Kudos For ProFlowers

First of all, I'm having a hard time determining weather I'm more p!$$ed at myself, or UPS. Boy! If I could have reached through the phone.:D

I ordered Mother's Day flowers from ProFlowers.com, and they were supposed to be delivered today. After realizing my Mother had not yet received the flowers, which were being shipped via UPS, I thought it would be a good idea to check the tracking number. While checking the number, I noticed a few notes on the account. Both stated that a correct street number was needed. Of course, I then realized my dumb a$$ mixed up 2 numbers of shipping address. I could ring my own neck about now.

After noticing my error, I got UPS on the phone. This is when my blood began to boil. I explained the situation to the "not so helpful" guy on the other end, but he couldn't accomplish much, other than being a complete smart a$$. I questioned the fact that they had requested 2 phone numbers (mine and my mothers) when filling out the UPS shipping information, yet, when they attempted to deliver the flowers (two times), no one bothered calling either one of the phone numbers listed. According to the jerk at UPS, "It's not their job". OK, so maybe it's not in their job description to pick up the phone to fix my mistake, but what about customer service? Would it have been too much to ask, for a simple 5 second phone call? Hell, the driver was on the very street my parents live on.

The UPS guy on the phone said, "The drivers don't have phones to make those type of calls". But what about after he brought the flowers back to the UPS terminal? To me, it would have been smarter if they had picked up the phone, rather than sending the flowers out for a second trip, all while not having the correct address. Now the 2 dozen flowers and vase will sit in the UPS terminal, and die.

Now for the Kudo's! I could not be happier with ProFlowers. I called them with the story of my mistake, and the lady couldn't have been sweeter. Of course it's too late for the flowers to make it in time for Mother's Day, but proFlowers is going to re-ship the 2 dozen flowers and vase, and no extra cost. That's right! They're not going to charge me a second time. It will be Tuesday before my Mother gets her flowers, but what can I expect.

This was the first time using ProFlowers, but I can promise you one thing, it won't be my last.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest grimel

After noticing my error, I got UPS on the phone. This is when my blood began to boil. I explained the situation to the "not so helpful" guy on the other end, but he couldn't accomplish much, other than being a complete smart a$$. I questioned the fact that they had requested 2 phone numbers (mine and my mothers) when filling out the UPS shipping information, yet, when they attempted to deliver the flowers (two times), no one bothered calling either one of the phone numbers listed. According to the jerk at UPS, "It's not their job". OK, so maybe it's not in their job description to pick up the phone to fix my mistake, but what about customer service? Would it have been too much to ask, for a simple 5 second phone call? Hell, the driver was on the very street my parents live on.

The UPS guy on the phone said, "The drivers don't have phones to make those type of calls". But what about after he brought the flowers back to the UPS terminal? To me, it would have been smarter if they had picked up the phone, rather than sending the flowers out for a second trip, all while not having the correct address. Now the 2 dozen flowers and vase will sit in the UPS terminal, and die.

The drivers don't have TIME to make such calls. Call the local terminal desk. Ask for a supervisor. You'll get better results.

I have had excellent experience with UPS in similar situations. One time I missed a delivery that required a signature by about ten minutes. When I called the number on the call tag, the customer service lady gave me the driver's personal cell-phone number, and I called him and met him at his next stop.

I'm sorry to hear they wouldn't extend the same courtesy to you, customer service is a dying practice.

The drivers don't have TIME to make such calls. Call the local terminal desk. Ask for a supervisor. You'll get better results.

Yea, I know it was my mistake that caused all this, but having a similar type of job, I would have (and do) taken the few seconds to solve the issue. The company and I are both very customer service oriented, and I made the mistake of thinking that everyone was the same.

I have had excellent experience with UPS in similar situations. One time I missed a delivery that required a signature by about ten minutes. When I called the number on the call tag, the customer service lady gave me the driver's personal cell-phone number, and I called him and met him at his next stop.

I'm sorry to hear they wouldn't extend the same courtesy to you, customer service is a dying practice.

I've used UPS several times, and this was the first bad experience I've had with them. In most cases it wouldn't have been such a big deal, but being fresh flowers for Mother's Day, I was really mad. Again, it was ultimately my mistake, so I can't be too upset with UPS.