Judge Shuts Down Mega-Mosque Construction - Murfreesboro, TN

The method of this being blocked is far from the reason. I remember when this all started and the interviews with area folks on the news. They don't want it built because its a mosque. There is no "reading between the lines" here; the aim of the opponents is very overt. If this was a super-church people wouldn't care. That just doesn't seem right to me. Not in this country.

The problem is that many a mosque becomes a terrorist breeding ground. They have and are infiltrating this country with an agenda in mind, they have clearly stated so, yet the Nevel Chamberlains of this country prefer to turn a blind eye. We can either be reactive when it all blows up in our face, or we can be proactive and educate ourselves about their goals and intentions.

Check out http://www.actforamerica.com

The whole point of this movement is about educating ourselves as to what is going on in regards to islam and muslims, not to stick our head in the sand. Once you understand their very intricate, step-by-step plan, you can then see it going on all around you.

Michael DelGiorno is one of the leading experts here locally on the subject of islam. He had an excellent speaker on his show yesterday, a female police officer (20 year veteran) who gave first-hand testimony of her experience in dealing with islam and radical muslims. They discussed things such as field trips that some schools have been making for 20+ years now, where school children in some cities are taken to mosques, separated by gender upon entering, taken to pray to 'allah', given homework assignments and role-playing assignments with muslim names, assigned to read and memorize parts of the koran (parts that muslims believe that simply by reading aloud instantly convert one to islam), and much, much more.

There are also dozens of known muslim terrorist training camps around the U.S., more than a handful here in TN alone, that have connections with many of these mosques.

Keep in mind that while all muslims may not currently be terrorists, 99% of modern-day terrorists have been and continue to be muslims. Ignoring these facts will be the demise of this country.

Also check out: http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com

----------------------------------

Islamville - Dover, TN

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=11927398

Islamville - South Carolina

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/holy-islamville-a-muslim-village-in-south-carolina/

http://www.fitsnews.com/2009/05/08/welcome-to-islamville-sc/

Islamberg - Catskills, NY

http://www.nevilleawards.com/islamburg.shtml

http://vladtepesblog.com/?p=16879

Guest 6.8 AR

Muslims are not different than Christians. Most are peaceful people, but a certain element of the religion has corrupted its holy scripture and use it to justify hate. In case people have missed it, people have done the same thing with Christianity. What some people here are doing would be like saying that the Aryan Nations and their Church of Jesus Christ-Christian or Westboro Baptist Church are representative of all Christians in the world and should be discriminated against as such.

That's a good point you raise, ET. Religion is not perfect, but it can strive to be. God is the only perfection in the universe,

whichever God you choose to pray to, or not.

Muslims are not different than Christians. Most are peaceful people, but a certain element of the religion has corrupted its holy scripture and use it to justify hate. In case people have missed it, people have done the same thing with Christianity. What some people here are doing would be like saying that the Aryan Nations and their Church of Jesus Christ-Christian or Westboro Baptist Church are representative of all Christians in the world and should be discriminated against as such.

However, the bible does not say it's acceptable to lie to further your cause.

Guest 6.8 AR

The method of this being blocked is far from the reason. I remember when this all started and the interviews with area folks on the news. They don't want it built because its a mosque. There is no "reading between the lines" here; the aim of the opponents is very overt. If this was a super-church people wouldn't care. That just doesn't seem right to me. Not in this country.

That very statement shows a particular bias and you are not qualified to do the thinking of the folks in the Boro.

There is a process that the planning commission has to include the neighbors in, and the judge decided it was

not complied with. I accept the judge's decision because it contained reason and logic without the bias. He actually

said the decision might be overturned, but he made his decision on sound and reasonable use of the local laws.

If it was my land adjacent to the proposed property, and I wasn't included in the process, I would be suing everyone

involved and would probably win this one.

Yes, it was controversial from day one, but I still should have the freedom to express my opinion about the zone

change. Sunshine is a great disinfectant. It was cloudy that day.

Recently saw this in an airport I was in - this was in a predominantly Buddhist country, I must admit I got a little bit of an odd feeling seeing it - & yes they are known for blowing stuff up there.

a6f84753-4a0b-0e0b.jpg

I've seen those in a few different places myself and wondered if it was used as a security/surveillance tool.

Edited by BrasilNuts
Due process wasn't followed, regardless of the

reason. There are some places you might not

want some things built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That isn't what being free is about. It's one thing if it was an environmental/code/traffic issue but folks are against this because they disagree with their religion. I don't care if it's a church or a supremacist group, folks have a right to their beliefs and shouldn't be blocked in practicing it. If you would be outraged by some commie/liberal/atheist group blocking the construction of a Baptist church then you should be outraged by this. It's just wrong.

