Judge Shuts Down Mega-Mosque Construction - Murfreesboro, TN

Did that Islamic center in New York City get built on the proposed land?

I thought that was scrapped due to lack of funding. I don't care if it's built or not, I just have a problem with folks preventing people from building a place of worship on property they legally own. If I want to build "Church of the Fonz" on my property that is my business so long as I'm within code.

TMF, you said "people want a mosque." Some people may not. Do they not have the right to speak

their opposition to a mosque being next to them?

What law requires a community to accept anything it doesn't want? I think someone should propose a synagogue

next door. That would be interesting, wouldn't it? I guess we could find some junk law somewhere that forces stuff

on anyone. Discrimination, racism, religious persecution. It could get deep.

There is a difference between acceptance and tolerance.

If you legally own property should your neighbors dictate what you can build there? Its nobody's business what they put there so long as they aren't breaking any laws.

How on earth is building a mosque forcing anything on anyone??? Does that mean I should take the church up the road to court because the cross on the roof is "forcing" Christ on me? Ludicrous.

However, the bible does not say it's acceptable to lie to further your cause.

I can't say whether the Koran says it is acceptable to lie, nor can I say for certain that the Bible doesn't have some sort of passage that could be taken out of context that makes it sound like it is OK to lie to further the Christian cause. I do know enough about the Bible to know that if such a passage does exist, it would not hold any legitimacy when taken in the overall context of the Bible and its teachings. On that same logic, I do know the Koran also generally forbids lying and specifically says such in Surah 40:28 that says, "Truly Allah guides not one who transgresses and lies." Do some radical Muslims corrupt the religion to teach the opposite? Absolutely. Do Christians take portions of the Bible out of context to justify doing all sorts of harm? Yes, without a doubt. Does the Islamic faith have radicals who want to kill us? Yes, but considering that Muslims make up roughly 20% of the world's population, if they all believed in the justified use of terrorist tactics and murder to further their faith, the United States and its allies simply would have already been eliminated by now.

• Like 2

The liberal media has cranked up the rhetoric concerning this story, the article that I posted is free of that and strictly speaks of the process being violated, nothing about personal opinions. I went through every paragraph of that article, and of the 16 paragraphs, every one is free of anything but talk of procedural violations.

I guess having this advertisement in the smack center of the article doesn't raise an eyebrow on anyone else?

From the article:

See what you can do in your community, get “Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance.â€

Edited by TMF 18B

I was speaking of the original article that began this thread, which, obviously, you are not. Had we clarified that, I could have saved you a lot of typing.

www.wnd.com/2012/05/judge-shuts-down-mega-mosque-construction/

Wasn't aware that you were speaking of my later post.

There are zero facts here. Just speculation to paint a picture that may or may not exist.

Okay, he was educated in Egypt where there is strong anti-Israeli sentiment. We get to be lumped in because of our support for Israel. This is the norm over there. It doesn't mean that this Imam is a freedom hater or a terrorist. He even condemned Hamas and Hezbullah which is not popular to do where he is from. Sounds like a moderate-progressive to me. Maybe this Imam will do good things for the image of Americans Muslims as he preaches with a moderate tone.

He was initially suspended, probably so they could investigate. They found no wrongdoing; probably because a bedwetter doesn't understand that jihad doesn't mean strapping a bomb to yourself. Most Americans know "jihad" for the connotations given it by al Qaeda. Jihad is a part of their religion and refers to internal struggles, the struggle to build good Islamic communities and to defend the faith. The last one is armed jihad, but even moderate Muslims believe this should be done through peaceful means. Sunnis widely accept jihad as a 6th pillar of Islam, but not in the way you're thinking. Flying planes into buildings, killing innocents and cutting off heads is a warped view and is perpetrated by a cancer that exists in their faith. It doesn't mean that even a small percentage believe in jihad against America.

So no facts, just speculation using a mosque in Massachusetts as an example. Well, Jared Laughner used a Glock to shoot some people in Arizona so that must have bearing on MY Glock.

Let's just say that the money came from overseas. Do we not have money going from the Vatican to Catholic churches here in the states? There are plenty of churches within the US that provide monetary support to churches all over the world; even building thousands of them across the continent of Africa..... yeah, sounds like an evil plot to me too. How dare Muslims steal our ideas.

Tinfoil hat time. This isn't an effort to turn you Muslim or anyone else. Middle Tennessee has a huge community of Muslims already. Maybe now that they've been here one generation they're upgrading their place of worship. Or it's a sinister plot to bring Tennessee under Islamic law.

I've been to most major airports in this country and have only seen "prayer rooms" or "meditation" rooms. I've only seen specified areas for Muslim prayer in Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Iraq, and Lebanon. Countries where the religion is part of their culture.

