Why not OC?

Guest Springfield1911guy

I'm not looking for a fight or argument, just some honest opinions.

My honest opinion: Don't OC in a metro area or other big city. Small towns that are not influenced by the big cities, have at it

Edited by Garufa

I'm not looking for a fight or argument, just something I was wondering and curious about. Why does that have to lead to a fight?

Yeah man, it's just how it goes. These threads usually end up with someone talking about how stupid it is to OC or how CCers are rolling over for the libs; most likely because their wittle feelings get hurt. Then we throw jokes back and forth until it gets locked or a new OC thread is posted.

You had a valid question. I did my best to give you a thoughtful answer before it all devolved into chaos.

Guest kcb37

I carry both ways. I live in Clarksville, and don't go to much anywhere but my mom and dads house, the east side of Nashville. Nowone around or atleast that would care.

In Clarksville I have walked all around Kroger no problem, gas stations, think Lowes and Home Depot. usually I do cover it, not real well, but covered.

I see this arguement both ways. Yeah people can get scared whatever. You can leave or educate them, etc....

Covered how do you get to your weapon? I don't care what anyone says, it's not an easy draw. Open so long as you open carry (if you will correctly) all you have to do is grab and pull.

Yes covered no one knows, you have suprise, but if you can't draw you get dead. Open, most crimials are to scared to have to work, they see a gun, they will look elsewhere. If not well you can draw and kill them for being stupid.

Just me. Both are good in their own way, but I would like to see how well all of you CC can draw quickly. Clothes get in the way period.

Guest 270win

I see no reason to open carry in Memphis, especially downtown. The Communist Appeal has brainwashed the population downtown into being scared of guns and stick up legal or non legal signs to prohibit guns.

Guest ab28

I carry both ways. I live in Clarksville, and don't go to much anywhere but my mom and dads house, the east side of Nashville. Nowone around or atleast that would care.

In Clarksville I have walked all around Kroger no problem, gas stations, think Lowes and Home Depot. usually I do cover it, not real well, but covered.

I see this arguement both ways. Yeah people can get scared whatever. You can leave or educate them, etc....

Covered how do you get to your weapon? I don't care what anyone says, it's not an easy draw. Open so long as you open carry (if you will correctly) all you have to do is grab and pull.

Yes covered no one knows, you have suprise, but if you can't draw you get dead. Open, most crimials are to scared to have to work, they see a gun, they will look elsewhere. If not well you can draw and kill them for being stupid.

Just me. Both are good in their own way, but I would like to see how well all of you CC can draw quickly. Clothes get in the way period.

I can draw pretty quick from under a Tshirt, it just takes practice, like anything else. Take an advanced concealed carry class from some of the instructors around here. It will be an eye opener. I can draw and put two rounds on an index card at 7 yards in less than 2 seconds, and I consider myself average.

I can draw pretty quick from under a Tshirt, it just takes practice, like anything else. Take an advanced concealed carry class from some of the instructors around here. It will be an eye opener. I can draw and put two rounds on an index card at 7 yards in less than 2 seconds, and I consider myself average.

But is the index card shooting back? :shrug:

And the poker analogy is a cute one, but not entirely accurate. Again the "advantage of surprise" comes in doing the unexpected, not in hiding a gun you're going to have trouble getting to without telegraphing your intentions.

The advantage of surprise shifts to the bad guy when he knows you have a gun. How are you going to surprise someone when they already know you have a gun? You're leaving yourself open to an en prise attack. (Since you didn't like my poker analogy, let's try one with chess.) :pleased: Just having a little fun...

Edited by jgradyc

No but in 2 seconds I don't think the bad guy new what hit him . And put him down by surprise

. No but in 2 seconds I don't think the bad guy new what hit him . And put him down by surprise

Mine works, almost as well as my crappy Glock. Needless to say, I don't need a knife. A .45 is a death ray.

Bah, don't cloud the facts with anecdotal evidence. The Internet told me 3 inch 1911s don't work!

Guest ab28

Well, no, but the BG is gonna be closer than 7 yards, and I am going to be shooting him a lot more than twice.

But was the index card shooting back? :shrug:

No but in 2 seconds I don't think the bad guy knew what hit him . And put him down by surprise

Well of course - I wouldn't expect any less. :eek:

NOTICE TO BAD GUYS: From here on out your everyday street punk dress code will be modified to include a standard 3X5 index card, in contrasting color, to be placed appropriately, in order to facilitate target acquisition by law abiding citizens! This is a mandatory and permanent modification, NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS MANDATORY WARDROBE MODIFICATION WILL BE TOLERATED!!! :bat:

There, that should do the trick!

:hiding: