Arabic mandatory at New York City public school

Guest bkelm18

I'm all for kids learning another language. However their reasoning is ridiculous. It's not for the children, it's so the school can get some meaningless international award.

Na does not he confuted, what are the cataclysms?

?????????

Excuse my spelling, I put a "ح" where a "ه" belonged. Corrected below. And i misspelled مشكلة because of my fat thumbs on my iPhone.

أنا لا اÙهم، ما هي مشكلة؟
Edited by TMF 18B

I'm taking classes right now, 5 hours a day 5 days a week. I already did a 6 month stint learning it, doing a refresh 6 years later. It's not that hard to read and understand the squiggles. Language is already mandatory in high school, at least it was at the high school I went to.

Other thean Nnumbers it is dumb. We do use the aArabic number system. The only way a person will

Llearn a foreign language is if they want too he wants to. My self Myself (redundant), I didn't.

I dunno, you do okay in English as a second language. What was your first? ;)

Back on point, seems to me if another language is required, should be Spanish. Hispanic-Mericuns will be the majority race in 25 years or less, and we all know how well they've assimilated into our culture, what with all the bilingual usages most everywhere. As a matter of fact, this very year was first time that white births were not the majority of all births in the US.

Of course, for business purposes, Mandarin Chinese is a wise choice for the future. Seriously.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Maybe those wise educators in New York know something we don't. I'm expecting to hear of a Sharia Law School

in some empty public school building in New York, next.

@ TMF 18B

The problem is it's mandatory and not for the childrens benefit but for the schools. Like a lot of other things these days.

This is why I don't see a problem, there are elementary schools all around the country that teach foreign languages as a mandatory instruction. My elementary school had Spanish as a mandatory class. No uproar there. I don't see Arabic as being any different with the exception of its global relevance/irrelevance. I agree that the administrator's assessment that it will make kids more competitive in a global market is ridiculous as the only exports of Arab nations are oil and extremism, but it does introduce kids to another language which makes a more rounded adult, just like art and music classes.

I had to take art classes all through elementary and middle school and I didn't grow up to be an artist. I learned to read, write and speak Arabic a decade ago and didn't become a Muslim.... weird, I know.

Edited by TMF 18B

The students would be better served learning a Romance language.

"The Arabic requirement becomes mandatory in September. But PS 368 is a so-called “choice’’ school and no kids, even those living nearby, are forced to attend it. If the school ever enrolls a student who objects to learning Arabic, administrators will deal with that on a case-by-case basis, Jackson said."

As long as their parents don't have a problem with it and it's not forced on anyone, I think it's great that any child might have an interest in any foreign language.

As Vontar stated before, "The only way a person will Learn a foreign language is if they want too."

I took German and Spanish in High School and College, but I didn't "learn" either of those languages.

I did learn Portuguese later because I wanted to.

Edited by BrasilNuts

I am assuming that they are already being taught English, but i know what you meant.

So, if you couple English with one of the Romance languages these kids will have a good base for communicating with people around the world.

Also, once you learn one Romance language each one you learn after that is easier.

Edited by BrasilNuts
Back on point, seems to me if another language is required, should be Spanish. Hispanic-Mericuns will be the majority race in 25 years or less, and we all know how well they've assimilated into our culture, what with all the bilingual usages most everywhere. As a matter of fact, this very year was first time that white births were not the majority of all births in the US.

Yeah...but if Obama has his way, the small minority of our new elite masters will be speaking arabitch...or maybe chinese.

Guest bkelm18

Well, if the parents are ok with it then big whoop I suppose. This country has bigger problems than kids learning a foreign language.

Well, if the parents are ok with it then big whoop I suppose. This country has bigger problems than kids learning a foreign language.

A foreign language I would agree, but this particular foreign language in this particular city...I'm not down with that. Muslims routinely build mosques on conquered ground. They see it as a symbol of victory. This is just more of their not so subtly shoving 9/11 and the new world order of islam in our faces.

Stealth Islamic Propaganda Shown to Six Million American Students

http://patriotupdate...erican-students

http://www.americant...n_students.html

In "Young and Muslim in America: How being a part of Islam changed ten years ago, Part 1," students watch as Muhtasham Sifaat, 18, kneels on a prayer rug inside an empty classroom. His voiceover explains how he moved around a lot when he was younger, but Islam has given him stability. What is not revealed is that Mr. Sifaat is a

serving as a chapter president of the Muslim Students Association (MSA), one of the most radical Muslim Brotherhood front groups in America.

The MSA pledge states: "Allah is my lord. Islam is my life. The Koran is my guide. The Sunna is my practice. Jihad is my spirit. Righteousness is my character. Paradise is my goal. I enjoin what is right. I forbid what is wrong. I will fight against oppression. And I will die to establish Islam."

Kyle Smith, 22, gives an overview of the five pillars of Islam before the narrator explains:

Kyle, who's president of his university's Muslim Students Association, grew up in a Roman Catholic family, but converted to Islam three years ago after
searching for meaning in his life
(italics mine)...two of his friends led him to the religion.

Doesn't searching for meaning in life describe almost every American adolescent? Presenting an idealized, whitewashed image of Islam and its followers, and showing how converting to Islam helps those who are lost and confused, this programming is nothing short of a disguised recruitment video pushing a religion in a public school setting.

Read more: http://www.americant...l#ixzz1vvKxxnkQ

Edited by mcurrier