Falling Skies

Guest Victor9er

Guest Victor9er

http://www.fallingskies.com/

Has anyone seen this? Is it any good? Looks like an alien version of Walking Dead.

I remember seeing something about it, then somehow I must have missed the entire first season... I didn't realise it had started lol. Looks like season two is about to start up... maybe I should pick up season 1 on DVD to catch up. Spielberg is involved, I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz about this yet.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Victor9er

Victor, where have you been brother?

This show rocks :rock:

I've been under those rocks apparently!! :lol:

I don't know, I remember seeing some previews about the show before it came out, then somehow I must have missed it, all I keep hearing about is Walking Dead instead, and I didn't realise season 1 had come and gone! I think I'll go pick it up on DVD and try to get caught up before season 2 starts.

Edit:

Looks like Season 1 comes out on the 5th

sweet! :up:

Edited by Victor9er

It actually is pretty good. Pretty much typical resistance fighers after the invasion scenerio, but the characterizations are good, and a neat twist on the alien(s) invaders. My wife even watched it and proclaimed it "not too bad."

For her...that's high praise. She's not really a scifi fan. :stunned:

Guest Victor9er

is it back on? did I miss something?

Season 1 comes out on Blu-Ray/DVD June 5th, Season 2 kicks off on the 17th, so right around the corner.

Sounds like it's a winner, I can't wait to start watching it now!

:cheers:

Guest Lester Weevils

My locality comcast on-demand currently lists episodes 100, 101, 102, 103, 108, and 109 as available to watch. Thats not all of them but at least its "free" if you have comcast on demand. Wouldn't be surprised if they run a marathon of the last season before season 2 comes on.

Guest Victor9er

My locality comcast on-demand currently lists episodes 100, 101, 102, 103, 108, and 109 as available to watch. Thats not all of them but at least its "free" if you have comcast on demand. Wouldn't be surprised if they run a marathon of the last season before season 2 comes on.

Ah, why didn't i think of that? Yes I do have comcast on demand. I can at least check out the first 3 or 4 episodes till Tuesday when the DVD comes out. If I like it enough I can go ahead and just get the DVD then and watch the rest. Thanks!

Guest Lester Weevils

I don't watch many TV shows and have trouble remembering to watch a series unless it happens to be on sunday night which is about the only night I can reliably remember to un-mute the idiot box. So a few of the recent series I had to watch on demand forgetting to tune in the show when it came on. Watched most of Sons of Anarchy and a few others a day or two late on demand.

Some of the on demand replays of certain shows, lock out fast-forward so you have to let all the commercials run in order to watch it. I think they had Falling Skies locked thataway. Dunno if the companies unlock em months or a year later after it isn't such a "hot property" for earning every penny of ad revenue.

The one thing I didn't like was casting bullets from the alien metal. Any metal that can do that kind of damage cannot be cast from an open heat source in a conventional bullet mold. Also, alien or not, the laws of physics are undeniable. NO projectile will penetrate and do that much damage from a handgun. :rolleyes: I mean come on, at least TRY to keep things believable.

TNT has already started round 1 of the reruns, but have no fear. They will start again from the beginning on June 8th at 11:30p Central with Live and Learn.

They are playing a new episode every night and will be playing Silent Kill tonight at 11:30p Central. The time of each episode varies from 11:00p central to 12:30a central. Presumably, Eight Hours will play right before the season premier of Season 2, but my TiVo guide doesn't reach that far into the future.

The correct episode order is as follows:

Live and Learn

The Armory

Prisoner of War

Grace

Silent Kill

Sanctuary 1

Sanctuary 2

What Hides Beneath

Mutiny

Eight Hours

TNT has already started round 1 of the reruns, but have no fear. They will start again from the beginning on June 8th at 11:30p Central with Live and Learn.

They are playing a new episode every night and will be playing Silent Kill tonight at 11:30p Central. The time of each episode varies from 11:00p central to 12:30a central. Presumably, Eight Hours will play right before the season premier of Season 2, but my TiVo guide doesn't reach that far into the future.

The correct episode order is as follows:

Live and Learn

The Armory

Prisoner of War

Grace

Silent Kill

Sanctuary 1

Sanctuary 2

What Hides Beneath

Mutiny

Eight Hours

All but a couple seem to be on Comcast On Demand.

If you do search instead of going directly to "TV Series" or "TNT", it finds more of them, for some reason.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest Scramasax

One of the better AI shows. Good group of actors. Remember film is only reality and enjoy the story and not the details. I have it programed to automatically record on my box. Wouldn't remember otherwise.

Cheers,

ts