Sagia 12 conversion

jcoosi

So I have been wanting to do one for a while.Buddy that owns a gun shop called and said hey my dealer has a special on Sagias for 625 so I ordered one.Then I went to Carolina Shooters and ordered all parts needed for conversion the list is as follows

Tromix DIY trigger guard

Tapco FCG

Saw grip

Ace 7.5 stock

Ace folding mechanism

Reciever block

Pheonix door breacher brake

BHO kit

Reliability kit

CSS quad rail

Magpul AFG (not installed)

EoTech (not installed)

Polished all internals where recommended on Sagia 12 forum.

Just need to pick up a drum and go shoot!

So here are some pics

sagia.jpg

sagia2.jpg

sagia3.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say this, dump the Tapco hammer if you haev ANY problems. The Tapco hammers are too high for the Saiga and drag really hard on the bottom of the bolt. My gun rans 100% than I installed a Tapco hammer and it would not run hardly at all. I put the orginal hammer back in and it is again 100%. I made my own puck to get the parts count up.

I also polished the bottom of the bolt, replaced the first recoil spring with a 16 pound 1911 spring (that is what is in the reliability kit), installed the lightweight hammer/trigger spring, The barrel was shortened to 15" then a muzzle brake welded back on to bring it to legal length. I also installed a SKS vented top handguard (they drop right in place).

It is by far the most reliable semi auto shotgun I have ever shot. It will be one of the kepper guns.

Good looking shotgun. I have been contemplating installing a folder for a while.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

The tapco kit I got was already ground down on the bulge area that causes them to drag.But I kept the old one just in case I do have problems.I do like the folder but not completely sold on the saw grip yes it works but I guess I am used to the magpul grips on my ar.

Dol did you shorten your barrel yourself? I think that will be my next mod is to shorten the barrel and weld the brake on as you did.

The bump isn't the problem. It is the hammer face that is too high. If you compare the two you will see what I am talking about. And when you grind it down enough to where it isn;t a problem the hammer doesn't hit the firing pin squarely.

Get a Hogue grip, you will wonder why you never had one before. They are by far the most confortable grip for any AR or Saiga. I have used the Magpul MIAD grips and they are tiring to my hand. Even when I replace the front and abck straps it still hurtI still get hand craps.

Dolomite