Paramedic Carry?

Guest Zombie Response Medic

Guest ab28

I suspect that ~20% around here do carry. Open carry for these would be a mistake. Some psycho would snatch it away from them.

Be a good way to catch a bullet in the face. I CC, but if anyone saw it and tried to take my weapon, I would defend it with lethal force.

Be a good way to catch a bullet in the face. I CC, but if anyone saw it and tried to take my weapon, I would defend it with lethal force.

Anyone would, that goes without saying. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t going to take your gun.

Guest ab28

Anyone would, that goes without saying. But that doesn’t mean they aren’t going to take your gun.

That is true, but that is why you practice hand to hand skills and weapon retention.

Guest JHansonLPN

Carry deeply concealed and don't ask don't tell. ER room nurses are the worse to cry At the sight of a handgun. They don't even like having cops in there with handguns. Ask me how I know.

Don't know what ER your going to...

Whats a persons job got to do with their right to carry, I think anybody who qualifies should be able to carry anywhere, anytime. Paramedics, Firefighters, Teachers, heh not even Librarians are immune from attack and should be allowed to protect themselves.

Guest kcb37

I agree with JHansonLPN,

I do realize and understand a buisness owners right to refuse carry by employes or customers, however if you are allowed to carry, why not be allowed to carry everywhere.

Now on that same note, private property is private property, buissness or not, so it's the owners desicion.

For me I cannot carry at work. (could, but I would get caught sooner or later) Really would not be good for me. Now that being said under different circumstances I probably wouldn't care to much.

For the Op, I don't have a problem with is, so long as you know how to and can use it, biggest problem I see has been said, going somewhere you are not allowed to take it.

Guest airborne1525
Carry deeply concealed and don't ask don't tell. ER room nurses are the worse to cry At the sight of a handgun. They don't even like having cops in there with handguns. Ask me how I know.

Ok, how do you know?

Guest ab28

I agree with JHansonLPN,

I do realize and understand a buisness owners right to refuse carry by employes or customers, however if you are allowed to carry, why not be allowed to carry everywhere.

Now on that same note, private property is private property, buissness or not, so it's the owners desicion.

For me I cannot carry at work. (could, but I would get caught sooner or later) Really would not be good for me. Now that being said under different circumstances I probably wouldn't care to much.

For the Op, I don't have a problem with is, so long as you know how to and can use it, biggest problem I see has been said, going somewhere you are not allowed to take it.

Disagree. My employer doesn't want firearms on the premises, but I carry anyways. It is not the owner's decision, nor the manager's. My personal defense and how I choose to do so is my own decision, no one else's.

Disagree. My employer doesn't want firearms on the premises, but I carry anyways. It is not the owner's decision, nor the manager's. My personal defense and how I choose to do so is my own decision, no one else's.

We had a guy with an HCP handling his gun in the shop. It went off, hit a machine, ricocheted off and shot a hole through the roof. Luckily no one got shot.

Make whatever claims you like about who was responsible, but the fact remains that the guy that did the shooting had nothing and the owner is the “deep pocketsâ€. Whether or not he would have been held liable is anyone’s guess, but he would have had lawyer bills if someone would have been shot.

Until this state holds the HCP holder totally liable and the property owner can’t be sued when they weren’t involved, the property holder has absolute rights; and not even the state can legislate that. They can try, but it won’t hold up in court.

Your only legal choice is that if you don’t like the rules; you should find somewhere else to work that will let you carry.

Guest ab28

We had a guy with an HCP handling his gun in the shop. It went off, hit a machine, ricocheted off and shot a hole through the roof. Luckily no one got shot.

Make whatever claims you like about who was responsible, but the fact remains that the guy that did the shooting had nothing and the owner is the “deep pocketsâ€. Whether or not he would have been held liable is anyone’s guess, but he would have had lawyer bills if someone would have been shot.

Until this state holds the HCP holder totally liable and the property owner can’t be sued when they weren’t involved, the property holder has absolute rights; and not even the state can legislate that. They can try, but it won’t hold up in court.

Your only legal choice is that if you don’t like the rules; you should find somewhere else to work that will let you carry.

