Walmart selling Colt AR's

Mike's Gun Shop

Three locations. The one in Tazewell is by far the biggest with the largest selection under one roof. And when you walk in you thing "that is a big selection" then he proceeds to tell you 2/3's are in his basement. He has the widest selection of guns I have evet heard of. If you are looking for that Ruger that was only made in 1997 and there were only 100 examples Mike will walk downstairs and get it. I have seen several customers come in and say "I have been looking for ever for XXX" then Mike goes and gets one from down stairs.

Mike is one of the nicest guys you will meet. He is also very knowledgeable without being overbearing like a lot of people who work in gun shops. He is also willing to deal and haggle, expecially if you are spending a lot of money with him.

I picked up my Ruger 22 pistol for exactly what Bud's charges. My wife's LC9 was $30 cheaper than anyone on the net.

Dolomite

I went to the one in Tazewell and it seemed like a small store to me. Is there another part of the store I was missing? I don't doubt you on the prices though. They are definitely competitive, and the ladies there are really nice gals too. I heard the store in Kentucky was pretty good though. I haven't made the drive there yet.

On another note, I went to Benton Shooters in Benton, TN last week. It's by far one of the nicest (and largest) gun stores in East Tennessee. The entire backside of the store is completely lined with long guns. I think I seen three walls full of them. Lots of AR's, shotguns, .22's, and everything else you can fathom. They also have another side of the store with lots and lots of handguns. The selection is HUGE. They also have a big selection of AR accessories, along with hunting accessories. And lots of ammo too. I only checked the gun prices on a couple weapons. They seemed to be in line with other gun stores. I was there just to grab a couple accessories. The person behind the counter was extremely helpful.

They also had a dressed up Rock River AR that really caught my eye. I had to get out of there before I decided I had to have it :leaving:

The Walmart in Alcoa, TN has had AR's for a good while now. The last time I checked they were Bushmaster's. I will check again the next time I visit. It's been a while since the last time I shopped there.

Edited by Seabeejason
Guest Aces&8s

The Wal-Marts in Colonial Heights and North Johnson City both carry ARs now. Haven't seen a Colt yet, but they do have S&W, Bushmaster, and DPMS guns. JC has had a Sig once... and it didn't last long. The one in CH also started carrying some holsters and AR accessories: rails, pistol grips, forearms, slings and adapters, etc. They even had a really nice looking O/U shotgun... couldn't see the make on it, but it was a lot nicer than I expected to see at Wally-World.

I like to support my local shops, but if money is tight, I go where the deals are. WM is not about to start carrying pistols again, so I do not think the days of the LGS are coming to an end, either. I have bought a few guns from Wal-Mart over the years: my Remi 597, a Savage 110, and an H&R shotgun or two. My wife thinks it must make me feel important to have the manager stop whatever he is doing and follow me through the store carrying my purchase... like the big game hunter with his rifle bearer :pleased:

All the Clarksville wal-marts had at least 1-3 Colts in stock while I was looking. I inquired about ordering one if they had sold before I made the trip for one. The manager stated that each store (at least our area) was only allotted so many of them (in this case the colt) and that a special order was not available. He was able to give an estimation on when they would recieve their next colt. The way he made it sound though was that each store was only allotted so many of each brand, not sure if there is anything behind that though.