300 Blackout Information

Guest Essy

Guest Essy

Looking for any and all information reguarding the 300 Blackout! I'm getting the bug to buy a 300 Blackout upper to put on my AR. But I haven't talked directly with anyone that has one.

Seems like the hot setup! IMO!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Essy

I've killed a bunch of deer with a 16" 300 Whisper and 10.5" 300 Blackout.(Super and sub) I love the round. You can get all the info you need here http://www.300blktal...47548a4225f6d13

They are a bit fanatical :koolaid: , but some say that about me :screwy:

I appreciate the info very much!

Are you reloading the 300 BLK or using factory ammo?

Thanks again!

Yeah but not as fanatical as the 6.5 or 6.8 crowd.

We 6.5 G fans may be a bit fanatical, but you won't find the animus on the Grendel forum that is on the 6.8 forum. I read their forum for a while and the behavior toward fans of any other round and specifically the creator of the .300 Blackout is like that of a bunch of preteens.

To the original question, I have no experience with the .300 Blk and very little with the .300 Whisper. But some friends from where I used to work have killed hundreds of wild pigs with the Whisper, both super- and sub-sonic. They originally used subsonic rounds exclusively, but eventually went to supersonic exclusively for the extra "put-down" power. The creator of the .300 Blk, Mr. Silvers, has made some improvements over the Whisper in order to get more velocity without higher pressure. It's basically the equivalent of the 7.62x39 without the necessity of changing magazines and bolts in ARs.

I considered one for a while, but since I probably will not be buying any factory ammo, I decided to go with a 7.62x40 Wilson Tactical. It has a longer case for more powder capacity and more velocity. Not as optimum for subsonic, but can still be done. And I won't have to cut as much length from my 5.56 cases when I'm cutting them down. One downside is needing to cut the front rib from polymer mags so the longer rounds will fit better. I don't know how they will do in standard AL mags, but I'll probably be using PMags anyway.

But if you're going to be buying factory ammo, the .300 Blackout is the way to go. You can't beat the price of commercial ammo, unless you go with one of the rounds sold by Wolf. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/547535/remington-umc-ammunition-300-aac-blackout-762x35mm-115-grain-full-metal-jacket-box-of-20

Will

Edited by Clod Stomper

We 6.5 G fans may be a bit fanatical, but you won't find the animus on the Grendel forum that is on the 6.8 forum. I read their forum for a while and the behavior toward fans of any other round and specifically the creator of the .300 Blackout is like that of a bunch of preteens.

Will

I was just :stir: