. I have high hopes for it. For 52 bucks, cant beat that with a stick

When you find that cheap upper let me know. Iam looking to build something cheap to use as a truck gun.

DSA has a upper assembly right now for 240 bucks. Its a 16" standard carbine upper. That does not include the BCG or charging handle. So far this is the cheapest upper I have found. I have shot a complete DSA ar before and I have complete trust in their stuff. Its american made too, on top of being so affordable. Its probably gonna be what I go with for my ultimate budget ar build.

They are 7.2 ounces lighter than a standard lower. So I should be able to drop the total weight of the rifle to 4 pounds 13 ounces before the forearm. Then a rifle length forearm will add 9 ounces bringing the total to 5 pounds 6 ounces.

For an optics it will be a Burris Fast Fire or maybe irons, depending on what will be lighter. Any way you shake it the gun will be under 6 pounds in firing condition.

Dolomite

Just ordered one from JoeBob Outfitters for 45 bucks. 52 with shipping. Did some research and everybbody seems to like them pretty well. So I figured I would try one out. If I dont like it I havent lost much. Looking forward to getting in it and checking it out.

After I ordered it, I got to thinking about how I wanted to build this rifle. I decided I am gonna build the ultimate budget ar. Its always asked on this forum how cheap an ar can be had for, well Im gonna find out. Right now for the upper im thinking DSA. A complete DSA upper (minus BCG and charging handle) can usually be had for less than 300 bucks. Anybody know of one cheaper let me know. And on top of that, after it gets built Im gonna put it through its paces right off the bat, to find out how reliable the ultimate cheap ar will be. Stay tuned as I will update this thread with pics and progress of the build.

I've heard good things about them as well. Also, over on Slickguns.com, they've already got something going using this lower receiver building an AR-15 for less than $500 shipped.

http://slickguns.com/product/build-affordable-ar-15-less-485

Updated - Quick and inexpensive entry level AR15 build. No tools or skills needed. Order this New Frontier Armory Complete Polymer Lower for $98.95 shipped. You will need to have this lower shipped to your FFL and they will charge a transfer fee for this service. Next, order on of these complete uppers, they start at $364.99 + S/H. You will also need at least one magazine, with free shipping this Magpul Pmag for $12 will do great. And that's about it, complete and fully functional AR-15 for well under $500 including shipping and possibly transfer fees.

For sights, go with the basic carry handle for $25 shipped.

UTG Quad-Rail upgrade for $39.95 shipped

For Complete AR Rifles, Uppers, Lowers, AR Parts and Ammunition check out our AR Deals page

I like my Frontier poly lower.

100_4187.jpg

o

100_4195.jpg

Dolomite.......why haven't you consider the Frontier poly lower? Especially since you had seen mine and tweaked the trigger.......The lower is sitting in the closet if you want to "borrow" it for the weight comparison thing, especially since it's a complete lower. It's not doing anthing but waiting on me to get off my butt and get it another Upper, that ain't happenin' anytime to soon. If you want it, holler at me.

Edited by kwe45919