iver johnsons 410 champion

Guest adamparker86

Guest adamparker86

I have tryd to find out a little about this gun to no avail has anyone ever heard of them. also would like to know what its worth im not looking to sell but would like to know. that being said I hope this topic doesnt get me in trouble.. I saw the whats my gun worth topic and dont want to get flagged

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest adamparker86

i seem somthing on the net saying they where made between 1880 & 1910 but ut could be wrong.. this gun looks amazing the blueung is near perfect

If it is that old and the bluing is actually blue then it may have been refinished. In the times when those were made rust bluing was the most common way to finish a gun. And it would result, as the name inplies, a rust colored brown color not blue.

Next time you are at a show look at some of the older guns and you will see what I am talking about. Those guns are not rusty, they have the proper finish for a gun that is 100+ years old.

Dolomtie

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
Guest adamparker86

from what ive been told my buddies grandfather(original owner} kept it in a gun sock in the safe said its never been reblued but who knows.. my only concern is that the lever you push to beeak the gun open to reload it wiggles

Guest adamparker86

but it seems to function fine the guy i got it from said it was like that since he was a kid and always worked fine.. is there a possible quick fix. for this such as maybe tighting a bolt?

Guest adamparker86

i would also like to thank you dolomite i know you have helped my on a afew other posts and you seem to have good knowlege of firearms and been alotta help

That is what we are gathered on this board for, to help each other out.

I wish I new more about your shotgun but I have never really been a shotgun kind of guy. From a very early age I learned to shoot rifles and was pretty good at it. So for me a shotgun wasn't precise enough for me.

I have always owned a shotgun and currently own one but I do not use them for hunting.

Dolomite

Guest motonut

I just plain enjoy blasting the bejeezes out of stuff with shotguns! We have alot of thistle weeds on the farm and I will go around shooting them down verses just whacking them with something. :stick:

What, you don't have any Carpenter Bees around??