Anyone know where in Nash area to find the large cable wood spools

We used to do some fun art projects with the large wooden cable spools and had an unlimited resource for them when we lived out West.

We prefer the 3'-5' range but also need 2 or 3 of the 6' spools.

So thought I would ask and see if anyone here had a connection or could at least point us in the right direction. Would travel a bit for a quantity of them but not so much for just a few. So prefer to be local to the Nashville area.

Also looking for empty steel drums, they must be steel for our project.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you could stop by the NES facility off of Centennial Blvd. Ask the gate guard about it. He could see if they'll give you any. Calling the main NES Cust Svc. number will get you nowhere.

NES service facility:

1200 63rd Avenue North, Nashville, TN

The really big ones make the trickest dog house in the neighborhood. Lay them flat and cut a door out of the center cylinder.

I'd like to have one of the 6 or 8 ft diameter ones to make a dining room table out of.

you could stop by the NES facility off of Centennial Blvd. Ask the gate guard about it. He could see if they'll give you any. Calling the main NES Cust Svc. number will get you nowhere.

NES service facility:

1200 63rd Avenue North, Nashville, TN

This

You can also call around to different electrical companies and low voltage installers.

Brings back memories, I used one as a table for a good while in my youth.

- OS

I have seen some that would knock you down at how pretty they are. If you can find one that wasn't treated like a redheaded step child, and one actually takes the time to smooth it out, they can look very nice. Certainly solid and if it gets messed up by the young uns it's not a heartbreaker like one you drooped a few grand on.

You can also call around to different electrical companies and low voltage installers.

Right. I see trucks around town for Travis Electric, Harris Electric, and of course Lee Company. Try any of them and see if they'll donate to the cause.