The property isn't posted. I have been carrying for years, and shooting for a lot longer. I don't have "accidents". I work at a gas station part time, I would be an idiot not to carry. I have to handle large amounts of cash sometimes, as I help the manager, and I have my gun with me, concealed.

• 1 month later...
Guest carter

I've been saying this for years, carry concealed and you will have the element of surprise, all these idiots open carrying trying to be cool and to exercise there right to do it are idiots...sorry...think everyone knows now they have the right to go take the class and get the permit and carry a hand gun... so if your tactful in carrying concealed you shouldn't be able to tell your carrying...I don’t think my life is worth some stupid company policy...

I've been saying this for years, carry concealed and you will have the element of surprise, all these idiots open carrying trying to be cool and to exercise there right to do it are idiots...sorry...think everyone knows now they have the right to go take the class and get the permit and carry a hand gun... so if your tactful in carrying concealed you shouldn't be able to tell your carrying...I don’t think my life is worth some stupid company policy...

Why come on here and make such a broad statement about all people who OC? Plenty of folks here do it, and I wouldn't classify them as "idiots." Different strokes for different folks, ya know?

Guest bkelm18

Name calling really isn't a useful way to make a point.

Name calling really isn't a useful way to make a point.

His print is so tiny I can't read it, even with my glasses on. What does it say?

Dave

(931)802-2138

Sent from my Dell Desktop using the Keyboard..

Guest pfries

For Dave

And I do OC more and more as time passes. Not because I'm cool but because it is comfortable.

Thanks pfries...how did you do that?

Ctrl and + to enlarge screen, Ctrl and - to go down, Control and 0 to return to normal.

Or View Menu/Zoom

Of course, he simply quoted message and changed font size to appear in new post.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Ctrl and + to enlarge screen, Ctrl and - to go down, Control and 0 to return to normal.

Or View Menu/Zoom

Of course, he simply quoted message and changed font size to appear in new post.

- OS

Thanks

Guest carter

idiot is a general term... wasn't calling YOU an idiot persay...just the action of ((shurgs)) yall go ahead and carry open if you want... im just not an attention seeker... not trying to steer off topic what so ever... but yea a sidearm for medics is a + from me... and an oxygen tank will only get you so far... if im not mistaken i thought metro medics had tazers for a while... but that little part in the oath " i will do no harm" kinda puts a little kink in things...

Guest Hardy1531

Being that I am both a paramedic and a career firefighter, I would the option to carry. Unfortunately both services I work do not allow us to carry. We are taught from the beginning, if we don't feel safe, wait until LE can get there. Or if we are already there, back out and call for LE. I know this isn't the best, but it usually works. Plus being we are already in uniform MOST people respect us and know we are there to help so they typically don't give us much grief. Plus who doesn't love firemen? Lol.

Being that I am both a paramedic and a career firefighter, I would the option to carry. Unfortunately both services I work do not allow us to carry. We are taught from the beginning, if we don't feel safe, wait until LE can get there. Or if we are already there, back out and call for LE. I know this isn't the best, but it usually works. Plus being we are already in uniform MOST people respect us and know we are there to help so they typically don't give us much grief. Plus who doesn't love firemen? Lol.

Scene safety right?

I would be all for this. I am a Paramedic and work in some sketchy parts of town. As I'm sitting here at work right now we just had two stabbed in my zone and the suspect is still on the loose...so yes I would love to be able to carry. I just think there needs to be some rules for retards that don't know their butt from a hole in the ground....

• 3 weeks later...

I am on a volunteer fire department. It surprised the chief the first time he seen my Tarus peek out from under my shirt. I firmly believe paramedics and fire departments should allow concealed carry. You never know what you running head first in to on medical calls.

Sent from my ARCHOS 70it2 using Tapatalk 2

I am on a volunteer fire department. It surprised the chief the first time he seen my Tarus peek out from under my shirt. I firmly believe paramedics and fire departments should allow concealed carry. You never know what you running head first in to on medical calls.

Sent from my ARCHOS 70it2 using Tapatalk 2

Honestly Sir, you should never RUN head first into ANY medical call. Twenty Six years of experience speaking here! That's why they make Cops, Canarys and Army Privates!

Dave S