Judge Revokes Zimmerman's Bond - Gives Him 48 Hours To Surrender

This is the most interesting part to me -

"What's occurring, unfortunately, are cases are being tried in the public sector as opposed to in the courtroom," De La Rionda said. "We are in a new age with Twitter, Facebook, and all these things I've never heard of before in my career. Everybody gets to find out intimate details about witnesses that never occurred before. Witnesses are going to be reluctant to get involved."

A consortium of more than a dozen media groups, including The Associated Press, asked the judge to ignore the request, saying such records are presumed to be publicly available under Florida law.

Guest 6.8 AR

Like Rush said today, social justice, and it's certainly

not blind. More about money and racism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I am wrong, but folks didn't start donating to the Zimmerman defense fund until after Zimmerman was actually charged and arrest right? if so then at his bond hearing Zimmerman probably had no clue as to how many donations would come pouring in, I fail to see how there is "fraud" in stating that they were broke at the time?

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong, but folks didn't start donating to the Zimmerman defense fund until after Zimmerman was actually charged and arrest right? if so then at his bond hearing Zimmerman probably had no clue as to how many donations would come pouring in, I fail to see how there is "fraud" in stating that they were broke at the time?

it would be difficult to guess the amount necessary to provide him with a reasonable defense.

Guest 6.8 AR

What difference would it make when justice is what's

being sought? Rhetorical question.

The judge needed an excuse to further the atrocity

being executed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way I got it, Zimmerman had the money at his bond hearing, but didn't tell his lawyer about it. I'm not surprised by the ruling. I got the story from his law firm.

Yeah, I thought that was old news. It came out shortly after he was released. The talking heads said this might happen; like the day the story broke. Looks like it did.

I hope that justice is served for the atrocity that has been committed. But I don’t see how holding Zimmerman in jail is the right thing to do. There have been creditable and public threats made on his life by a group that both the state and the Justice Department is refusing to act on. To throw him in jail because you think he has more money than he said he had, is ridiculous. If it’s shown that he perjured himself that will do enough damage to him.

Guest 6.8 AR

We'd all like to see justice done. He did evidently have more money from the original site, but I don't remember if there was any

accounting, and how much was already going to go for attorney's fees. The judge was out of bounds revoking his bail. That is

purely political, or maybe they want to soak him of any money so he can't afford a defense, so the real racists can have their way.

Anyway, how does his bail have anything to do with the fact that he was acting appropriately throughout the whole situation, so far?

Same dance, different ball. More crap from the racists.

Unless that money was actually transfered into Zimmerman's bank account or physically placed in his hand I see no way for there to have been any fraud on Zimmerman's part.

Someone could tell me that they raised X amount of money to help pay my legal fee's but until that money is under my direct control I would be increadibly stupid to claim any ownership of it.

I bet that Judge gets all excited & rushes down to the IRS to file an admend tax return as soon as he recieves one of those "Pardon me sir, I am a Prince from Nigeria and need your help with transfering my ten million dollar inheritance into your bank account" emails.

• Like 1

Here I am thinking that bail was only supposed to be enough to make the defendant show up for his day in court? How does a defense fund setup and seems to be controlled by his attorney going to encourage him not to show up for the trial?

• Like 2

Here I am thinking that bail was only supposed to be enough to make the defendant show up for his day in court? How does a defense fund setup and seems to be controlled by his attorney going to encourage him not to show up for the trial?

The judge said why in the hearing. Zimmerman withheld information, and was dishonest with the judge. I don't blame the judge for spanking him.

He'll probably be given another chance to post bond within the next few days.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk 2

That's what his attorney said. I watched the original bond hearing. The pitch was that he was flat broke (when he was really sitting on over 100 grand). It will be interesting to see the amount of the new bond. Lying to a judge is real stupid.

• Like 1

The pitch was that he was flat broke (when he was really sitting on over 100 grand).

Zimmerman WAS broke. His attorney had access to the money, Zimmerman does not. The second passport is more of an issue. I'll be interested to hear what the actual facts of that are. So far, everything I've heard from normal media sources has been 50% wrong.

• Like 1

Zimmerman WAS broke. His attorney had access to the money, Zimmerman does not. The second passport is more of an issue. I'll be interested to hear what the actual facts of that are. So far, everything I've heard from normal media sources has been 50% wrong.

Quote:

Lester appeared angry that the court had not been told about the money.

"Does your client get to sit there like a potted palm and let you lead me down the primrose path?" he asked Zimmerman's lawyer. "That's the issue."