Local FFL to ship gun for background check?

JohnC

I'm preparing for when an online dealer gets a AR 50 in stock in the next couple weeks.

I need to know the cheapest and best place to have the gun shipped (to FFL) for background check and pickup?

Would like it to be within 100 miles of Murfressboro, TN if possible.

Thanks, guys. :)

Edited by JohnC
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like it to be within 100 miles of Murfressboro, TN if possible.

Seriously? You'd drive 200 miles to have a gun transferred? Do you get free gas and have lots of free time?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Seriously? You'd drive 200 miles to have a gun transferred? Do you get free gas and have lots of free time?

- OS

If I lived in Murfreesboro, I'd drive just about anywhere not to do business with the couple options they have. With that being said, 200 miles isn't necessary.

D&T Arms is the cheapest that I've heard about.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk 2

- OS

Just trying to find a reputable place and one that doesn't want a stupid amount for the transfer as I'm on a budget set by the wife here.

Thanks. :)

D&T Arms for sure. Forum supporters, locally owned, great folks, and reasonably priced.

If I lived in Murfreesboro, I'd drive just about anywhere not to do business with the couple options they have. With that being said, 200 miles isn't necessary.

D&T Arms is the cheapest that I've heard about.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk 2

Thanks guys! I'll look them up! :up:

Edited by JohnC

Clay at Yogey's Bunker in Lebanon, cheapest transfers in the state. Been using him for 8 years. Once you get to know him you will see he treats you like a friend, and he doesn't have overhead like the retail shops.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

I have a friend that transfers his long guns into a surrounding state. The pawn shop he uses charges $10 and he doesn't have to pay the TICS fee. All he has to do is the 4473.

Even with gas cost it is still cheaper than any of the local dealers. And it is perfectly legal to do this with long guns.

Dolomite

My FFL charges 20.00 for a transfer and 10.00 for every background check if the gun is used or one that they do not normally sell or cannot get through their normal distributors. So my S&W 2206 cost me $30.00 to transfer. If I were to buy a 10/22 from Buds the transfer would be 50.00 through my FFL. I can save money by just buying the gun from my FFL with my retired military ID.

My FFL gives 10% off on retail prices to military, LEO, teachers, firefighters, etc. He also only charges 10% above his dealer cost for special orders up to a $1,000.00, after that then only charges $100.00 regardless if the gun is 1001.00 or 10,0000.00. Of course you always have to tack on TN sales tax and TICs 10.00 fee. Seems fair for a privately owned one-off LGS.

I use Triune Saddle Shop. Mike's a good guy. Little higher than D&T's but a whole lot closer. I've been using Mike for years and I hate to change. I appreciate D&T supporting TGO and I'm impressed with all of the great reports of fantastic deals and customer service.

I’m in Murfreesboro and I also use Mike at the Saddle Shop. If you buy from Buds or CDNN, he’s already set-up with them and you don’t have to mess with FFL stuff.

THE SADDLE SHOP

(608) 256-2281

5101 MURFREESBORO RD

COLLEGE GROVE

I’m in Murfreesboro and I also use Mike at the Saddle Shop. If you buy from Buds or CDNN, he’s already set-up with them and you don’t have to mess with FFL stuff.

THE SADDLE SHOP

(608) 256-2281

5101 MURFREESBORO RD

COLLEGE GROVE

His business card has a different number.

alkk6e.jpg

Edited by Volzfan

His business card has a different number.

alkk6e.jpg

I also use the Saddle Shop which is right down the road from my house. When I buy a gun, I get the seller's e-mail address, send it to Mike's e-mail address, and the FFL is taken care of. They are closed on Sundays and Mondays and their rate slightly varies depending on whose behind the counter. (Some charge tax, some don't.) Overall, very satisfied.

Educate me, when it says no tax and free shipping, the FFL then puts the TN tax plus the transfer fee? Looking at a few sites now for a new CC. Just trying to get a solid number before I order something online.

Educate me, when it says no tax and free shipping, the FFL then puts the TN tax plus the transfer fee? Looking at a few sites now for a new CC. Just trying to get a solid number before I order something online.

Some dealers put TN tax on the fee. There is no “Tax Freeâ€, the seller just doesn’t collect it; you are supposed to pay the tax to the state.

You won't be charged sales tax on the purchase price by any TN FFL.

- OS

You pay TN tax yourself on purchases made out of state.

Info: https://apps.tn.gov/usetax/

This is your responsibility to file and pay it, not the out of state dealer or your local FFL.

You don't give sales tax to a dealer (the FFL receiving the firearm) that you did not purchase the firearm from in the first place. They are only handling the background check and filing the paperwork in accordance with regulations.

Edited by JohnC