• Like 2

The problem is that many a mosque becomes a terrorist breeding ground. They have and are infiltrating this country with an agenda in mind, they have clearly stated so, yet the Nevel Chamberlains of this country prefer to turn a blind eye. We can either be reactive when it all blows up in our face, or we can be proactive and educate ourselves about their goals and intentions.

Check out http://www.actforamerica.com

The whole point of this movement is about educating ourselves as to what is going on in regards to islam and muslims, not to stick our head in the sand. Once you understand their very intricate, step-by-step plan, you can then see it going on all around you.

Michael DelGiorno is one of the leading experts here locally on the subject of islam. He had an excellent speaker on his show yesterday, a female police officer (20 year veteran) who gave first-hand testimony of her experience in dealing with islam and radical muslims. They discussed things such as field trips that some schools have been making for 20+ years now, where school children in some cities are taken to mosques, separated by gender upon entering, taken to pray to 'allah', given homework assignments and role-playing assignments with muslim names, assigned to read and memorize parts of the koran (parts that muslims believe that simply by reading aloud instantly convert one to islam), and much, much more.

There are also dozens of known muslim terrorist training camps around the U.S., more than a handful here in TN alone, that have connections with many of these mosques.

Keep in mind that while all muslims may not currently be terrorists, 99% of modern-day terrorists have been and continue to be muslims. Ignoring these facts will be the demise of this country.

Also check out: http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com

----------------------------------

Islamville - Dover, TN

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=11927398

Islamville - South Carolina

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/holy-islamville-a-muslim-village-in-south-carolina/

http://www.fitsnews.com/2009/05/08/welcome-to-islamville-sc/

Islamberg - Catskills, NY

http://www.nevilleawards.com/islamburg.shtml

http://vladtepesblog.com/?p=16879

None of that has anything to do with this construction. People want a Mosque. I don't see the correlation between that and terrorist training camps and forcing children to participate in Muslim rituals. Those incidents sound like they should be addressed, but aren't related to the case at hand.

If this is all about zoning that's one thing. But when folks start arguing about how this shouldn't be allowed because of the proliferation of Islam in the US then you're looking to squash the rights of your fellow Americans.

I've had plenty of my share of dealing with Muslim extremists. I would consider myself somewhere in the expert category. Building a Mosque doesn't raise an eyebrow for me. Americans saying it shouldn't be built because Muslims are trying to take over the country does raise an eyebrow.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

That isn't what being free is about. It's one thing if it was an environmental/code/traffic issue but folks are against this because they disagree with their religion. I don't care if it's a church or a supremacist group, folks have a right to their beliefs and shouldn't be blocked in practicing it. If you would be outraged by some commie/liberal/atheist group blocking the construction of a Baptist church then you should be outraged by this. It's just wrong.

The Hell it isn't! We are a nation of laws, not men. If you can't grasp the constitution and the justice system and all

that falls below to the municipalities, you're lacking.

I based my statement only on an objective principle, and not on supposition. I don't claim to be an expert.

You can do that all you want and it won't change what I based my argument on. Supposition is the arbiter of evil.

It can be misplaced easily and has very little reason and logic attached. Emotions get in the way.

You may get away with your statement after an exhaustive root cause analysis is performed, but not just on your

supposition. If it makes you feel better, I have similar suspicions as you, but I won't declare the people of the Boro

one way or another. You did what NBC or whoever did to the whole story. That's unreasonable.

The Hell it isn't! We are a nation of laws, not men. If you can't grasp the constitution and the justice system and all

that falls below to the municipalities, you're lacking.

I based my statement only on an objective principle, and not on supposition. I don't claim to be an expert.

You can do that all you want and it won't change what I based my argument on. Supposition is the arbiter of evil.

It can be misplaced easily and has very little reason and logic attached. Emotions get in the way.

You may get away with your statement after an exhaustive root cause analysis is performed, but not just on your

supposition. If it makes you feel better, I have similar suspicions as you, but I won't declare the people of the Boro

one way or another. You did what NBC or whoever did to the whole story. That's unreasonable.

You are more objective than me. I saw at least two residents of this area on the news when this started. Their comments centered around concerns of extremism. That is why I presuppose this has little to do with zoning. If that was the only argument being made by the community then his would be nothing more than a story blown out of proportion.

Guest 6.8 AR

And two residents can't paint the entire picture of the situation. It may shed light on things, but that kind of reasoning

is the same kind that gave us a whole plethora of bad law, that needs to be excised from the system.

