Paramedic Carry?

Guest Zombie Response Medic

Guest Zombie Response Medic

What does everyone think about Paramedics carrying either concealed or open? Does this put a bad image out to the people that you are trying to help? Let me know what you think!!!

I'm sure the response would be pretty much the same regardless. IE the person won't really care whether you're a paramedic or pizza delivery guy....they will give you hell or a thumbs up either way.

Although, I would assume any paramedics associated with the government would be out of luck. Also, would suck if you went to a hospital that didn't allow carry....

I'm sure the response would be pretty much the same regardless. IE the person won't really care whether you're a paramedic or pizza delivery guy....they will give you hell or a thumbs up either way.

Although, I would assume any paramedics associated with the government would be out of luck. Also, would suck if you went to a hospital that didn't allow carry....

Even if there was a service that allowed carry, a huge problem would be carrying in prohibited places....most hospitals, schools, etc.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Guest ab28

In the military, medics carry pistols to defend their patients.

I carried an M4 as well. I looked like just another dude with a rifle to those hajis, that way they didn't specifically gun for the medics.

Edited by ab28

What does everyone think about Paramedics carrying either concealed or open? Does this put a bad image out to the people that you are trying to help? Let me know what you think!!!

I'd carry concealed if I were a paramedic...I mean seriously, you never know what area of town you'll be in and who will try something stupid.

Guest ab28

I’d go by whatever the department or company policy is. You already know what we all think, and our opinion doesn’t count. ;)

I'd go by my own judgement. My companies' policy is no firearms, but since I work in a gas station, it makes sense to bring one. I have to tuck my shirt in, so I can't have it on me, but I have a pack I bring with lunch, ect, and it is loaded with a round in the chamber and a full magazine, in the holster, within easy reach. I wrap it in my tshirt and lay it by the safe when I am doing stuff with that, it is out of the customer's view, and within grabbing distance. All I have to do is pull the holster off and it is ready to go.

My life is more important than some BS liberal policy. I'll have a .380 in my pocket as well, when I can get one.

Guest bkelm18

I'd go by my own judgement. My companies' policy is no firearms, but since I work in a gas station, it makes sense to bring one. I have to tuck my shirt in, so I can't have it on me, but I have a pack I bring with lunch, ect, and it is loaded with a round in the chamber and a full magazine, in the holster, within easy reach. I wrap it in my tshirt and lay it by the safe when I am doing stuff with that, it is out of the customer's view, and within grabbing distance. All I have to do is pull the holster off and it is ready to go.

My life is more important than some BS liberal policy. I'll have a .380 in my pocket as well, when I can get one.

I see your point but getting fired from a gas station for having a weapon isn't a career ender like it might be for a paramedic.

I see your point but getting fired from a gas station for having a weapon isn't a career ender like it might be for a paramedic.

Being Dead is also a career ender.

If someone were compelled to carry contrary to company policy, the watchwords would be "Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe."

Guest bkelm18

Being Dead is also a career ender.

If someone were compelled to carry contrary to company policy, the watchwords would be "Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe."

Yep. Your family will really love it when you lose your job, probably get sued, and might even be incarcerated. But hey you're still alive.

Carry deeply concealed and don't ask don't tell. ER room nurses are the worse to cry At the sight of a handgun. They don't even like having cops in there with handguns. Ask me how I know.

Most are idiots, just like most people. But don't lump them all in the same basket. My mom would likely ask you (jokingly) if you could come help her with some "special" patients :)

Yep. Your family will really love it when you lose your job, probably get sued, and might even be incarcerated. But hey you're still alive.

Exactly! I'm glad we agree. . . .

Gunman Wounds Nurse and Guard at Bronx Hospital

http://www.nytimes.c...x-hospital.html

Gunman Kills Two In Shooting Spree In Emergency Room

http://community.sea...15&slug=1066569

Hospital ER reopens after fatal police shooting

http://www.lasvegass...on-hospital-er/

Police: Bar fight led to shooting at Scotland Memorial Hospital

http://www.wral.com/.../story/7037030/

Edited by QuietDan
Guest ArmaDeFuego

You probably wont get opinions that are representative of the population as a whole by asking on this board if we are for our EMTs carrying hahaha.

Of course I wouldnt mind at all. I actually think its a good idea for EMTs & firefighters to carry.

Guest ab28

Well, I don't have any assets, and don't own stuff because I am a minimalist. They wouldn't get much out of me if I did get sued. It is my own personal decision and judgement how I choose to defend myself. I don't care what corporate policy says, it is meaningless to me. The opinions of a business owner are meaningless, ect, I trust my own judgement and I choose to carry. I go through considerable expense to ensure that I am well trained with a firearm. If the company won't provide security for me, then they can't ask me not to provide it for myself.

I have been robbed before, at a gas station. I did not have a permit at the time. I had a drunk guy tonight cuss me out because I wouldn't sell him beer, he walked out, I called the cops and gave them a description of the vehicle and the man driving it. He may come back angry later if he gets arrested. I also had several angry rude customers, and I was very diplomatic with them and defused the situation. I had more peace of mind because I knew I could deal if things got ugly. Corporate policy is cold comfort, if I am there alone, I'm gonna have my Glock on me.

I'll be doing modeling soon, as well as going back to school, so I won't be at the job as much. Unfortunately, I can't carry on campus.

Edited by ab28

I suspect that ~20% around here do carry. Open carry for these would be a mistake. Some psycho would snatch it away from them. I think every EMT that I know who carries has a LCP in a pocket, I know a couple that had a JFrame before a LCP.