I have seen "muslim" prayer rooms and foot washing stations at airports here in the U.S.

If you legally own property should your neighbors dictate what you can build there? Its nobody's business what they put there so long as they aren't breaking any laws.

How on earth is building a mosque forcing anything on anyone??? Does that mean I should take the church up the road to court because the cross on the roof is "forcing" Christ on me? Ludicrous.

Residential vs. residential, I mostly agree. However when one is not residential, there are often variables, for example, no beer sales within xx feet of a church/school, etc.

Looks like the county is going to ignore the order anyway...

http://www.tennessea...ion?odyssey=tab

I don’t know why the County would consider appealing the ruling, unless they just want to waste taxpayer money. All they have to do is have another meeting, make the proper announcements, and then do whatever they want. It’s not like the public gets to vote on it.

Guest 6.8 AR

I thought that was scrapped due to lack of funding. I don't care if it's built or not, I just have a problem with folks preventing people from building a place of worship on property they legally own. If I want to build "Church of the Fonz" on my property that is my business so long as I'm within code.

There is a difference between acceptance and tolerance.

Ah! Epiphany! Code. That implies a restriction. Something you now acknowledge. I don't know the restrictions

in Rutherford County and I sure don't care to impose my thoughts or wishes on them, either.

You go tolerate a muslim mosque if you wish, but don't go telling them what they do or don't want. It's none of

your business. Maybe the fair people in that community don't want FBI surveillance in their community, like that

which is probably the case on 4th Avenue, near the fairgrounds in Nashville. Ever been around there?

You evidently think I'm being biased about this, but I have left my desires out of it until now. Personally, I side with

the locals for their own determination. There may be more to it than just a decision, just like there has been all

around the country.

If I didn't consider the muslim "religion" more than a theo-political construct, I might have a different attitude, but

ever since the WTC buildings fell, I decided that part of the problem included that segment, also. You can believe

whatever you wish, but muslims have been an enemy of this country for far too long than 9/11 to make me change

my mind on it.

I think it's tragic that some would rather trash christianity, and at the same time allow the muslims to do as they wish

within our country. Ironic, to say the least. That's part of the destruction of our civilization. Have at it, friend. Use

whatever tool you wish, in the name of religious freedom to tear it down.

It sounds like something the Rev. Jeremiah Wright said once about America. I would rather remember part of a certain

song that included "the shores of Tripoli".

Maybe some of us Americans are racist and bigots, after all. If that's the case, include me in the group.

Guest 6.8 AR

This entire thread includes so much political correctness, it's almost nauseating.

Even the National Geographic Channel acknowledged a problem with all of this in their "Inside 9/11"

show and several shows related to it. They are hardly a non biased outfit, but they did what I thought

was a good series of shows that would make sane people come to the conclusions that they might

wish to fight the inclusion of muslims into further mainstreaming into America. I see how quickly we

forget. If the Old Testament is the existential threat some may think it is, why are we not seeing a

christian uprising using terrorism to destroy everything in America? There are radical elements in

different portions of society here in America, but we don't need to sanction further intrusions. Most

of the terrorist threats are radical and political in nature, since we seem to be losing God's influence

in our society and wish to replace it with a version of Star Trek.

One of these days, soon, you will have to look over your shoulder to go to the grocery store to shop.

After saying all that, I am sure there are good muslims in our country, and when they start to reject their

radical element, I will gladly join them for their struggle. I haven't seen that happen.

I was speaking of the original article that began this thread, which, obviously, you are not. Had we clarified that, I could have saved you a lot of typing.

www.wnd.com/2012/05/judge-shuts-down-mega-mosque-construction/

Wasn't aware that you were speaking of my later post.

I was speaking of your original post in regards to the book referenced in the center of the article raising eyebrows. The other post was addressing the other article.

Ah! Epiphany! Code. That implies a restriction. Something you now acknowledge. I don't know the restrictions

in Rutherford County and I sure don't care to impose my thoughts or wishes on them, either.

I refer to zoning in post #32, 33, 35, 47 and 51. Hardly a new epiphany. If they aren't breaking laws then they should be free to do what they want on their own land.

This entire thread includes so much political correctness, it's almost nauseating.

Even the National Geographic Channel acknowledged a problem with all of this in their "Inside 9/11"

show and several shows related to it. They are hardly a non biased outfit, but they did what I thought

was a good series of shows that would make sane people come to the conclusions that they might

wish to fight the inclusion of muslims into further mainstreaming into America. I see how quickly we

forget. If the Old Testament is the existential threat some may think it is, why are we not seeing a

christian uprising using terrorism to destroy everything in America? There are radical elements in

different portions of society here in America, but we don't need to sanction further intrusions. Most

of the terrorist threats are radical and political in nature, since we seem to be losing God's influence

in our society and wish to replace it with a version of Star Trek.