After reading the opinion of the Judge, it looks to me like this is merely a formality that the Mosque will adress at a public meeting. The notice requirements for the meeting shouldn't prevent further approval or construction of the building as Mr. Corlew pointed out in his opinion. The mosque is a religious building and as such is afforded protection under both national and state constitutions.

After reading the opinion of the Judge, it looks to me like this is merely a formality that the Mosque will adress at a public meeting. ...

Yeah, whether a "nuanced" decision or not, seems to be only a temporary delay in the eventual completion of the thing.

BHO will probably have Holder file yet another suit soon if it doesn't get cranking.

- OS

Guest 6.8 AR

After reading the opinion of the Judge, it looks to me like this is merely a formality that the Mosque will adress at a public meeting. The notice requirements for the meeting shouldn't prevent further approval or construction of the building as Mr. Corlew pointed out in his opinion. The mosque is a religious building and as such is afforded protection under both national and state constitutions.

The public meeting session is considered by the panel as to whether or not to approve permits. If there is a legitimate

objection, it could stop things, not that I think it would, but that is a possibility. Just because an entity is a church

doesn't make it the highest and best use for the land in question. I don't know anything about the land.

None of that has anything to do with this construction. People want a Mosque. I don't see the correlation between that and terrorist training camps and forcing children to participate in Muslim rituals. Those incidents sound like they should be addressed, but aren't related to the case at hand.

If this is all about zoning that's one thing. But when folks start arguing about how this shouldn't be allowed because of the proliferation of Islam in the US then you're looking to squash the rights of your fellow Americans.

I've had plenty of my share of dealing with Muslim extremists. I would consider myself somewhere in the expert category. Building a Mosque doesn't raise an eyebrow for me. Americans saying it shouldn't be built because Muslims are trying to take over the country does raise an eyebrow.

This has to do with this construction and is related to everything that I said above -

http://www.cbn.com/c...icas-Heartland/

Questions on Mosque Leaders

Yet serious concerns have been raised about imam Osama Bahloul and at least one board member of the Murfreesboro Islamic Center. Bahloul is a "distinguished graduate" of al-Azhar University in Egypt, where anti-Semitic and anti-American rhetoric is commonplace.

He told CBN News off camera that he condemned the terror groups Hamas and Hezbollah and that Murfreesboro Muslims were just looking for a quiet place to worship. Yet he declined to appear on camera.

Then there is Islamic Center board member Mosaad Rawash.

Rawash was suspended from the board after pro-jihad slogans were found on his MySpace page. They've since been removed. A mosque spokesman said that Rawash is back on the board after being cleared of any wrongdoing.

Locals also have other concerns--like where the millions of dollars are coming from to pay for the proposed complex.

Mosque officials say the money was raised in the community. But local journalist Rebecca Bynum said she isn't convinced.

"In other mosques, like in Boston and other areas where there's been huge mosques built, the funding did come from overseas, principally from Saudi Arabia, rich individuals from countries like Saudi Arabia and the UAE," she said.

Murfreesboro is not alone. two more mega-mosques are now being planned for Tennessee--one in Memphis and another the town of Antioch, near Nashville.

"It does seem to be part of a larger strategy to build mosques in rural areas and create Islamic communities--large Islamic communities--in rural areas for some larger purpose," said Bynum, a columnist for the New English Review.
Guest 6.8 AR

Did that Islamic center in New York City get built on the proposed land?

TMF, you said "people want a mosque." Some people may not. Do they not have the right to speak

their opposition to a mosque being next to them?

What law requires a community to accept anything it doesn't want? I think someone should propose a synagogue

next door. That would be interesting, wouldn't it? I guess we could find some junk law somewhere that forces stuff

on anyone. Discrimination, racism, religious persecution. It could get deep.

Recently saw this in an airport I was in - this was in a predominantly Buddhist country, I must admit I got a little bit of an odd feeling seeing it - & yes they are known for blowing stuff up there.a6f84753-4a0b-0e0b.jpg

Most larger U.S. airports do have muslim prayer rooms. And foot washing stations. Not sure where the Jewish, Christian and Buddhist prayer rooms and foot washing stations are though.

And two residents can't paint the entire picture of the situation. It may shed light on things, but that kind of reasoning

is the same kind that gave us a whole plethora of bad law, that needs to be excised from the system.

Well I can't argue with you there. I guess it indefensible to say that the movement to block this mosque from being built is entirely due to Islamophobia, but the rhetoric surrounding it, to include the OP's article, is rife with it.

This is an issue for the community to address if it is a zoning issue, but beyond that there should no interference. The religious preferences of those building the mosque should have zero bearing on the case or the folks who are trying hard to block its construction.

