10/22 Takedown - best deal in TN???

I'm interested in the 10/22 takedown.

I stopped in to a local gun store and they had one.

First, they wouldn't let me take it down because they said I might break it.

It is priced at $331 and they said they were firm, cash in hand.

They charge $15 for TICS plus tax.

I can't justify spending $380 for the rifle but if I can find one somwhere that is a little cheaper, and only charges $10 for TICS I would probably buy one.

Has anyone seen a 10/22 Take Down for around $299 with a $10 TICS?

I think that would get me out the door for less than $350, which is my price point.

Knoxville area is preferred, but tri-cities or Nashville is not a deal breaker.

Let me know what you've seen. Hopefully my expectations aren't too far out of line.

Thanks,

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They charge $15 for TICS plus tax....

Vendor price for TICS is not mandated by law?

That said, I'd sure try to avoid a place trying to gouge a few paltry bucks extra for a 4473. Probably not even legal to charge ANYthing for them outside TN.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

In Ca the total can be up to $35. I forget off the top of my head what amount goes to the state and what amount the store.

No real point to the post, but anything cheaper than $35.... I'm just glad to be here. Try looking for a TGO vendor in your neck of the woods. I'm sure they'd do right by you.

Guest bulluck533

I went by Bill's today and they had one for $309.99. Not quite the price your looking for but close. Other than that I saw one at Coal Creek Armory about a week back and its was around $339.99. I believe not for sure. But good luck with your search.

Guest bulluck533

Plus what gun store charges $15 background check? They are only $10. Sounds like they are trying to get a bit more profit.haha

Just my opinion, but if they have the gun you want, and your price point is $350 but you'd drive to Nashville... I'd just spend the extra $30, save myself some time and stress, and have the gun I wanted right now. Your time is worth something, and $30 difference to get what you want without the wait and hassle may just be worth it.

I got mine for 360 out the door at Eastside Gun Shop in Nashville. I look for a while and he had the best price. I found no great deals on one. It seems it is a seller's market.

Edited by R1100R