One of these days, soon, you will have to look over your shoulder to go to the grocery store to shop.

After saying all that, I am sure there are good muslims in our country, and when they start to reject their

radical element, I will gladly join them for their struggle. I haven't seen that happen.

Where is this political correctness? I just believe in a fair shake for any American. I am far from politically correct, but I do believe in fairness. I have my personal opinions on Islam and it's up there with my opinions on Scientology, but that doesn't mean I don't think they should have a right to have a place to practice their religion. Trust me, if you could witness my tirades about Islam, or what was done in the name of it, you would learn some words you never heard before.

I've spent 4 years of my adult life in Muslim countries. I, more than most, don't want to see that kind of life here. At the same time, I don't want to see free Americans discriminated against because of their beliefs.

I think it's tragic that some would rather trash christianity, and at the same time allow the muslims to do as they wish

within our country. Ironic, to say the least. That's part of the destruction of our civilization. Have at it, friend. Use

whatever tool you wish, in the name of religious freedom to tear it down.

Who is "trashing" Christianity? I believe the property owners should have the same right to build a church as build a mosque. Maybe tomorrow they'll find Christ and turn the property into a mega-church. If the ACLU stepped in and tried to block it I'd be just as pissed.

Guest 6.8 AR

I didn't say you specifically did, TMF, but it appears to be the case throughout our society when this kind

of narrative is more important than preserving our own way of life. Fairness can be defined now by giving

all other cultures access and superiority preferences over our own, while tearing down our own, whatever

it is nowadays. I don't trash atheists, but I don't understand them. I don't like the inclusion of a so-called

"loving religion" that wishes the destruction of Israel and America, specifically, whether or not it includes

most of them who prescribes to that.

I may have a different view of muslims when I hear something in their dialogue that doesn't include destroying

Americans, which is another tool for the current regime that has a similar goal, just like their views on Israel.

Your "expertise" on Muhammed (sp?) will never change my mind on that.

It's nothing personal at you, so try to understand that. Let Rutherford County deal with it without everyone else

involving themselves.

Constitution Of The State Of Tennessee

ARTICLE I.

Declaration of Rights.

Section 3. That all men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own conscience; that no man can of right be compelled to attend, erect, or support any place of worship, or to maintain any minister against his consent; that no human authority can, in any case whatever, control or interfere with the rights of conscience; and that no preference shall ever be given, by law, to any religious establishment or mode of worship.

Edited by crimsonaudio
  • Like 1

Seems that lots of folks' opinion on Islam is based on a vocal minority faction of that religion. How would Christians feel if folks based opinions on Christianity from the teachings of Westboro Baptist? As EastTNPatriot stated earlier, the teachings of most any established religion can be taken out of context and/or otherwise selectively interpreted to suit most any sort of motive. Rather than form your opinion based on how the media portrays Islam, why not seek out some Muslim folks and educate yourself from first hand experience?

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

I just don't think we should be telling the people

in Rutherford County how to run their own stuff.

They will sort it out. Their own commission screwed

up. Let them fix it.

My personal beliefs don't matter as far as they are concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1,000,000

• Like 1

Seems that lots of folks' opinion on Islam is based on a vocal minority faction of that religion. How would Christians feel if folks based opinions on Christianity from the teachings of Westboro Baptist?

So far, Westboro hasn't killed anyone. The muslims talk about it all the time, threaten to do it all the time, and do it all the time, even to their own wives and daughters. I WISH that all they did was yell and call names like Westboro does, then we wouldn't have a problem.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

ARTICLE I.

Declaration of Rights.

Section 3. That all men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their own conscience; that no man can of right be compelled to attend, erect, or support any place of worship, or to maintain any minister against his consent; that no human authority can, in any case whatever, control or interfere with the rights of conscience; and that no preference shall ever be given, by law, to any religious establishment or mode of worship.

I'm not fighting anything, especially what is said above.

The Rutherford County Planning Commission made

the mistake. Let them fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARTICLE I.

Declaration of Rights.

it reads very clearly.

• Like 1

and doesn't the two words "Almighty God" refer to the christian God? I am not so sure Almighty God refers to any other.

Depends on who you talk to. The only agreement you're gonna find is that at least 75% of the rest of the world has gone and picked the wrong God.

• Like 1

don't matter what the 75% think.

Only matters the intent of who wrote the TN constitution. Does not take much to guess that the writers of it answered to a Christian God

and could not imagine any other.

• Like 3