Well I can't argue with you there. I guess it indefensible to say that the movement to block this mosque from being built is entirely due to Islamophobia, but the rhetoric surrounding it, to include the OP's article, is rife with it.

This is an issue for the community to address if it is a zoning issue, but beyond that there should no interference. The religious preferences of those building the mosque should have zero bearing on the case or the folks who are trying hard to block its construction.

The liberal media has cranked up the rhetoric concerning this story, the article that I posted is free of that and strictly speaks of the process being violated, nothing about personal opinions. I went through every paragraph of that article, and of the 16 paragraphs, every one is free of anything but talk of procedural violations. The second to last gives a bio on the article writer, and the last gives a history of the case, including the fact that the DOJ filed a friend-of-the-court brief demanding that the case against the Murfreesboro mosque be dismissed. No rhetoric whatsoever in that story. I don't post that kind of stuff.

There are zero facts here. Just speculation to paint a picture that may or may not exist.

This has to do with this construction and is related to everything that I said above -

http://www.cbn.com/c...icas-Heartland/

Questions on Mosque Leaders

Yet serious concerns have been raised about imam Osama Bahloul and at least one board member of the Murfreesboro Islamic Center. Bahloul is a "distinguished graduate" of al-Azhar University in Egypt, where anti-Semitic and anti-American rhetoric is commonplace.

He told CBN News off camera that he condemned the terror groups Hamas and Hezbollah and that Murfreesboro Muslims were just looking for a quiet place to worship. Yet he declined to appear on camera.

Okay, he was educated in Egypt where there is strong anti-Israeli sentiment. We get to be lumped in because of our support for Israel. This is the norm over there. It doesn't mean that this Imam is a freedom hater or a terrorist. He even condemned Hamas and Hezbullah which is not popular to do where he is from. Sounds like a moderate-progressive to me. Maybe this Imam will do good things for the image of Americans Muslims as he preaches with a moderate tone.

Then there is Islamic Center board member Mosaad Rawash.

Rawash was suspended from the board after pro-jihad slogans were found on his MySpace page. They've since been removed. A mosque spokesman said that Rawash is back on the board after being cleared of any wrongdoing.

He was initially suspended, probably so they could investigate. They found no wrongdoing; probably because a bedwetter doesn't understand that jihad doesn't mean strapping a bomb to yourself. Most Americans know "jihad" for the connotations given it by al Qaeda. Jihad is a part of their religion and refers to internal struggles, the struggle to build good Islamic communities and to defend the faith. The last one is armed jihad, but even moderate Muslims believe this should be done through peaceful means. Sunnis widely accept jihad as a 6th pillar of Islam, but not in the way you're thinking. Flying planes into buildings, killing innocents and cutting off heads is a warped view and is perpetrated by a cancer that exists in their faith. It doesn't mean that even a small percentage believe in jihad against America.

Locals also have other concerns--like where the millions of dollars are coming from to pay for the proposed complex.

Mosque officials say the money was raised in the community. But local journalist Rebecca Bynum said she isn't convinced.

"In other mosques, like in Boston and other areas where there's been huge mosques built, the funding did come from overseas, principally from Saudi Arabia, rich individuals from countries like Saudi Arabia and the UAE," she said.

So no facts, just speculation using a mosque in Massachusetts as an example. Well, Jared Laughner used a Glock to shoot some people in Arizona so that must have bearing on MY Glock.

Let's just say that the money came from overseas. Do we not have money going from the Vatican to Catholic churches here in the states? There are plenty of churches within the US that provide monetary support to churches all over the world; even building thousands of them across the continent of Africa..... yeah, sounds like an evil plot to me too. How dare Muslims steal our ideas.

Murfreesboro is not alone. two more mega-mosques are now being planned for Tennessee--one in Memphis and another the town of Antioch, near Nashville.

"It does seem to be part of a larger strategy to build mosques in rural areas and create Islamic communities--large Islamic communities--in rural areas for some larger purpose," said Bynum, a columnist for the New English Review.

Tinfoil hat time. This isn't an effort to turn you Muslim or anyone else. Middle Tennessee has a huge community of Muslims already. Maybe now that they've been here one generation they're upgrading their place of worship. Or it's a sinister plot to bring Tennessee under Islamic law.

Most larger U.S. airports do have muslim prayer rooms. And foot washing stations. Not sure where the Jewish, Christian and Buddhist prayer rooms and foot washing stations are though.

I've been to most major airports in this country and have only seen "prayer rooms" or "meditation" rooms. I've only seen specified areas for Muslim prayer in Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Iraq, and Lebanon. Countries where the religion is part of their culture.