Looking for an OWB Leather holster Recommendation

What are your guys go to companies for owb leather holsters? I only wear owb at court or quick runs to the gas station, but which companies do you recommend? I do like kydex, but i feel nothing beats real leather.

I have a holster from American Holster Co on the way (the High Ride) so i don't know how comfortable they are but they looked like a good deal, but what other brands do you guys go to? My guns that still need holsters are a glock 22 and a sig 220 if that helps.

DM Bullard is the only custom leather holster I've owned. It was excellent! I had the bodygaurd, worn about 4 O'clock. I sold it with the gun as it wouldn't fit anything else. I will own another soon.

He now has a lot of "In Stock" holster that ship immediately. Others take 16-20 weeks

Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 1
Guest ddleatherworks

These guys are right Bullard's stuff is top notch. When you get into the custom makers the possibilities are pretty much endless.

I primarily carry OWB, usually in either a pancake or paddle style holster, pancake conceals my gun(s) better since they hold it really close to the body, but paddle holsters are more generally much more comfortable, plus paddles are easier to take off & put on since you do not have to thread your belt through them, however since paddle holsters do not hold the gun up against your body as closely as pancake holsters do & depending on how loose fitting your shirt(s) are, they can cause printing.

Anyway that said I own holsters from Galco, Don Hume, DeSantis, Ross Leather, Bianchi, Fobus, El Paso, Blackhawk, Uncle Mikes (in kydex, nylon & a kodra ankle holster), a shoulder rig from Jackass Leather Company, and a few more that I can't recall, as the list above might indicate I do usually prefer the look & feel of fine leather, however lately I have been wearing mostly kydex holsters, not sure why to be honest with you, although it might have something to do with the large scrape that I put down the side of my favorite Ross Leather pancake holster.

Give it time & you are almost certainly going to end up with a very large drawer over-filled with various holsters, holsters to guys are sort of like collecting shoes or purses to wimminz, owning just one just ain't going to cut it.

I feel the higher end Galco models are a great value.

I have one of these for my 5"1911, and i feel its a great holster. retails for $85-90, i bought it used, but feel its a great holster.

i have a $50 Desantis holster that is no where near the quality of the Galco, but still works fine.

I have one of these for my 5"1911, and i feel its a great holster. retails for $85-90, i bought it used, but feel its a great holster.

i have a $50 Desantis holster that is no where near the quality of the Galco, but still works fine.

I feel the higher end Galco models are a great value.

Agreed, one of the best features of the Galco holsters are the rubber grommet's that you can tighten or loosen to adjust the amount of retention that you want, this is very handy especially after the holster leather gets some age (wear & tear) put on it and the leather starts to stretch out a little.

I like leather and thumb breaks. I have a Don Hume OWB for my M&P’s that is open on the end so I can carry either my full size or compact. I also have a D.M. Bullard for the compact.

I’m looking for something for my Kahr MK40 and think I might try the Bianchi Black Widow.

MPDonHume1.jpg

DMBULLARD_MP40C348web.jpg

Galco Combat Master,I have 4 of these guys and for the money I think the leather is top notch,holds the pistol close and the cant is right for me.there are no tightening provisions but the holsters are formed so they hold(retention)very well.I like to wear OWB concealed in the winter months,easier to cart the pistol around.

I just purchased a Galco Combat Master based of your review. Looking at the pictures it looks like something I would want. So far only two pistols of mine dont have leather holsters so i will keep looking. thanks for all of the great suggestions. I'm still looking for a bullard that's in stock.

These guys are right Bullard's stuff is top notch. When you get into the custom makers the possibilities are pretty much endless.

DD leatherworks in Morristown makes some darn good holsters. I've been wearing one for about 8 months now and it is great.