AR fans Ck this out Must have for your rifle

beta mags are easy to break when running through a door or around a corner, and worse in 9mm with the plastic tower and at one time they were hit and miss on if they would run. no i have never had one. seen one go to pieces when the shooter went into a door frame and all 9mm i have seen (no not many) have had metal repair job because the mag tower cracking or breaking. but for what ever reason you do not never see one anymore in 3 gun or rifle matches. but still lots of them on u tube.

i guess that is what they mean, metal not plastic.

And this is better than a beta mag how?

Last time I chacked the beta mag has twice the capacity and actualy sits closer to the gun.

I will still take my aluminum GI mags over anything else out there.

Dolomite

the beta mag is plastic I see , XS-products are aluminum mags , and have a life time warranty and being you like aluminum mags I would think it is better than a beta mag don't ya think Edited by ted

Interesting, not quite as bulky as Beta's & they look like they might not be as fragile, granted they don't hold as many rounds but still having 50rds availible on tap would be nice.

The big Surefire magazines look sort of interesting too, just wish the pricetag on them wasn't so darn high or I'd probably own a couple of them.

Anyway most of my AR magazines are USGI but the last couple of years I have been switching over to Magpul magazines, mostly because with them I don't have to worry about lip creep like I do with my aluminum USGI magazines.

Why would the owner of a semi-automatic AR-15 need one of these things?

mutli gun matches, like in the 3 gun nation series, several by the way are close by and covered by all the shooting sports shows, USPSA and wildcat matches both multi gun and rifle only USPSA style matches. reloading or not having to reload can make a difference to the top tier guys.

and i can tell for fact a older fat guy trying to run and reload even a AR with a big ass mag well can miss the whole damn thing and send a mag flying. as yes you be given hell even though everyone got a big laugh. :)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest nowheretobefound

Looks like the perfect accessory....for those who never learn how to use their rifles proficiently, you know, like the people who never learn to drop and change mags.

Plus I’d like to be able to change to another 30 rounder of something different if all of a sudden a scenario changes, like to a penetrator or incendiary.

Interesting product but i just dont see twenty additional rounds making up for its drawbacks. First of all its cost prohibitive, not a factor for everyone but a factor for me. Second and probably my bisggest issue is the width of it, where in the heck on my gear would i put this thing. it wont fit in standard mag pouches so do i end up having to have them specially made. hey even more money for 20 rounds. 30 round magazines do fail, if/when a 30 rounder fails im out at most 30 rounds when this thing fails i am out 50.

I think 2 30rnd coupled mags are just a better idea all around for combat vs. one of these.........BUT.........

if Zombies were walking around, would it be better to have 3 of these or 5 30rnd PMags? Close to same weight, same ammount of ammo.......to bulky? Sucks for mag changes? Heavier? There may be one small advantage somewhere....just haven't found it yet.

Edited by kwe45919

Been aware for a while. High on the cool factor, low on the financial sense. So it's aluminum over plastic? Ok. How bout two aluminum GI mags coupled together? Now I'm at +20% capacity. Two brand spanking new D&Hs w/ Magpul followers are ~$22 (much less if you have a good supply of used GIs and rebuild kits). Cheap couplers online are $6-$7. So for ~$28 I have 60 rounds ready to go (or 50 cents per round of capacity). The 50 round mag is $189 (or $3.78 per round of capacity). In absolute dollars, I can have 6 2x30 setups and $21 for a tool bag to put 'em in.

Neat but just not financially practical.

Been aware for a while. High on the cool factor, low on the financial sense. So it's aluminum over plastic? Ok. How bout two aluminum GI mags coupled together? Now I'm at +20% capacity. Two brand spanking new D&Hs w/ Magpul followers are ~$22 (much less if you have a good supply of used GIs and rebuild kits). Cheap couplers online are $6-$7. So for ~$28 I have 60 rounds ready to go (or 50 cents per round of capacity). The 50 round mag is $189 (or $3.78 per round of capacity). In absolute dollars, I can have 6 2x30 setups and $21 for a tool bag to put 'em in.

Neat but just not financially practical.

I like getting low as I can to the ground when i shoot or when I'm bench shooting I do not like to have to stretch my neck all out of wack jest to shoot. how low can you go with a 30 round mag , it's not about the money it jest saves my neck , I already have the pmags and Thay stand to tall , it's jest a better position when you do not have to struggle all over the place jest to shoot ,I see so many guys struggling at the range trying to line up there rifles on the bench with the pmags and always complaining I need to get a 20 rounder mag because it's shorter and I wouldn't have to try and adj every thing, besides this is a 50 round mag I do not have to reload as many times , that way I can focus more on my target and enjoying what I went to the range in the first place for ,

It seems a little ridiculous to buy a $200 50 round mag JUST to shoot off the bench. Most anybody I have ever seen shooting off a bench is going for precise shots, and magazine capacity is of little consequence. However, to each his own I suppose, and if it works for you, then rock on.

Guest nowheretobefound

ted,

It seems you've already convinced yourself that POC is just what you need.

Have fun.

And if you want the real thing get a STANAG Beta C magazine.

Edited by nowheretobefound